Thoughts On Aging

shorttimer said:
I told my husband the other day I can't figure out how I ended up married to such an old man.
My spouse says that old men are more valuable.

She knows that she could turn me in today for a couple of 23-year-olds, but if I live for another 23 years then she could turn me in for three 23-year-olds.  And if I live to be 92, well, hey, then maybe all her fantasies will be realized.

Apparently, though, this gender rebate doesn't work from the other side.  Every time we go to the beach I keep pointing out candidates worthy of my further consideration but she says they just wouldn't work out...

My wife dosnt worry about me chasing young women.She says We have a dog that chases cars but cant drive!

dmpi said:
I say good genes are the ticket. I swear some people age at about 2/3 the rate of everyone else. . .
I think it's just the quality of their sunscreen. :LOL:

sgeeeee said:
I think it's just the quality of their sunscreen.   :LOL:

My pet theory is there are three aging genes and a very small part of the population is missing one of them, so the age exactly 2/3 the speed of everyone else.

The best thing about aging is now i got all this great maturity and deep emotional insight.

yeah right

I was out to dinner with a group the other night and we got to discussing our ages. I had always assumed the guy next to we was
in his 80s. Turns out he is 68! I am 62. Yikes! I always say I wish I felt as good as I look. Meant as a joke but true in a way.

JG

boont said:
I always seem to be the only man at these things. Over 150 women and six men by my count this time. Was the same with Francis Mayes who wrote "Under the Tuscan Sun" and Elaine Bronco (the shrink on the Sopranos).

Also, own your flaws. Don't let anyone else use them against you. If you get to them first they will be out of luck.

boont

I think you meant Lorraine Bracco (sp?). I always thought she was hot!
So did Tony S. In real life she went through a bankruptcy
('The Sopranos' fixed that problem for her) and made some very questionable spousal selections (I believe she is on her 3rd).

I "own my flaws" and by that measure I am a very rich man. :)

JG

Old is ten years older than I am

Someone said that and so far it has been true, for me. I have gotten more philosophical as I age, there is so much I have no power over such as politics, prices, wars, people's attitudes, weather so forth and so on. I just take life as it comes enjoy what I can and leave the rest to others. I have a sister who rants and raves about almost anything. She has been packing and repacking for a trip for the last two days and getting more and more upset because she can't fit everything. I don't see that it does her any good as most of the things she gets upset about never happen. I just let her do her thing and ignore her rages as they are not directed to me anyway, she knows better.

The mirror is for making sure I don't scare little kids and I haven't buttoned my blouse funny or something weird like that. I am amused at the grey haired old lady staring back at me with all these scars and bruises, but at least I recognize her :D

Kitty

To quote that famous senior golfer and philosopher ChiChi Rodriguez

"The older I get the better I used to be"

2soon

At Angeles City (the old Clark US Air Force) I talked to an 89 year old Australian guy that was still getting out to the bars and "dating" filipina ladies. He loved to have his picture taken with his honey ko's to show his buddies back home.

Sure gives me hope...

Lance

We have a family friend who is 89, looks MANY years younger, also acts much younger. His mind is as sharp as a razor blade!!!

After his wife passed away several years ago, he decided to sell his house....said it was just too big for one person. He moved into to an apartment in a very nice, upscale, senior complex. Most of his neighbors were much younger than he was.....you know, 60's....70's.....just kids! ;)

He lived there for about a year or less.....decided he wanted a house instead. The guy is VERY well off financially....always has been. Instead of going out and buying a new (or newer) house, he bought a fixer-upper.....that needed ALOT of fixing-upping...about 3 years ago!!! He decided it would be a nice little project for him. He did ALL the work himself. Tore out the old plaster, hung new dry wall, painted, plumbed, rewired, yada-yada-yada.....

He fell off his step ladder one night while painting in the hallway. He said he was sore for a few days, and knew he shouldn't have been up on that ladder.......He said he knew he should have used his "good" step ladder instead, but didn't want to get paint on it! :LOL:

The house is all remodeled and he is happy.

I want to be like him when I reach his age......in 40 more years!!! :cool:

Who would have thought we would ever get to this point.

Yesterday I bought a cup of coffee at the Dunkin Donuts in Middletown, CT. A very sharp teenage girl took my order. When i watched the cash register transaction a code something like this appeared = "-.13 senr disc"

ohmygod it happened - my first ever senior discount and i hadnt asked.for it Must have looked pretty old to her (i'm 58 and at least feel young :confused:). Anyway i congratulated her on being "my first', and she laughed, as did I. Had to happen sometime!

Man, I can relate to getting the senior discount for the "first time."

I'm 59 but with strikingly white hair, so folks (mostly teenagers) have been giving me the discount on their own volition on occasion for some years. We just moved to a new city, though, that has "senior citizen" movie discounts at 55. So, this past Saturday I asked for and received the first "official" discount...

Stranger feeling even than having been given it without asking for it.

Hmmm

10%(age 62 and over) discount at one of my favorite Chinese buffetts - and no I usually don't have to show my ID.

Sigh:confused:

heh heh heh - I try not to have thoughts on aging - reality is real enough.

I remember my first senior-discount-type moment. I was 35, and surfing in San Diego. Up on the beach, in my wetsuit, I'm buying something from the teenager at a food stand, and she says "You're surfing? Good for you!"

Well, I'm as old as I've ever been.

The first time that unasked-for senior discount happened to me was at Krogers. Amounted to about 20 cents or so. Funny how you don't get unasked-for-discounts when it would total real money.... Of course I took it without complaining.

Back
Top Bottom