Women with Hairy Legs and Armpits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - you are a bit narrow minded. All those poor ladies who had to shave for what - the last 50 years? to meet modern “cultural norms”.

People do what they want to achieve the "look" they want. Clothes, hair styles, length of finger nails, beard/ no beard, hairy or shaved legs, make-up, hairy or shaved pits, etc., etc. The degree to which they chose to fit into "cultural norms" is up to them.

I really don't see the difference between liking the looks of a woman with in-shape legs wearing an above-the-knee skirt vs wearing a pair of baggy overalls and preferring to see a woman with hairy pits over shaved pits. It's all about appearances and style and personal taste........ and concern about fitting into cultural norms.

Ditto for men. Naval length beard vs clean shaven? Business suit vs casual Friday wear? Cultural norms do a lot to make some aspects of dressing and grooming a pita for men too........

Last edited:
Ironically, I prefer a little hair in "less visible" areas. I don't want to feel like I'm with a little girl. Like a man's beard, it's all about grooming. I wouldn't want a wild jungle there either. :)

Yeah, same here. Definitely not into the "wild jungle", but no hair at all is almost as unappealing to me. That does seem to be all the rage among the 30-somethings and younger, though. I even dated one woman who'd had it all permanently removed with laser treatments. Ouch! :eek:

As far as hair on legs and armpits, I've not been intimately involved with anyone who let those areas grow wild and free, which is great since I don't find that particularly attractive.

Used to golf with this girl, and when she'd tee up her ball, you could see her bush from both sides of her legs.

Man, that was one hairy woman.

Yes, I don't find it attractive at all when I see women with hairy pits, legs, and umm those other areas (a runway strip is ok though).

I think it is all good, as long as it is "Your Wife"! As I get older and my eyesight gets worse my YW has constructed a "landing strip" to avoid confusion!

No thanks. Looks unattractive to me. And if I saw it over here (in the US), it would probably be a sign she's a feminist, and that's a no-go.

Last edited:
There was a girl in my field geology class that had hairy legs. I thought she was red hot and I wanted her because she dared to be different.

I know guys that swim a lot that shave their body (except on their head). I know a lot of cyclists that shave their legs. Me personally, I shave my underarms and my wife shaves the hair off my chest to see better muscle tone. Any hair on my back gets taken off also for the same reason. I don't see the big deal.

I'm OK with men shaving legs or bodies, it's just not something I would do. Unfortunately, I have so many skin tags in my arm pits that shaving there would simply not be possible. Even routine trimming is an adventure. I have NO muscle tone to be showing off. A hairless fat guy doesn't look any better than a furry fat guy. :)

Yes - you are a bit narrow minded. All those poor ladies who had to shave for what - the last 50 years? to meet modern “cultural norms”.

Guilty as charged. I'm old and set in my ways. I would never treat a person differently based on their appearance, but that doesn't mean I have to like it myself.

As for those "poor ladies" having to comply with cultural norms, I've been shaving every day for 40 years and no one ever felt sorry for me. :)

I'm OK with men shaving legs or bodies, it's just not something I would do. Unfortunately, I have so many skin tags in my arm pits that shaving there would simply not be possible. Even routine trimming is an adventure. I have NO muscle tone to be showing off. A hairless fat guy doesn't look any better than a furry fat guy. :)

Yeah, but shade in the summer and warmth in the winter can be attractive to some women as well!

Yeah, but shade in the summer and warmth in the winter can be attractive to some women as well!

Does that apply to 'fat guys' or 'females not shaving'? :confused:

Yeah, same here. Definitely not into the "wild jungle", but no hair at all is almost as unappealing to me. That does seem to be all the rage among the 30-somethings and younger, though. I even dated one woman who'd had it all permanently removed with laser treatments. Ouch!

Let's just say a "wild jungle" tends to get in the way. Similarly a "man jungle" can make objects appear smaller. :)

My wife talked once about getting a full wax "down there". I'm like "what, are you crazy"? You want someone to apply hot wax to your genitals and RIP your hair out! Talk about complying with cultural norms. Then there was the whole looking like a little girl thing. No thanks.

You shave everyday and you're retired? Dude..... :blink:

I'm still about five years from retirement, but yeah, I'll probably keep shaving every day. I grew a beard once about 20 years ago, not my thing. I always felt dirty. My wife liked me with a beard, but I prefer to be clean shaven.

I'm still about five years from retirement, but yeah, I'll probably keep shaving every day. I grew a beard once about 20 years ago, not my thing. I always felt dirty. My wife liked me with a beard, but I prefer to be clean shaven.

2 days a week for me in retirement and on special occasions.
One of the minor perks of retirement.:D

At the risk of appearing chauvinistic, what man actually looks at the hair under a woman's arms? I am too busy looking at other more interesting parts of their anatomy. :)

How do you feel about women with hairy legs and arm pits? It seems like a lot of ladies in the younger generation (my daughter included) let their hair grow out, only shaving for special occasions. The younger men don't seem to mind, but I guess I'm stuck in my old ways and it kind of grosses me out. Hairy legs and pits seem more "masculine" to me, but I realize that's because of my own prejudices and cultural upbringing. Still, as someone who shaves their face every single day it seems kind of lazy to me to just let it all grow out.

Sheesh, I feel more narrow minded every day... :)
This is straight out of my younger life. I have no problem with hair, in fact I kind of like woman hair wherever it may be.

Ha

I can't believe this thread. Isn't whether someone shaves or not (be they male or female) that person's own personal business? There is a lot of misogyny on this thread.

I can't believe this thread. Isn't whether someone shaves or not (be they male or female) that person's own personal business? There is a lot of misogyny on this thread.

I’m sure the posters themselves are all fastidiously groomed and swell-looking and so are entitled to critique the opposite sex’s appearance.

We have officially run out of "other topics." :LOL:

Nice diversion from the usual serious business of financial planning. I can’t stand armpit hair and hairy legs. As for down there on a woman, keeping the brush clear in a certain area is helpful but clearing the whole garden isn’t necessary just a bit of a trim.

As for down there on a woman, keeping the brush clear in a certain area is helpful but clearing the whole garden isn’t necessary just a bit of a trim.

Yes, on my second trip to Iceland I cut it back some. When in Rome....:)

My wife hasn't shaved her legs since we met back in 1995. Fortunately she doesn't have to as she is asian. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom