What's worth watching on Hulu?

Line of Duty has four seasons and is outstanding. New Tricks is fun.

I am trialing the no commercial Hulu with Starz add-on.
Two well done documentaries I can recommend if they were missed.
Client 9 - the rise and fall of Elliot Spitzer
Page One - a year inside the New York Times
Also ~OK, two series -
NASA X
Hamilton's Pharmacopeia - hallucinogenic chemistry reality show

I was watching Hulu Original Frye Fraud while cooking today and I have to say it’s one of the worst, most disjointed/disorganized documentaries I have ever seen! But no commercials thank goodness.

I tried a few shows and they did not interest me. I have now knocked $1 of my ongoing monthly expenses.

Hulu's worth it for catching up on TV shows you missed the first time around.

Not for anything else.

So I'd never pay again for Hulu.

I've watched Homeland & Six on hulu & enjoyed both. Going to try The Librarians next as a friend recommended it.

Also nice as a backup for shows my TiVo missed due to pre-empting, poor reception etc.

(But I wouldn't pay more than 99 cents per month. Usually I just get a 1 month free trial during summer re-runs.)

Homeland is a Showtime show. You must have added a Showtime subscription through Hulu.

Seasons 1-5 of Homeland are available without the Showtime subscription, or at least they were when I watched them.

The new Hulu original series Catch-22 is outstanding! Based on the 1961 book Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.

Whoever wrote MASH obviously read that book. Very similar humor. M.A.S.H was published in 1968.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at all the Hulu dissing here. Hulu has some fascinating documentaries. Right now they have Free Solo among others. They have Fargo all 3 seasons I believe. We actually canned Netflix after trying Hulu.

But you can afford to be picky with streaming lots of options. We like to watch the majors tennis and golf. Once that season is over we'll probably stop Hulu for a couple months and give Sling another try next Fall.

The new Hulu original series Catch-22 is outstanding! Based on the 1961 book Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.

Whoever wrote MASH obviously read that book. Very similar humor. M.A.S.H was published in 1968.

Thanks for the tip.

I like Hula for series from the past. I'm probably one of the few who never watched Law & Order SVU. So I've have got into this series a bit. Occasionally I watch The Odd Couple, Cheers and Bob Newhart. And one original series Chance I thought was pretty decent. Season one that is as I haven't started season two. I read where the 2nd season was not as good and then the show was canceled. So it may not be worth watching. Ha. Hugh Laurie is a pretty good actor imo and that is the main reason I watched it.

Dawg I wouldn't want to be creating original content for streaming right now. We find if we are streaming something together we both have to like it within the first 10-15 or it's adios and goodbye. Gone are the days where you'd give something 2 or 3 episodes to grow on you.

I think we watched about 10 minutes of Chance and thought not tonight maybe some other time..Nope some other time didn't happen..

Dawg I wouldn't want to be creating original content for streaming right now. We find if we are streaming something together we both have to like it within the first 10-15 or it's adios and goodbye. Gone are the days where you'd give something 2 or 3 episodes to grow on you.

I think we watched about 10 minutes of Chance and thought not tonight maybe some other time..Nope some other time didn't happen..

I run into some of those too. I've seen what looked like the making of a decent series and then they run out of gas after a couple of shows. Chance actually had decent ratings after season 1. Appears they spit and sputtered in the next season. Of course we don't all like the same thing so I'll give the 2nd season a chance(no pun intended) before giving it a thumbs down.

I've been subscribing to Hulu but not watching it a lot.

Still have a big TV subscription so trying to keep up with those.

But they have some highly rated original series and Handmaid's Tale season 3 is coming back this month.

I watched the first episode of Catch-22. Very good and has some good actors in it too. I didn't recognize George Clooney originally.

I canceled my Hulu subscription. It was nice to have available but I rarely watched it.

I might resubscribe in the future but for now all’s good.

I watched the first episode of Catch-22. Very good and has some good actors in it too. I didn't recognize George Clooney originally.

We're several episode in, and it remains high quality. George Clooney is one of the producers.

In fact, DH is complaining about commercials during the series on our cheapie hulu 99c monthly subscription so I guess I'll have to upgrade us to finish watching it.

Liked Dickens' Bleak House with Gillian Anderson and two cast members from New Tricks - Denis Lawson & Alun Armstrong.

Back
Top Bottom