Waaa!! I had to put my dog down.

I am crying for you and every pet I have lost. Our two dogs are 7 and almost 8.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking to lose a pet.

I had to put one of my dogs down last month, and I still miss her.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a beloved family member. Thanks for posting the nice photo of Hobbes, too.

I have lost many furry family members. The old dogs we have now are comfort to us as we have an empty nest. When I go to heaven (yes, I'm sure) I will have a pack of animals greeting me. That is comforting to me.

Pepper was a shepard-husky who lived for 14 years before losing control of her back end.
Boots was a tuxedo cat who thought he was a dog and lasted for 18 years. Both were put down.

Kahlil Gibran says it best. The great joy they bring you is why it hurts so much when they go. Hang in there bclover!:flowers:

sorry for your loss...You're to be commended for nurturing him when he got old, blind and deaf.. some folks wouldn't deal with that situation. Do you have another furry friend?.... we always have an emergency backup dog :) .. besides, they're super happy when the pack includes one of their kind.

my friends think I crazy because it is easier for me to go to combat (x4) than it is to lose a pet. I cry like a child when my pets go. My 10 yr old Great Dane and 14 year old Pit/lab are over shelf life but still doing great. The day will come and I will literally be curled up in the fetal position. Am dreading that day.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss. The pain of losing a pet is so acute. I'll bet you gave your pet a good life, and may it be some consolation to think that your pet had you and felt loved to his end.

I have lost many furry family members. The old dogs we have now are comfort to us as we have an empty nest. When I go to heaven (yes, I'm sure) I will have a pack of animals greeting me. That is comforting to me.

You mean a heaven greeting like this?

Attachments

• 19702260_1922453711340753_3114656737939425546_n.jpg
    19702260_1922453711340753_3114656737939425546_n.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 15
I am so sorry for your loss, bclover. It's hard to lose a part of the family. Hope you have lots of happy memories with your beautiful dog.

I am so very sorry for your loss. We had 4 old dogs and 2 died within 2 months. I was heartbroken and knew the other 2 wouldn't be far behind. We usually rescue but I decided I needed a puppy. Not only has he been good for me but he livened up the old ones. With our last dog we did in home euthanasia and it was much better for our dog but double the price. I have them cremated and in little cedar boxes. When I go my DH will put them in with me. I have 5 little boxes now.

Sorry to hear that the time came bclover. It’s never an easy decision. Our 15 yo Weimaraner still wakes up when it’s time to eat and go for his walk but we know it’s getting closer. All the more reason to enjoy and celebrate the good days.

I have 2 dogs I love bunches, but one of them is just super special. No question, losing a best friend is painful. No way around it. It is beautiful in a way, it shows how we can care so deeply for another animal.

bclover,

I am so very sorry. The memories will make you smile and smile and smile, but not until you get through the painful part. Be extra kind to yourself in the meantime.

You mean a heaven greeting like this?

Now I'm bawling. The Golden there looks like my best boy Buster. He was 15.5 exactly. We just let go our rescue Golden Penny about 3 weeks ago. We we on a walk with out last rescue Golden tonight and talking about Penny and all the food she was missing on the sidewalk.

Mrs scrapr says after we lose Oden she is going to house sit for Rover. That may be an interim fall back position until we get more Golden(s)

Hugs bclover

I am so sorry for your loss bclover. I am also sorry to hear of the other losses. I lost my besty 12 years ago. It took me all of 9 days to rescue another - it was just too darned quiet in the house. I felt that the house had no life. The new rescue trully rescued me. I knew I could never find another to take my besty's place, but I found another to take her space and it's been a joyful ride. She's sleeping a few feet away from me now and little does she know it but she's about to get loved on big time by her foster mom as I remember to cherish every moment.

And I LOVE that greetings in heaven photo. Mine will have a menagerie of dogs, hamsters and birds !

so very sorry
am still in mourning myself over a recent loss of a very significant pet
it takes a lot of time to not feel raw pain at each and every memory that before brought only happiness when the pet was still alive
but it will get better eventually
the discipline of having others to care for, on both two and four legs, helps a grat deal

I am so sorry for your loss, bclover. Hobbes looks like a fine fellow. He was lucky to be a part of your family. Sending hugs to you.

Sorry for your loss, bclover. I lost my best friend last month at age 9, due to a tumor outside his brain. He's the one in my profile pic. I cried like a baby and can't wait till I see him again some day. Best dog ever.

My girlfriend told me that someone told her that dogs are a short story with a sad ending.

I'm on my ninth book and she's on her sixth. Yeah, it hurts.

But not as much as the pain of not having a dog. So, when the grieving gives a bit, do what your dog wants you to do, go rescue another from a shelter and give it a home.

15806407044_193e956761_o.jpg

Lucy - three time loser street dog at the Stockton, CA city pound. Total sweetheart!

So sorry for your loss, bclover. It is so hard to let a beloved pet go. Hobbes was a beautiful dog and I’m sure you have wonderful memories of your time together.

I still miss the dog we had to euthanize due to cancer over 5 years ago. We did get another dog and we love him too, but I’ll never forget the first one we had. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom