The Ride's the Thing

I ride mainly on local roads. Occasionally will get a chance to go out on a rail-trail which is a nice change of pace. They are putting a couple more in town, and governor has announced plans to add more in the state.

I've got average speed at best, so don't try to ride with the fast guys and gals. Mostly, try to go a a good steady pace. Average little over 3000 miles a year. My bikes are steel, so weight at least three farts>:D.

My endurance goal is my annual century ride. Biggest thrill is knowing I can still climb some of the 20% grade hills we have around here:cool:.

My favorite road bike is a steel-framed Mondonico. (The other is an Al Trek.)

I give up a lb or two on the Mondonico but it is just a great ride. Smooth, responsive and fast.

I was thinking of analogies to members of the opposite gender but decided to refrain from posting them ;)

Rivrider, if you're doing centuries and climbing 20% grades you're doing great!

MB

Last edited:
I kind of like the idea of a tour type ride, camping out in-between 50 milers or so. But, I am so out of shape now that this won't happen, and I certainly can't ride where I am now. Like Walt said, life expectancy would be less than 30 minutes.

BTW, in Oz, fast or slow, a bonk is a bonk...but you know the Aussies sometimes have different spellings for things...:D

R

Back
Top Bottom