Realpolitik - About Bush

Would You Vote for GW in 2008 (if he could run)

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 87 84.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
?? wow! chinaco.. I would vote for Romney over Thompson in a heartbeat. One's a real fake; the other's a fake fake. Look into what Thompson has actually ever done (nothing!).

I am keeping an open mind. :)

As for projecting my views that's what all of us do when we post on this forumn.
No...... that's what YOU do. Please speak for yourself only.
As for the GREAT Ann Richards if Old George W was half the woman she was

If George was half the woman Ann Richards was, he'd have to spread his legs and squat when he visited the cemetary to pee on her grave! :D

No...... that's what YOU do. Please speak for yourself only.

If George was half the woman Ann Richards was, he'd have to spread his legs and squat when he visited the cemetary to pee on her grave! :D

Youbet, you :uglystupid:just expressed a view and an opinion. But you know what they say about opinions/views they are just like a particular part of the body we all have one. So just take a moment and calm down.:cool:

Hopefully you are not one of the 30% or so left in America, that still think that Old George W is a H E L L of a commander in chief and a WAR TIME HERO. Or maybe you are part the small majority that stay think Iraq attacked us on 9/11 and thus we had a right to attack them.

As for your comment about Old George W peeing on the GREAT Ann Richard's grave that is just in poor taste :duh:and the rants of a person who does not have respect for the dead >:D. GROW UP and be a MAN or a WOMAN.

hey hey hey HEY! Keep it civil! I guess I started this mess so I suppose I need to speak up.

Keep the vitriolic comments to others on the board to yourself.

This is about GW's performance not you or your party affiliation.

Obviously this is a hot button for the far right. Those folks will never see past the basic party line. Even the conservative talk show host are criticizing GW on a number of issues. By the way, those talk show guys are just cheer leaders to keep the die hards party members in line, fired up, and not defecting... same goes on the liberal side. Just so you know, those talk show hosts are not there to convert people, rather to keep the faithful seduced with rhetoric... get the vote out!

Look at it like this. Let's say GW was the CEO of a corporation that you invested your life savings in... would you want him at the the helm (think analogy) based on his performance.

I suspect that if most people could remove their political biases, few would say NO.

Look at it like this. Let's say GW was the CEO of a corporation that you invested your life savings in... would you want him at the the helm (think analogy) based on his performance.

I suspect that if most people could remove their political biases, few would say NO.

Are you SURE you meant to write "few would say no" to Bush as CEO of their company:confused:

Urk.
Arbusto, Harken, Caterair

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/capitalgames?bid=3&pid=82
http://www.iht.com/articles/2002/08/07/edignatius_ed3_.php
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/wh2000/stories/bush073099.htm

I think I'd hire Ken Lay (RIP) sooner than George W.
From what I can tell, W has never done one successful independent thing.
Ever.

Gosh, those articles changed my vote. Previously, I would have said NO, NO, NO.

But reading them objectively rather than with a preconceived hatred of the man himself, I see a guy with a fledgling business Spectrum 7, having difficulty because oil had plummeted to $9. Not because he was a poor executive.

Read this quote from the article:
"As an oilman, Bush always worked hard, winning a reputation as a straight-shooter and a good boss who was witty, warm and immensely likable. Even the investors who lost money in his ventures remained admirers, and some of them are now raising money for his presidential campaign."

Then a greedy business gobbler (Soros) is foolish enough to buy the company for whatever ulterior motives and Bush gets a good deal. How can W be blamed in that exchange. Save the venom for Soros.

Then George gets a cushy job on the Carterair board (not CEO) and leaves due to an overzealous, dictatorial CEO.

In the end he parlayed almost nothing into ownership of my beloved Texas Rangers.

The man is a genius. But I'm still voting for Hillary.

So now I vote YES, YES, YES.

I may hire him to promote my new book: "The Loons: Characters from an ER board."

OAP, you can say certain situations were reasonable and not his "fault". But the point is, even if he wasn't a Horrible manager, he certainly didn't excel or shine. His "genius" was in parlaying "nothing" (nothing except lots of propping up moneywise leveraging Daddy's good name) into owning the Rangers? Yeah, every kid on my block growing up had that same opportunity for "genius".. Barf.

That WaPo quote was a hoot!!! You know you've got yerself some liberal media when people can write with a straight face that a guy lost people money yet these folks still admire him! Can this be true? I want names and direct quotes. I want to know there's no quid pro quo. Hmph. Admire away!!!

Realpolitik- about bush

I would not hire Old George W to run any company and that would include him being the city dogcatcher of any small community.

One only has to look at his mis-management of the Iraq War and at his failed policies as it pertains to that WAR, to get a picture of just how incompetent Old George W truly is. How many more of OUR TROOPS and of the Iraqi people have to be killed, wounded and maimed before he gets the message that it is time to end the Iraq War? Sadamm and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, he did not have WMD's, he did not have the capability to nuke (as Rice alluded to) the US, he was not a threat to the U>S, the intel was cooked and flawed, etc.., etc.... Wake up America Old George W lied to us and some were dumb enough to swallow them HOOK, LINE and SINKER.

For the advocators of WAR and supporters of Old George W let's just hope that he does not attack Syria, Iran or any other country that does NOT agree with his way of thinking. Because if that happens guest what the DRAFT will become a reality and than we will see just how many of his supporters will be willing to go pay the ultimate price of going to fight in his WARS. Will most of his supporters cry and wine for multiple deferments like Cheney, Rudy G and Rove? Or just maybe they have a daddy that WILL pull some strings to keep them out of the line of fire and out of harm's way.

If I speak out of turn I ask for some understanding because my only concern is for the well being of OUR TROOPS, OUR FALLEN TROOPS, OUR VETERANS, THEIR FAMILIES AND THE IRAQI PEOPLE.

Last edited:
Most in Texas means exactly what I said, just look at what % of the people actually vote in local, state and national elections. It is very low I said most and I did not say ALL.

Again, you are projecting your views on others. That is different from merely projecting your views. When I say project them on others, I mean you are assuming that others see things as you do, w/o evidence of such.

Since the 'most' you refer to now (conveniently) includes those people that didn't vote, then yes, you are projecting your views on others. How can we know, and why should we think that the non-voters had a different breakdown in preference from the voters. And if they did, I guess they need to get out there and vote! So you say they 'knew' GW was a dufus, but didn't feel strongly enough to go vote? That speaks volumes.

And I never said 'ALL' either, so don't throw that red-herring in there.

Originally Posted by Wags
It is about time that the rest of the U.S and the world are finally realizing what most of us in Texas already knew which is that Old George W is an incompetent DUFUS.
As for him being elected as Governor for two terms I guess the good people of Texas were BS'ed just like in the case where America ate up his lies, half truths, cooked intel, false intel, etc..., etc.... -

Which is it WAG ?? - Texans KNEW he was a DUFUS, or they were B.S.'d by him??

Seem you want to have it any which way suits you at the time. That is what I call BS.

-ERD50

It's getting kinda ugly now guys. :p

It's getting kinda ugly now guys. :p

I would have never guessed a political thread like this would get ugly.:rolleyes:

This is why we need an "ignore thread" feature.

I don't want to keep seeing the same useless thread heading every time I log in. It's like forum SPAM.

Again, you are projecting your views on others. That is different from merely projecting your views. When I say project them on others, I mean you are assuming that others see things as you do, w/o evidence of such.

Since the 'most' you refer to now (conveniently) includes those people that didn't vote, then yes, you are projecting your views on others. How can we know, and why should we think that the non-voters had a different breakdown in preference from the voters. And if they did, I guess they need to get out there and vote! So you say they 'knew' GW was a dufus, but didn't feel strongly enough to go vote? That speaks volumes.

And I never said 'ALL' either, so don't throw that red-herring in there.

Which is it WAG ?? - Texans KNEW he was a DUFUS, or they were B.S.'d by him??

Seem you want to have it any which way suits you at the time. That is what I call BS.

-ERD50

First of all I will not get into a word game with you or anyone else in these forums. We are all FREE to express or project any views or opinions that we choose to and as such I will exercise my right to do so. If you do not like my posts or what I have to say then DO NOT READ THEM.

I do not remember anyone appointing you a subject matter expect on what is BS and what is not BS. Just like beauty, BS is in the eye of the beholder and as such one should not be casting stones when one may be in the outhouse.

ladelfina, like you are doing, I lived abroad for two decades and it was clear that most Europeans thought Ronnie was a nut case. Yet his actions helped Europe immensely. They just never admitted it, not even now.

Fast forward and Bush has given the world a democracy in the Middle East, it will rank with the fall of the Berlin Wall in changing our world.

Hillary will do even greater things, like changing our failed health system into a more social medicine model. She will have more impact that the last 4 presidents combined. The world will love Hillary.

------------------
Wags, while I would be less bombastic, I do agree with your comment because as a former protector of troops worldwide, I also claim:
"because my only concern is for the well being of OUR TROOPS, OUR FALLEN TROOPS, OUR VETERANS, THEIR FAMILIES AND THE IRAQI PEOPLE."

What everyone is missing is a historical perspective on the Iraq. The British appeased Hitler with the Munich Agreement and the world suffered WWII. The British or dare I say, "Churchill's creation of the artificial monarchy of Iraq after World War One, forced together unfriendly peoples, Sunni Muslim Kurds and Arabs, and Iranian Shiite Muslims under a single ruler."

So don't put all the blame on Bush, he had helpers.

See this article and barf. How Britain invented terror bombing in 1920s Iraq | International Communist Current

I'm voting for Hillary.

BTW, I was very civil in what I said above.

But I may soon expose the very well hidden fact that plans were drawn up and preparations made for the US to form a new country. Guess what it was to be called.

Dubya-stan? :p

I look at politics the way I'm attempting to look at life. For instance, if I'm stuck in traffic, and dufii are making things worse with their [-]idiotic[/-] creative driving maneuvers, apparently the only person upset about it is me. A better ploy is to turn up the radio, and leave lots of extra space around me, to help avoid the multi-car collision about to occur...

I hold my nose, vote, then get on with life...

This is not to say I don't give politicians some well-deserved $hit from time to time... :bat:

Dubya-stan :D. Damn HFWR, I just ripped some kidney staples loose. Careful.

That is damned close.

I'll PM you some evidence and you will be shocked. I was and having worked for the spooks, it is not over yet.

I'm out the door for a bit to Chelsea so back with proof in a bit.

BTW, all kinds of gov't infrastructure was in work. All paid for by the taxpayers of the USA.

I'll PM you some evidence and you will be shocked. I was and having worked for the spooks, it is not over yet.

I'm out the door for a bit to Chelsea so back with proof in a bit.

This all sounds mysterious. Care to share with all of us? ;)

Chelsea Clinton?

I must say OAP you are one interesting dude to be on the side of W and HRC simultaneously! Are you pulling one leg, the other, or both!?

I agree people have a dim understanding of Iraq, but neither was Churchill the first to to enforce Empire there.. Turks, Iranians and Mongols all tried their hand at it with varying success. Our establishment of the largest most expensive embassy anywhere, along with permanent bases (this is happening) just means we're expecting to be the next Empire in line. I think it is fairly obvious by now this was the plan all along. Cheney was meeting to divide up Iraq's oil fields in March 2001, two months after entering office and 6 months before 9/11.

Judicial Watch

The sun will at some point set on us as it did with the British, French, Spanish, Russians, Ottomans, Persians, Romans, etc. They did not find it easy or cost-effective to impose themselves indefinitely on remote and largely unwilling populations; nor will we. The usual suspects will make out like bandits while many, mostly innocent, will continue to die. It is ever thus.

Self interest? How do you figure that, given that I am one of the few here who had no flooding and did not lose my job?

Personally I think that anybody who had the slightest clue about what went on here would say exactly what I said, for the same reasons, no matter where they live. It breaks my heart.

The fact that you could make such a statement is a testament to the great quantities of misinformation floating about, in my opinion. I don't think you are an uncaring individual.

I'm confused, how did Bush "fail" the folks in New Orleans? The mayor of New Orleans and the governor are two of the worst political hacks I have ever seen...............:p

I'm confused, how did Bush "fail" the folks in New Orleans? The mayor of New Orleans and the governor are two of the worst political hacks I have ever seen...............:p

Followed closely by the hacks at FEMA...

Fast forward and Bush has given the world a democracy in the Middle East, it will rank with the fall of the Berlin Wall in changing our world.

What are you smoking? Where is there a democracy in the middle east? Closest thing to it is Israel, but it can't qualify due to large numbers of oppressed and disenfranchised Palestinians. What Bush gave us in Iraq was 1) chaos 2) unbelievable recruitment opportunities for Al Quada 3) 50,000+ new young boys named 'Osama'

Sadly, you are right--it may rank with the Berlin wall in changing our world. Probably won't be a good change, though.

Hillary will do even greater things, like changing our failed health system into a more social medicine model. She will have more impact that the last 4 presidents combined. The world will love Hillary.

Hillary has been for the Iraq war nearly from the beginning. She showed no judgment whatsoever. Now she won't even admit that her vote was a mistake, but rather blames it on those nasty Republicans for misleading her. Won't even take responsibility for her own actions. Not presidential material, IMO.

Chelsea Clinton?

I must say OAP you are one interesting dude to be on the side of W and HRC simultaneously! Are you pulling one leg, the other, or both!?

I agree people have a dim understanding of Iraq, but neither was Churchill the first to to enforce Empire there.. Turks, Iranians and Mongols all tried their hand at it with varying success. Our establishment of the largest most expensive embassy anywhere, along with permanent bases (this is happening) just means we're expecting to be the next Empire in line. I think it is fairly obvious by now this was the plan all along. Cheney was meeting to divide up Iraq's oil fields in March 2001, two months after entering office and 6 months before 9/11.

Judicial Watch

The sun will at some point set on us as it did with the British, French, Spanish, Russians, Ottomans, Persians, Romans, etc. They did not find it easy or cost-effective to impose themselves indefinitely on remote and largely unwilling populations; nor will we. The usual suspects will make out like bandits while many, mostly innocent, will continue to die. It is ever thus.

ladelfina,
the Chelsea Clinton thing caused me to pass a kidney stone, thru my nostrils. OW!

Gosh, I'm pretty sure I've posted before that when Bush decided to invade Iraq that I ( and about 400 others in a huge "spook" operations room ) nearly fainted. All of us collectively shook our heads, NO, NO, NO.

I support Bush on nothing he's done except the tax reduction, otherwise, he mad a LOT of bad decisions. With supposedly very intelligent and experienced people around him.

Alway remember that one of this board's heroes Colin Powell was part and parcel to that decision. I only recall him saying otherwise much later and when convenience served him to do so.

Otherwise, I'm very much centre-left. HRC in 2003 would have been a good slogan.
-------------------
TexasGal, I'll PM you the same info. It's got evidence. I also have some former coworker trying to get additional data.

It's kinda scary.
------------------

Bosco,
you asked where is democracy in the Middle East, in Iraq, I'll admit it kinda chaotic at the moment but a quick look at the early years of our wonderful system reveals, fist fights, threats, etc. Maybe that still exists here. But Iraqis voted, a government representative of all people was formed and it is called a democracy.

When Ronald Reagan pushed Star Wars technology into production, my European colleagues saw the American media and far left types scream, "we will all die in a nuclear holocaust when the Russians attack." Living in Europe at the time was tough because our government was considered cowboys. Everyone and I'd bet you too, considered him a fool. He was wily smart and above petty media and leftist attacks.

Well, the Soviet Union crumbled under the economic impact and the entrapped Ukrainians, Estonians, Latvians, Georgians, and the x-stans all gradually got independence.

The Berlin Wall did not fall by itself, a cowboy in the White House brought that down.

So it will be recorded in history for George Bush. No matter how much I dislike his policies and his approach, it will be.

As for Hillary's vote for the Iraq war, she had information that there were weapons of mass destruction.

And lest you ignore it. Bill Clinton bombed the crap out of Baghdad.

People ( like myself ) who were in jobs requiring us to know the actual facts about Iraq, are very much satisfied that something had to be done. Clinton tried and failed but Hillary would have had very clear insight into the need for Hussein's removal.

She voted the tough vote.

Iraq war was wrong. But that's hindsight. Makes us all brilliant, except me.:rant:

Maybe you should have listened to your Northern cousins.

Canada said we will have nothing to do with this Iraq charade. We KNEW it was a con.

Tony Blair has since been proven to be Bush's poodle and put out to pasture.

We knew Bush was an idiot from the day he stole the 2000 election.

Canadians are serving and dying in Afghanistan where the real fight is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom