Amazon Prime Day

Ready

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm not a big fan of these sales blitzes, but I had been thinking about buying an Amazon Echo for a while, and at half price it seems like a pretty good deal, so I snagged one.

Other than that, it seems there are just thousands of random things on sale. So much that I'm not sure how to sort through it all.

Has anyone found anything worth buying? The sale just started 30 minutes ago, and I believe goes through tomorrow.

Anything good? I thought about maybe getting a large flash drive on the cheap, but recently had to cough up some dough (beggars can't be choosers) ended up buying a couple of flash drives already from Best Buy.

Wow, that was disappointing. I browsed through the first page of deals, not seeing anything I wanted, and noticed that the router I bought in April was on sale. I looked to see how much I would have saved - - - and is $20 more expensive now than it was back then. That's not too inspiring. :( I'll keep looking, though. Maybe I'll find something.

Do not have Prime so I have not bought anything...

Gee um, thanks for letting us know. :rolleyes:

I've always found Prime Day deals underwhelming, the Black Friday stuff has usually been better. Lots of hype with this one.

Amazon Prime Day is back!

Yippee! Just scored a three-pack of the Fire HD 8 (32 gig) tablets for $225.24 total including tax. :dance:

New ones for me & DW & DD - all our tablets are old with failing batteries and too small memory.

Yesterday this would have cost about $350 so it's a great discount. This three pack deal is good for 5 hours according to the web site.

I have just a few other items on my "Wish List' that I will keep an eye on.

I love getting a deal!

I'm not much of an Amazon fan but I thought I would skim through some of the "deals." Prettier marketing than the bargain basement pages of last year but nothing I saw that would motivate me to whip out the credit card. What else are people buying?

Skimmed some of the "deals" but found nothing worth buying. Prettier marketing than last year.

Seems like the best thing is to keep a good wish list and then look to see if anything on it has gone on sale. Nothing on mine has. I also skipped the first few pages of deals and saw nothing of interest to me.

just saw that 23 and me dna testing is $99. This is the best price I have seen for the health and ancestry test. I just paid $179 recently. Highly recommend it. lots of interesting information.

The 23andme test sounds interesting, but after reading some of the negative reviews it sounds like it might not be valid. Some people who ordered through Amazon were not able to register their test. 23andme says they don't stand behind it unless they are the direct seller and the Amazon deal is through Woot.

I bought an Echo (50% off) to replace the Echo Dot at the vacation home. I'll move the Dot to our bedroom at the main house. I also snagged a Keurig with 40 coffee pods for $68. I've been thinking about giving a Keurig a try and the price was right, so why not?

Just now I hit the button on a Roomba. I'm sure DH will roll his eyes when it shows up on the doorstep, but since neither one of us is diligent with the vacuuming it probably will be a nice addition to the household.

One of the things I'm finding as I get older is I'm less interested in sales events like this.

Funny how retailers always talk about how much I can "save" when what they really want me to do is "spend." Saving is defined as NOT spending.

When I need (or want) something, I generally know, or find out, how to get the best value for my money. I think I "save" far more that way than chasing so-called bargains.

That said, if something I was going to buy anyway goes on sale, I'm there. I bought all my kitchen appliances at the annual 40% off sale, even though I still hadn't even started the renovation yet. Of course, I'd already priced everything out, from several different retailers, and done quite a bit of research on product quality.

I'm in need of a new laptop, so I've been waiting to check out Prime Day and following Wirecutter's analysis of the best deals.

There's an ASUS ZenBook for $630 (regular $700 with prime, $750 without) that looks pretty good. Still doing some checking on other sites to see if anyone wants to price match for a similar system, but I think I'll probably go for this one.

I agree that many of the 'savings' are for stuff I never knew I needed until I saw the ad. :)

I have made two purchases today from Amazon.
One was for shoe inserts I have been wanting to try - $5 off coupon effectively giving me a 38% discount. The other was a good deal on a small Victorinox knife I have been wanting - 20% cash back on my Amazon card.

Other than that, I will save by not spending on impulse items.

Got an Echo for the kitchen. I had to re-signup for Prime to do it.

Did a few checks today. Unimpressed. Didn't even come close to buying anything.

I took a look and there are three items that interest me. However, I have spent more than I planned to in the last few months. These items are wants, not needs, and I decided I didn't want them enough to buy them.

I also bought an Echo. My mother has one and I've been wanting one for awhile. A week or two ago they had a one-day sale for $50 off but $90 off is a steal.

Wow, that was disappointing. I browsed through the first page of deals, not seeing anything I wanted, and noticed that the router I bought in April was on sale. I looked to see how much I would have saved - - - and is $20 more expensive now than it was back then. That's not too inspiring. :( I'll keep looking, though. Maybe I'll find something.

Just now I bought some lingerie items at 30% off, and also batteries. I think I got really good prices, since the prices on the lingerie were lower than usual even before the Amazon discounts. It took some time and aggravation to find a deal, but I'm glad I didn't give up looking for a bargain on something I wanted.

OK I had to google what this was all about. I dont think we need anything but, I saw If you dont have prime you can still get the sale anyway just by trying the no obligation trial.

A lot of Amazon prices are already marked down off "retail" price. What's funny is checking this "Sale" price vs what it was yesterday. Turns out, for things I watched prices on, not a lot. One item, retailed for $20, I bought before this sale at $11.17... was on sale at $11.11.. prime day would have saved me $0.06 !!!

I just bought a router from Verizon. I have had their router for several years as a rental.
Tried to look at Amazon for a deal but could not determine what works with what.
And, like the sheets discussion, there were 30 dollar items and $175 routers and I don't know which or what they do. So, I got the one from Verizon. Now if I can get my bill corrected for the rental I will be golden. The one I have is listed as discontinued-they don't even want it mailed back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom