Women with Hairy Legs and Armpits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of misogyny on this thread.

No, what we have is a number of people willing to state how they feel. Without hiding their thoughts.

I mean the original question was "How do you feel about women with hairy legs and arm pits?" Are we suppose to only answer this one way?

The title is misogynistic by definition (women with hairy legs and armpits). Good to see we’ve now learned about personal grooming tastes for both sexes for many e-r.org members!

The title is misogynistic by definition (women with hairy legs and armpits). Good to see we’ve now learned about personal grooming tastes for both sexes for many e-r.org members!
But only two options were considered - shaving or not. What about other options? Braiding, for example.

I am not sure how it’s misogynistic (I am female btw). In this culture, it’s unusual to see women with hairy legs and armpits, not so unusual for men and hence the point of the post. Hairy armpits and legs gross me out and I am sure it’s because I am not used to it. I also think I look more attractive with smooth legs and under arms, particularly when I wear clothes that expose the arms and legs. I just prefer the look.

I guess I don’t care what other people want to do about their body parts and don’t care to share my own routine so I’ll bow out. I hope the OP cuts his daughter a little slack, however, as that started the topic.

I agree anytime you ask "what is your opinion about (insert women thing here)?" the question by default is borderline misogynous, if it's a scenario where you wouldn't consider asking the same question but with Men as the subject.

Yes, in modern western society, it is a norm, particularly from the late 20th century onward, for women to remove visible body hair to be deemed acceptable and attractive. Yes, the current generation isn't buying into this norm quite so much. Neither did a lot of women in the 70's, 80's, etc. Perhaps compliance is even less so these days with the younger set, and likewise, acceptance from their partners is higher - if so power to them!

When someone starts assigning unrelated attributes "she must be a lazy/dirty/piggy" whatever - based purely on that body hair choice, you get even further into questionable territory.

I spent more time today thinking about this topic than all of my life up to this point. The only other thing I can add is - if not braids, how about hair dye? Lots of possibilities. :)

I spent more time today thinking about this topic than all of my life up to this point. The only other thing I can add is - if not braids, how about hair dye? Lots of possibilities. :)

I would be afraid that the braids would get caught in my zipper!

I've never seen dye but hey. Google says I can learn about it. I'll pass on providing the link.

Never thought much about dye. Perhaps that's the newest thing.

Ever since I saw a perfect sculpture of Stonehenge in hair from there.... well it's not the same.

I don't really notice until they start braiding the armpits.

One to two hundred years ago, it was the fashion for women to be a little on the chunky side to show that their family had enough to eat. It was also high fashion to stay out of sun, use a parasol, and to sip an occasional arsenic beverage to keep the skin pale. Heaven forbid if you had to w*rk outside and do peasant work.
Who knows what the future may bring? Perhaps body hair braided into a sweater or knit skirt, with full body tattoos, with jewelry that looks like you tripped and fell into your father's tackle box, face first?

Wow, braiding and dyeing! That's what I call thinking outside of the box, or creativity.

Nowadays with so many people wearing tattoos, why not use their natural body hair as adornment? Or even if one shaves his/her arms or legs, why not shave a pattern or design into them? This plus the different dye colors, man, the possibilities are limited only by one's imagination.

To the op... Let your daughter make her own choices. Do you tell her how to wear her hair?

To the issue as to whether this thread is misogynist... I think there are some posts that might be crossing the line... But others that defend women's right to make their own choices. Regardless, no one is telling anyone else what they must do... Just their preferences on grooming. I personally don't care if er.org members approve of my grooming choices, how I wear my hair in my head or elsewhere... It's my choice and my husband has made no complaints (out loud, lol.)

There is a lot of oversharing on this thread for my personal taste... But from what I can tell it doesn't violate the terms of service... Folks can draw their own conclusion as to whether some of the posts violate good taste. I am trying my hardest to "unsee" some of the descriptions here... That's the problem with oversharing.

Isn't whether someone shaves or not (be they male or female) that person's own personal business? There is a lot of misogyny on this thread.

Of course it's their own business. But unless you are blind or honestly don't care what anyone else looks like, you are going to notice their appearance. Like it our not, people are going to judge you by the clothes you wear, the way you have your hair styled, how you do your makeup, the jewelry you wear, etc. If we're not supposed to notice, why make the effort?

I'm a man, so I mentioned something I notice about women. If I were a woman, I might have stated a preference for bald men, or beards vs no beard. If I were gay or lesbian I might mention something I notice about the same sex. That's not degrading, prejudiced, or discriminatory? It's just observation and having an opinion. We're all attracted to different things. There's no right or wrong answer.

Less hair the better anywhere on a woman IMO. Armpit hair grosses me out on anyone and I(a guy) shave mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom