• Seahawks by over 14 pts

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I just watch the commercials or halftime event

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • other

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if there was ever an independent study done to verify that under-inflated footballs are more accurate when thrown, or easily caught, etc vs normally inflated ones. And if so, in what weather conditions those tests took into account? :confused:

I wonder if there was ever an independent study done to verify that under-inflated footballs are more accurate when thrown, or easily caught, etc vs normally inflated ones. And if so, in what weather conditions those tests took into account? :confused:

As someone who has enjoyed chucking a football (both NFL and CFL versions) around for the past 25 years, I can tell you that a slightly deflated football is both easier to catch and throw - just the ability to decompress the ball a bit with the fingers allows for quite a bit more control. When my buddies and I throw the ball around now (I used to be able to throw it 55 yards, maybe 45 now :blush:) we always have it slightly deflated, Patriots style. :D

Anyway, back on topic...seems that both the experts and the public expect a real close game. I agree, could be a classic.

As someone who has enjoyed chucking a football (both NFL and CFL versions) around for the past 25 years, I can tell you that a slightly deflated football is both easier to catch and throw - just the ability to decompress the ball a bit with the fingers allows for quite a bit more control. When my buddies and I throw the ball around now (I used to be able to throw it 55 yards, maybe 45 now :blush:) we always have it slightly deflated, Patriots style. :D

Anyway, back on topic...seems that both the experts and the public expect a real close game. I agree, could be a classic.

Thanks, now that the statistical analysis is verified ;), I'll go with the Pats by 8.

Seahawks Will Win!

I've been following closely all that's going on in all media about the Seahawks these past couple of weeks. The guys look, sound and act so loose and confident.

As I said, in part, over a week ago in the 2014 NFL Season thread: "Tom Brady may be the last remaining elite QB and the Seahawks' toughest challenge to date. Should be another great, entertaining game the Hawks give."

But my Hawks will win, by at least one point, which is all it takes. Go Hawks!

Attachments

• Legion of Boom.jpg
    Legion of Boom.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 4
I voted "other". Is there some type of sporting event happening soon?

Poll ends in about 4 hrs.

Get your vote in if you haven't already and still want to. :)

Last edited:
Okay. The audience :) says:

Patriots - 38%

Seahawks - 41%

Commercials and/or Halftime - 12%

Other - 9%

Pretty much 50/50 between those choosing the Pats vs Seahawks and also most picked a close game.

Let's hope the game is that competitive and the half time show isn't the highlight (nothing against Katy Perry) like last year.

Thanks for participating :greetings10:

Okay. The audience :) says:

Patriots - 38%

Seahawks - 41%

Commercials and/or Halftime - 12%

Other - 9%

Pretty much 50/50 between those choosing the Pats vs Seahawks and also most picked a close game.

Let's hope the game is that competitive and the half time show isn't the highlight (nothing against Katy Perry) like last year.

Thanks for participating :greetings10:

Last I heard, Vegas odds makers have it Pats by 1 point.

Wings.
Beer.
Pizza.
Beer.
Spandex.
Beer.

Any questions ? :cool:

OK. I'll bring the wings, pizza and beer. And, I think it's a great idea that we all wear Spandex outfits in the colors of the team we are rooting for. Gosh, this is gonna' be fun. Maybe at the end of the game we can all trade our Spandex jerseys with one another--kind of like they do in soccer.

OK. I'll bring the wings, pizza and beer. And, I think it's a great idea that we all wear Spandex outfits in the colors of the team we are rooting for. Gosh, this is gonna' be fun. Maybe at the end of the game we can all trade our Spandex jerseys with one another--kind of like they do in soccer.

I actually have an authentic jersey with an old-style design (bought before those became "throwbacks"). It's held up very well since I save it only for occasions like today. It's number 14 - Steve Grogan.

Um...um...the spandex refers to the eye candy for us chickies watching the game. All those muscles...:cool:

Youse guys watch the cheerleaders during the once-in-a-while camera shots. I got the spandex covered during the entire game. ;)

Come on over with that beer.

Go Pats.

Go Bears....ups wait one........go commercials.......

The question asked for a prediction.

I predict 90% of all the players on the field today will be broke in 10 years.

I'd predict that Mr Brady won't be among that group.

Um...um...the spandex refers to the eye candy for us chickies watching the game. All those muscles...:cool:...

Sorry, I misunderstood. Guess I didn't pick up on the subtext all that well. Maybe sleeping in the Spandex outfit last night was another mistake. Do you know if Bloomingdale's will let me return the outfit without a receipt?
(and a few barely visible stains)?

Last edited:
Oh, a prediction:

Patriots to win in regulation or in over-time.

I don't like either team and don't like either coach.

Why the Seattle SEAHAWKS are going to win. They have us "the 12th man" behind them all the way to the win!

Pats WIN!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom