Skin Lotion

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW would like moisturizing skin lotion that is unscented and non-sticky feeling. She wants these characteristics in order to please her husband.

I use the lubriderm uncented. WOrks good for me.

Spendy, but i vote for Amlactin, available at Costlyco. It's "12% lactic acid...with a PH of 4.5-5.5, and is a...naturally occuring humectant for the skin". A little goes a long long way - i use it on my wet shins after showering and it prevents dry itchy feeling during the winter heating season. Whether that would please her husband is something for you two to decide, but i will note that one is to "avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mucous membranes". Best stuff i've found.

I'll second the vote for Lubriderm unscented version :)

Charlotte

DW would like moisturizing skin lotion that is unscented and non-sticky feeling. She wants these characteristics in order to please her husband.
Maybe she just wants you to start being unscented and non-sticky...

Vitamin E body butter sold by the body shop .A little pricey but it lasts a long time.

I use Kroger or Meijer store brand lotion in the large pump dispenser. Non-sticky, no scent, works well.

A little goes a long long way - i use it on my wet shins after showering and it prevents dry itchy feeling during the winter heating season.
What is it with itchy shins? Sometimes I have to shower 3 times day-gym in the AM, shower before going out for the evening, shower after returning to remove the sweat from dancing. When I read this thread I was sitting here scratching my shins. Never happens in summer; never happens to other areas of my body.

I got this stuff from Walgreens named Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. It costs too much but it does work. I got it for my hands which get dry from frequent washing, but it also works on my legs. It is a bit sticky though.

Ha

Lubriderm has an SPF 15 version, too - nice here in the last of sunshine.

A tip: whatever you she uses, it will work best if applied right after a shower and patting dry, but sooner than 15 - 30 minutes, when your skin fully dries out.

Massage oil. Put a large plastic sheet down on the floor. Coat yourselves generously and pour some on the plastic sheet. Get down there and roll and wiggle. Maybe a little wrestling and tickling. A little pre-ritual wine sometimes helps things get started. Also, comments to DW about how smooth and soft her skin feels is beneficial.

The next day, a little Bengay or other linament will help sooth aching muscles not exercised for a long time.

I think everything should be unscented. I am only allergic to one thing: perfume.

We shop at a Harris Teeter grocery store where one of the cashiers uses some sort of scented hand lotion by the gallon. Everything she touches, including ALL the produce, gets a liberal coating. I get a headache just unpacking the stuff I just bought.

Mike D.

Daughter had best results with Cetaphil. Expensive stuff, but worked for her. They've started offering other products under their brand name, but the original formula was her favorite.

instead of lotion

I gave up looking for a skin lotion I liked and started using Burt's Bees lemon poppyseed face cleanser instead. In the morning I rub some into my (dry) hands, then rinse with warm water. You don't have to use much of it, and this has worked for me even in the dry Colorado climate. Non-sticky and no scent after you rinse it off.

Vitamin E body butter sold by the body shop .A little pricey but it lasts a long time.

Two votes for Body Shop Vitamin E! I love this stuff, also the Vitamin E facial moisturizer.

Body Shop founder Anita Roddick never got to enjoy RE. She died a few months ago aged 64, of a cerebral hemorrhage. The underlying reason was problems with blood clotting, due to Hepatitis C, which she picked up from a blood transfusion after having one of her children decades ago. Not fair, eh?

Massage oil. Put a large plastic sheet down on the floor. Coat yourselves generously and pour some on the plastic sheet. Get down there and roll and wiggle. Maybe a little wrestling and tickling. A little pre-ritual wine sometimes helps things get started. Also, comments to DW about how smooth and soft her skin feels is beneficial.

The next day, a little Bengay or other linament will help sooth aching muscles not exercised for a long time.

Great idea !

The Zippers use Boots No.7 Restore & Renew from England sold here in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I know it's available in the U.S. as well.

It was shown to outdo all the high $$$$ skin lotions in Britain at a fraction of the price.

They had traffic jams trying to get the stuff over there.

Mrs. Zipper and I think it is fantastic.

Google Boots No. 7 Restore & Renew.

It's Corn Huskers for me.

:)

Attachments

• prod_cornhuskers_lotion_lg.jpg
    prod_cornhuskers_lotion_lg.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 194
I use Eucerin lotion, my dermatologist recommended it. I think both Costco and Sam's sell the double bottle pack. The lotion is not greasy in my opinion, and unscented.

Walmart sells the knock off brand of their cream which is somewhat greasy.

Dang mind/eye interface! saw your avatar and thought it was a pic of someone bending over..... scary!

Calmoki - Um... it's a towel animal (pig) from a cruise I went on.

Just to be clear. :D

I get the itchy shins in winter, too, aqnd the more I shower, the worse they get. A generic Alpha-Keri bath oil really helps, applied just as you're finishing your shower. (Or draw a bathtub full, and pour in a few capsful. Makes a mess to clean out of the tub, though) Even the generics are expensive, but Alpha-Keri is outrageous....

We've tested many brands. Current front runner is Gold Bond "Ultimate Healing" version - comes in the white pump bottle or squeeze tube. Only came on the market in the last two or three years.

We've tested many brands. Current front runner is Gold Bond "Ultimate Healing" version - comes in the white pump bottle or squeeze tube. Only came on the market in the last two or three years.

I use Gold Bond Ultimate also but it does have a scent, not really sticky after it's absorbed in the skin. Dh said it smells a little like bananas but doesn't seem to last, he uses it on his hands and says it really helped keep them from cracking last winter.

Back
Top Bottom