Your weight now versus at age 20

No idea what I weighed at 20...(who could afford scales?).....around 175 or so now.

DW says she was 98 lbs at age 20....now, approaching 67, she's ballooned up to around 100/101.......(I accuse her of leaving footprints in the pavement).

I was 6', she's still about 5'1".

See, that's the problem right there. It's not that we're getting heavier, it's that we're getting shorter.

When I was in my 20s, I read somewhere that the average height of an American male was 5' 10 ⅝" which is exactly what I was. Over the last half century I've lost most of an inch, which is terribly annoying.

REWahoo seems to have the right idea. Measure your weight in stone (and I would add measure your height in cubits).

So I'm nearly 4 cubits tall and nearly 13 stone.

If anyone else would like to play, a cubit is usually defined as 45.72 centimeters (18 inches) and a stone is 6.35 kilograms (14 pounds).

Here's a nice conversion resource: Kyle's Converter

weight

@street
I'm with you. I also do the intermittent fasting usually only 1-2 week (snack at 6.30 pm, nothing until lunch at 11.30-12, 1-2x per week. just enough to dabble)

I was 185-190 in HS. Had a couple of rowdy partying years where I ballooned to 230-250, but always came back. I discovered exercise in high school and have been exercising nearly daily since 1981. 6' 4", 175 LBS now. Using a weight program to put on 10 LBS solid muscle so I end at 185 with my current body fat %. Fat wise, I'm considered 5LB underweight (i.e. putting on 5 lbs fat would give a slight healthier profile for some reason??)

No idea what I weighed at 20...(who could afford scales?).....around 175 or so now.

DW says she was 98 lbs at age 20....now, approaching 67, she's ballooned up to around 100/101.......(I accuse her of leaving footprints in the pavement).

I was 6', she's still about 5'1".

98 lbs at 5'1" -> BMI of 18.5

101 lbs at 5'1" -> BMI of 19.1 :nonono:

A diet change is needed.

98 lbs at 5'1" -> BMI of 18.5

101 lbs at 5'1" -> BMI of 19.1 :nonono:

A diet change is needed.

That's why I keep shouting "Look out, wide load" when we're out. :LOL:

At 20 I was an athletic 6'6" and 215lbs

At 59 I am an unathletic 6'5" 245lbs

I've lost 15 lbs since I retired June 1st 2018 which I expected because I gained 25lbs within a few months at the age of 25 when I got my first desk job with megacorp.

Last edited:
No idea what I weighed at 20 but have lost a *lot* of weight over the last few years, and even when I hit the 170-175 range my conclusion was "Nope, not there yet." So did I weigh like 150 in high school/college? No idea.

Here is a photo of me in high school that an old girlfriend dug up from a band trip. Either Junior or Senior here, so 17-18 years old. A lot skinnier than I remember being...

ZT2EW72.jpg

About 160lbs at 20, now at 61 I'm pushing 170. I like to think the gain is mostly muscle. :popcorn

High school weight senior year 150#
Today 6'1" weight varies 170 (summer) to 185 (winter).

I gotta six-pack (or two). No worries here

Edit: reread the OP post. No I Didn't graduate HS in my twenties.

No. No sir. Graduated HS at the tender age of seventeen... [insert four Yorkshire men skit here(John Cleese, Marty Feldman version]

Last edited:
When I graduated high school ('74) I was 6' tall and a scrawny 140 lbs. By the time I graduated college I was about 185. I felt fat, but was actually about perfect. Beer, pizza and lack of physical activity was the issue. Then while working I got up to as high as 263. My butt was spreading to fill my ergonomically correct chair. After discovering intermittent fasting and LCHF eating last year I'm back down to 202, with an eventual goal of about 195. I suspect I'll be dead for a couple of years before I get back to my high school weight.

I was 135# coming out of high school, a bit on the skinny side. Now I am about 200. Ideally, I'd be about 180. One of my retirement goals.

5'7" and low 140's when I was 20...I remember losing a few pounds to get to the 139 pound class for arm wrestling. Now 57 and 165 but with a lot more muscle.

^ interesting history. I actually am at this time, right at my weight I was at around 20. I'm 170# now with the great help of intermittent fasting routine I'm doing. It really has made a big difference for me, health wise.
I thank the people here that introduced the health benefits from fasting method.

^ interesting history. I actually am at this time, right at my weight I was at around 20. I'm 170# now with the great help of intermittent fasting routine I'm doing. It really has made a big difference for me, health wise.
I thank the people here that introduced the health benefits from fasting method.

I'm fortunate (so far) that I don't have to work very hard to maintain my weight...I mostly eat healthy and if I go up a few pounds I just have to cut back a little and I'm back to where I need to be.

I was very underweight by my Senior year 5'8 at a whopping 125 lbs. A trip through the Army and quitting smoking fixed all that. Left the Army at 145 lbs, in my mid 20's, then quit smoking in my early 30's. Currently at 157 lbs. Its a good weight for me although I still carry a bit more fat in my middle than I would like even though I run 3 miles a day and hit the gym in between. Probably those craft beers I like to drink.... but that's another story. :angel:

Up 20 pounds. I was burning a trillion calories at that age on the BB court. Now have transitioned to more muscle mass for my later years.

I don't remember what I weighed at 20 yrs but at 6'1" it was probably around 165 with a concave abdomen. At 70 it was up to 225+ but in the past year I was able to lose a few pounds. Today's scale says 192.9 and I am really happy with that. I will round that number to 192 but tomorrow it could be higher due to water weight or a high atmospheric pressure system . At least that is what I will tell myself. Unfortunately my abdomen is no longer concave. Not sure what to do about that.

Cheers!

6' 6"

Age 20 -- 180#
Age 65 -- 230# (+50)

Exercise three times a week and run several miles on the weekend. Have gotten down to 205 at various times in the past 10 years but that's the limit and am finding it harder and harder to lose weight probably since drink a little too much wine and have a wicked sweet tooth. BP, lipids, and A1C all excellent. Go figure (or is that "Go, figure"?)

6' 0"
Age 20 -- 185 pounds
Age 60 -- 170 pounds

More muscle mass at age 20 (probably). :)

Back
Top Bottom