This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot, hot, hot.... except when it rains, because that breaks the heat. This is one reason why I love our wet climate here.

It rained yesterday and was pretty reasonable. It hasn't rained today yet, and Frank's Murano said it was 98 degrees outside. :eek:

Except that when the "hot" returns after the rain, you also get "humid"....

Now think about that, and look at my location... :D It seems like the humidity here just never ends (except for a week in October).

At work in the elevators and so on, it was common for someone to say, "Sure is hot and humid out there today" or something like that. My usual response was, "That's how we know we are living in New Orleans." :LOL:

Can we just skip summer? It was 84 degrees already this morning at only 8:15.

The heat just seems to weigh heavily on me this year... and it's NOT because I weigh heavily!

I'd like to fast-forward to about mid-October.

Just get an RV and you can easily do that... every year. (Does the word "Snowbird" ring any bells?)

it was common for someone to say, "Sure is hot and humid out there today" or something like that. My usual response was, "That's how we know we are living in New Orleans." :LOL:

I completely understand; it is 92° here and the humidity is already up to 21%. :D

Yeah, but at least we don't have to shovel heat and humidity. :whistle:

Yeah, you're right. I could have easily done without that those four times in the past ten year. Hmmmmm. Snowbird?!?! Does have nice ring to it.

You 'Nawlins folks sure eat lunch late in the day...:)

Well, we ate at 2 PM but it was memorable. :)

Frank is turning into a real night owl. He has been going to bed after 5 AM and getting up around 1:30 PM. I have been going to bed around 3:15 AM and getting up around 10:45. What all this means, I do not know. I much prefer getting up early but I am not inclined to set my alarm to do so.

SLOTH, I tell you! It's SLOTH, SLOTH, SLOTH!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Uh oh, and sloth is a sin. Guess I'm doomed.

Well, we ate at 2 PM but it was memorable. :)

Frank is turning into a real night owl. He has been going to bed after 5 AM and getting up around 1:30 PM. I have been going to bed around 3:15 AM and getting up around 10:45. What all this means, I do not know.
If by "memorable" you mean you ordered your steak so rare it could be described as simply warm and bloody, and/or you or Frank start growing significant body hair, I think we can help you figure out what what it means...

Yeah, you're right. I could have easily done without that those four times in the past ten year. Hmmmmm. Snowbird?!?! Does have nice ring to it.
I'm seriously considering snowbird status myself. The weather is great here from 1 April until around Thanksgiving. Then it would be nice to go to the southwest.

If by "memorable" you mean you ordered your steak so rare it could be described as simply warm and bloody, and/or you or Frank start growing significant body hair, I think we can help you figure out what what it means...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nah, he got red beans and rice, and I got a fantabulous spicy grilled chicken sandwich on French bread so I think we're OK.

W2R, thanks for your efforts but it looks like the national news is carrying the load at the moment. We average is less than 10 days per year of temps 100 and above at we're currently sitting at 34 days and counting... :nonono:

So, all you Texans, are you ready for this again? This post was dated 7/27/09, so last year's streak of 100+ degree temperatures must have started around 6/23/09. It's mid-June already.

Yesterday's official high here was 94, though some real world measurements reached 102 at one point. Today's official prediction is a high of 94 again. Everything is air conditioned, though, so it sounds worse than it lives. Right now it is officially 88 outside, with 78% humidity. The latter is so good for the skin, but with that much humidity it is almost hard to breathe outside.

So, all you Texans, are you ready for this again?
So far we've managed to stay under a balmy 95. I'm cautiously optimistic we will have a summer similar to 2007 (occasional rain, temps never got to 100) vs. last year's brutal heat (absolutely no rain, 59 days of 100 or higher).

So, all you Texans, are you ready for this again? This post was dated 7/27/09, so last year's streak of 100+ degree temperatures must have started around 6/23/09. It's mid-June already.
We haven't hit 100 yet. I think we've had 97 or 98 a handful of times, but no triple digits yet. We are still consistently reaching 5, 6, 7 degrees above the forecast high, but that just turns low 90s into high 90s.

Looks like the summer drought pattern is back, too.

Might hit 90F tomorrow and Saturday. Will run errands early.

We've had over 12 " of rain - coming down VERY heavily - in the past 10 days. 6" one day... or more. I don't care how humid it gets if only I can see the sun for a few days!

We have record rain for the month of July and there's over a week left. Basements are flooded everywhere and entire neighborhoods are unaccessable due to flooding. Still seems kind of minor compared to the winter weather around here but it's pretty bad.

We have record rain for the month of July and there's over a week left. Basements are flooded everywhere and entire neighborhoods are unaccessable due to flooding. Still seems kind of minor compared to the winter weather around here but it's pretty bad.

Not a lot of rain here. We could use some. I played golf this morning and teed off at 7:30am. Early for me, but helped to beat the heat. We were through by 10:30.

It is so hot and humid here, at least subjectively speaking. I don't suppose the *official* temperatures are over 95 or so.

It isn't raining today, but quite a bit of rain is predicted if Tropical Storm Bonnie comes our way tomorrow evening and/or Sunday. That should cool things off a little (though of course I don't wish any flooding on anyone).

It is so hot and humid in Michigan that well....this picture says it all.

Attachments

• IMG_2537.JPG
    IMG_2537.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 5
Where are you?

We have some impressive floods right here - but not really any rain. Just a heckuva lot of water coming down the river!!!!

Audrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom