Your weight now versus at age 20

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
When I was out of high school a few yeas my weight was 172 lbs. Today I'm at 174 pounds. I do the intermittent fasting and can keep my weight fairly close to my college days.

How do you fair in your weight now verses in high school or early college days?

I’m proud to say that I finally lost the middle aged post menopause 25 extra lbs in fall 2018 and am now maintaining at 122 lbs, close if not lower than my high school weight. It feels good.

245 vs. 190. That's been a lot of muscle added.

I weigh about the same. But I had already completed the first of what would be many weight-loss journeys, and spent most of the intervening years weighing 40-75 lbs more than I did at 20 and that I do now. Lost the first 35 lbs 10 years ago and the rest last year. Fingers crossed. [emoji1]

About 132 at graduation from HS, 162 now. Height is 5'9". For a very long time (20 years?) my job required a minimum weight of 145 and I just barely made that when hired at age 22. I'm more comfortable at 145-150ish and would prefer to be there. But my doc says I'm fine as is so I don't stress about it.

DW and I were just talking about this the other day. She says she is about 10 lbs. over her college weight, which I thought was pretty good. I weighed roughly 145 (give or take a few pounds) through most of my college years, and now I am around 152 (some 42 years later), so pretty close also. I was up to about 172 at my highest (right before retirement), and since then I have eaten a healthier diet and also exercised more, which has helped take the extra weight off and add a little muscle.

165 at 20, 210 at 76. However, I was on a track scholarship and was running 17 miles a day 5 day a week from September to February, then less from February to May. Not sure I could get down to than, and I really don't want to. Have been as low as 175-185, but 195 is what I shoot for.

140# then and now at 50. 10# less when I am stressed, 5# more when I work out more regularly.

18 years old--170 lbs. and heading for college
18.5 years old--210 lbs. after all the late night meals and all the food we could eat in the dormatory cafeteria.
23 years old--220 lbs.
69 years old--235 lbs. and 6'3 with size 15 shoes. Big boned.

I didn’t eat much as a kid and graduated high school at about 5’ 8” 125#. By wedding a couple years later was up to 150#. By my 40’s I was up to my max of 225#. By early 50’s I was better under control and have been holding at about 185#. About a month ago I was over 190#. Now I’m back at 185# and trying to get under 180#. My goal is 175#. My BMI suggests I should be between 130# and 160#, but that’s a bit light for me.

I'm about 30 lbs heavier now than when I was 20 years old.

You are most likely to get responses of those who have maintained somewhere around the same weight. Those who have doubled or come close to it, aren't going to share.

And those who have maintained their weight, the majority have won the genetic lottery. Look around, it's not a nice sight to see and it's only getting worse.

180 at 18. 190 at 20. Have been as high as 210 several times and low as 165 three years ago when I combined a strict paleo diet with marathon training. Almost killed me. Now at a comfortable 190-195. I like to think that the extra weight is all muscle, but it probably isn’t.

Last edited:
was 90 lbs in early HS, due to abusive BF and anorexia. Never want to go there again.

Height wise, "should" be about 130. Gained weight during early menopause, have gained and lost the same 30-40 lbs for years. Finally stopped worrying about it. Feel healthy, eat pretty good, goal is to walk daily, but always work at getting better at it.
Best thing, DH and I are happy with our lives where we are, and mental health is equally important to me.

Weight at end of HS about 145 lb. Distance runner. 5 10. Weight now 165 lb. Peak weight 180 lb. Lowest adult weight 125 lb after 4 months working in Africa.

I weigh about 30 pounds more than when I graduated from high school. I'm 145 lbs and almost 6 ft tall.

145 at HS graduation (17 years old), 145 all four years in Air Force, went up to 149 - 155 when working and running long distance - mid 30's (training for a marathon).

Married at 33 and had two daughters, stressful job, new house, etc and weight went into the 180's.

20 years later, back to 160 and running again (short lived vision of a marathon). By 65, one hip replaced and weight fluctuates between 200 - 210 today at 75.

I'm not a skinny 5' 11" kid anymore.

I like where I am now, with a BMI of less than 24. I was way too skinny in college.

But let me tell y'all a story.

A woman saw her husband on the bathroom scale, sucking in his stomach.

She could not help commenting: "Hah, that's not going to help".

Her husband replied: "Sure it does. How else can I see the numbers on the dial?"

+25 and way too much around the waist.

:dance: :angel:

heh heh heh - And I was higher once in a while over the decades. ;)

IIRC, I was around 160 my first year in college and bloomed to 185 by year 3. Now I keep it at 160-165. A low carb diet and intermittent fasting make that fairly easy. What I'd really like is to put on 10 lbs of muscle, but either genetics or hormones make that difficult.

Back
Top Bottom