Amazon Prime Day

Prime Day = Gingnormous warehouse sale. Warehouse = Amazon and any 3rd party seller.

Great if you are looking for Amazon branded stuff, otherwise, a big yawn.

- Rita

I went on the site and it gave me a stomach ache with the clock ticking on thousands and thousands of deals. We don't really need anything so we would be impulse buying. Plus we are going out of town this week and I thought, great, I'll order something and it won't be delivered until we are away. Nevertheless, I put a couple of things in my "cart" while I continued looking and by the time I got back to it (not even five minutes later) the deals on them were over. Then I realized I would have saved maybe a whole $20 on something I didn't even need and came to my senses.

Amazon must know what it's doing--sales were up 60 percent over last year, it looks like: Amazon Prime Day breaks record; sales grew by more than 60 percent

I bought an Echo Dot on Prime Day and received it last week. I think it will be handy but a funny thing just happened... I have the CBS morning show on and they are doing ap piece on a robot in the form of a cheetah being developed at MIT and as part of the piece the audio says "Alexa, open Cheetah"... and my Alexa responds "I'm not quite sure how to help you with that". :D

DD uses Echo and I like to tell Alexa to put things like diamond earrings on her shopping list.

I went on the site and it gave me a stomach ache with the clock ticking on thousands and thousands of deals. We don't really need anything so we would be impulse buying.

I felt that way too!!! I couldn't find anything that I wanted. I looked and looked, and it was SO depressing.

Out of sheer luck, I then went to my list of things that I intended to buy soon (I keep an informal set of "wishlist" links in my browser favorites). Basically I need some more lingerie and had linked to the brand and size that I wanted. When I went to the link, I saw that the items were 30% off of an already unusually low price, which made them 50% off the usual price. Can't beat that with a stick, so I ordered them.

Then, when checking out I noticed that they would give me $5 off my next Amazon Pantry order, if I selected the slow shipping speed. So I did that, which effectively makes the price 61% off. Delivery will be Wednesday. :dance:

I felt that way too!!! I couldn't find anything that I wanted. I looked and looked, and it was SO depressing.

Out of sheer luck, I then went to my list of things that I intended to buy soon (I keep an informal set of "wishlist" links in my browser favorites). Basically I need some more lingerie and had linked to the brand and size that I wanted. When I went to the link, I saw that the items were 30% off of an already unusually low price, which made them 50% off the usual price. Can't beat that with a stick, so I ordered them.

Then, when checking out I noticed that they would give me $5 off my next Amazon Pantry order, if I selected the slow shipping speed. So I did that, which effectively makes the price 61% off. Delivery will be Wednesday. :dance:

I wonder if Frank would have fronted up the $5 to have that lingerie delivered a couple days sooner. :D

Back
Top Bottom