Ring....what do you think?

citrine

Full time employment: Posting here.
Question....do you think this is over the top for an engagement ring? I don't really like the traditional rings and wanted something a little more fun ;)
And the deal was fantastic!

Not my taste, but you will have to wear it a long time so you might as well pick something you really like.

When I proposed to DW we were still college students and I did not have a pot to p!ss in, so she is lucky it was not a CZ.

I just read something recently that said the average cost of an engagement ring today is about $3,500. For that kind of money, it would seem important to be sure of getting something that will still be enjoyed many years later. If this fits that bill, go for it.

Question....do you think this is over the top for an engagement ring? I don't really like the traditional rings and wanted something a little more fun ;)

I think the ring is gorgeous!

But, my disclaimer is I'm not married, so others may know more about these sort of things :LOL:

I think it is lovely!
I lost my engagement ring after 18 years of wearing it, and didn't want a replacement so I have started wearing an old ring of my mom's instead. I love it, and it is very unusual, something she bought in Egypt on a trip with my dad.

Not my taste, but you will have to wear it a long time so you might as well pick something you really like.

+1 Get one you really like! :D If it is this one, and if you and your fiance can afford it, then get this one.

brewer said:
When I proposed to DW we were still college students and I did not have a pot to p!ss in, so she is lucky it was not a CZ.

Same with my ex and me. I was in grad school and he had enlisted in the Navy and was not making much. So, I wore a modest engagement ring left to me by my grandmother in her will. My wedding band was gold but very very thin so it was affordable. Neither ring was anything I would have chosen had I had the choice, but during our 23 year marriage I was happy with them due to what they symbolized.

Last edited:
Yep...as others have said, if you like it, that's what really matters.

As for me...I've never met a diamond I didn't love! :dance:

Same with my ex and me. I was in grad school and he had enlisted in the Navy and was not making much. So, I wore a modest engagement ring left to me by my grandmother in her will. My wedding band was gold but very very thin so it was affordable. Neither ring was anything I would have chosen had I had the choice, but during our 23 year marriage I was happy with them due to what they symbolized.

Of course, since then I have bought DW some very nice jewelry. Now that we have moved to a place where it is quite uncommon for women to go around with expensive jewelry on a daily basis, I am sure she stands out a bit wearing it.

Hummmmm, I bought mine off Craigslist. The young women who had it had broke up with her boy friend and was selling it. She had bought it herself from a local reputable jeweler and still had the receipts and certificates. We went to the jeweler together, I even was able to see the number inscribed on the ring that matched the appraisal document diamond number, had the jeweler certify it, and bought it. It was a 1.75 carat very high quality diamond at about 60% of the original price. Yes used slightly, but had it reset in a ring DW wanted and am living happily ever after.

You should get what you want, that's all that matters. And no matter what you choose, it won't match everyone's tastes anyway, so don't worry about what others think...

Like others have said, get what you want....

But to answer your question, yes, I think it is over the top...

But hey, I am not flashy... I passed on my BILs diamond Rolex when he died... it is something that I would never wear...

There's a lot of love in that ring...........:)

Thanks everyone :)
I am not flashy either....but I am indian and we are genetically prone to over the top jewelry!
I do love it!

I am not flashy either....but I am indian and we are genetically prone to over the top jewelry!
I do love it!

That makes sense. I have an Indian client who has SEVEN large diamond rings she wears all the time. They are very ornate and beautiful. Once I commented on them and she said, "I have one for each one of my children, children are a gift and so were these"............:)

I say whatever turns you on and makes you feel good, as long as you can afford it, afford to lose it and it doesn't turn your finger green.

Last edited:
Looks more like a Super Bowl ring to me:D

DW must be Indian, I never knew...

I do love it!

I was going to ask if you would be able to wear that stunner of a ring while working but you probably don't wear any jewelry other than maybe a simple metal band while you're working?

My son-in-law's father's family is Indian and SIL outshines my DD in bling!

I think it is a pretty ring and if you like it that's all that matters !

Ditto. Also large, square rings seem to be the fashion now.

I wear my engagement ring mostly for dress now such as when I go to the opera, a play, cocktail party. I am widowed but still wear my thin tri-colored gold wedding band everyday stacked with a couple of other thin band rings.

Back
Top Bottom