This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
NW-Bound said:
I reckon that was what this rider wanted to do to his driver.

I don't know which is more amusing, the video or the title...Crash at Isle Of Man TT :D

It is 64 and clear outside right now. Mosquitoes about done for the year with none pestering me. I can see the milky way but I need to review my stars. Nice out. Smells like fall.

Is it October yet?

I hope not. I have to start using heat in October. Last year it got down below freezing in October for a few days. October is the beginning of 7 months of hell for me so no it's not October yet, thankfully.

It is 64 and clear outside right now. Mosquitoes about done for the year with none pestering me. I can see the milky way but I need to review my stars. Nice out. Smells like fall.

Hang on to that. We are on our way to International Falls -- should be there next week sometime. After Iowa, we could use some temperatures in the 60s.

Long pants and a hoodie and i'm still cold after just 5 minutes outside. I miss summer already! We may be getting windchills into the 30's the next couple nights/mornings. 200 miles north of me they had light frost and 32 degrees a couple days ago.:(

Nice fall morning, Seattle style. Temp 60.4, dew point 60.

We had about two or three weeks of summer this year, and so far no nice fall except the odd day. It's being blamed on La Niña, wouldn't you know it?

Ha

Had a surprise toad-strangler last week, then a bit of a cold-front and some more rain this week. Grass might just live...

Current conditions: 88 degrees, 53% humidity, with forecasted highs in the mid-90s through the weekend, and into next week.

I can't believe what I'm thinking, but I actually might go downtown to my office tomorrow. Part of my j@b is overlooking the data on the recording stations that watch for overflows in the local sewer system (sorry if that's TMI). I'm a bit worried about one of the stations on my list, and it's been pouring rain all evening. Unfortunately I can't access the data from home. Curiosity may get the better of me.

Frost advisory tonight... and so it begins:(

We get winter weather during 9 months of the year. I do not belong here.

It's raining on the Mid-Atlantic coast - finally. Maybe 2 to 3 days of rain, which we desperately need. Especially after the past severals days of 90+ degree days with high humidity.

Finally got a little rain yesterday morning. Needed a lot more, but it did bring a cool front through. Temps low 50's this morning and the high today is 78. Low 80's all week. Going to be some good golf weather this week.:)

Time to take the mutt on our 5 mile hike at the local state park. I'm sure he will get in a little swimming too.

It is FABULOUS out there today. The cold front passed through over the weekend, leaving us with cooler temperatures in the low 80's, brilliant sunshine, and night temperatures below 70!!!! :D:D:D

October (the best month for weather here in New Orleans) is on its way. :)

It is fabulous here too. The sun is shining. The frost melted and dried in the nearly 60 degree air. The fall colors are still great. I just saw a tree filed with Myrtle warblers flocking on their trip south.

The weather lady is predicting fabulous tomorrow, another scorcher today (without A/C). Gotta get out and check on the birds. Best possible season here, too.

Opened the windows last night. Woke up to a 52 degree morning. Bliss. Ding dong, the Wicked Witch of Texas Summer is dying...
Heh...I've realized I've been in TX too long when the 50's seem chilly to me. When we moved here from St. Louis 16 years ago we laughed at people when they thought 50 degree weather was nippy...

Heh...I've realized I've been in TX too long when the 50's seem chilly to me. When we moved here from St. Louis 16 years ago we laughed at people when they thought 50 degree weather was nippy...

I've been in Wisconsin for 30 years and haven't gotten used to the cold, and never will. 50 degrees is cold to me. I wear a hoodie and limit my time outside as much as possible when it drops below 60 which is about 8 months out of the year.

I've been in Wisconsin for 30 years and haven't gotten used to the cold, and never will. 50 degrees is cold to me. I wear a hoodie and limit my time outside as much as possible when it drops below 60 which is about 8 months out of the year.
One day you'll need to move south....of course if you move to TX, you'll have to fight the fire ants, chiggers...etc. Personally I'd rather 'rassle' with them than deal with a long winter...

Good soaking rain today and tomorrow, unfortunately most stuff is already dead. Where was this stuff for July and August?

Waiting for plumbers to show up and check the heating system.

One day you'll need to move south....of course if you move to TX, you'll have to fight the fire ants, chiggers...etc. Personally I'd rather 'rassle' with them than deal with a long winter...

I'm close with my family so I don't think I could move that far away. However, I may be out of a job soon and I would be more willing to consider moving if that happened. I would probably move to Florida though. I have an uncle who lives just outside of Orlando. He has lived 15+ years each in Wisconsin, San Antonio, and Orlando area. He prefers Orlando area over the other 2 for weather. Although the heat does get to be a bit much by august, it's still much better than Wisconsin winters. Texas you either get chilly winters or if you go too far south you get too many people who don't speak english. I would probably end up in the Tampa-Sarasota area. I want a place where the population density isn't too high and you can drive on the highway/interstate without having bumper to bumper traffic. I don't know if Florida has that problem or not except in Orlando. If it does then maybe i'll buy my parents vacant land in Arkansas. It's in the middle of no where bordered on 3 sides by state forest so I know I won't have any loud neighbors. They get a little snow in the winter but it's usually melted the day after so not too big of a deal.

Traffic in Florida is horrible. Including Tampa. But ask Rich (Tampa) and Moe (Sarasota).

I'm close with my family so I don't think I could move that far away. However, I may be out of a job soon and I would be more willing to consider moving if that happened. I would probably move to Florida though. I have an uncle who lives just outside of Orlando. He has lived 15+ years each in Wisconsin, San Antonio, and Orlando area. He prefers Orlando area over the other 2 for weather. Although the heat does get to be a bit much by august, it's still much better than Wisconsin winters. Texas you either get chilly winters or if you go too far south you get too many people who don't speak english. I would probably end up in the Tampa-Sarasota area. I want a place where the population density isn't too high and you can drive on the highway/interstate without having bumper to bumper traffic. I don't know if Florida has that problem or not except in Orlando. If it does then maybe i'll buy my parents vacant land in Arkansas. It's in the middle of no where bordered on 3 sides by state forest so I know I won't have any loud neighbors. They get a little snow in the winter but it's usually melted the day after so not too big of a deal.
I'm sorry to hear that you may lose your job.

However it sounds as if you have several options on where to live. You're young...you will find a location that will suit you I'm sure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom