Well....That's All Folks!!!

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Unfortunately, it was simply too cold today to roll in wearing shorts and flip flops, but I turned in my parking tag/entry ID card and with that...I AM DONE DONE DONE!!!! I did something a little strange too. I normally leave for w*rk outside of rush hour...but to make it JUST SO SWEET, I made sure to leave at the HEIGHT of rush hour...and it didn't disappoint. I wanted to experience the "misery" of traffic just one more time and I bet there are many folks out there that were wondering why in the world I was grinning ear to ear during the crappy traffic. :D Maybe every now and then I will subject myself to some rush hour to remind me of it...or maybe not!

I think it's going to take a little time for it to sink in that I'm done working...and done working at 40 years old. It's actually very surreal right now..unlike anything I have felt before.

I wish I could say that it's time to relax, but with Thanksgiving right around the corner, there are lots of things to do before the DW and I hit the road to go visit family. And like the rest of the holiday seasons, we won't even slow down until January!

OK...that's about it. I need to go change my profile and signature here as well as change my cell phone voicemail...but I am not in any hurry, don't worry about that!

Oh yes, the picture. I have a collection of "last day" pictures of when I have left j*bs (or assignments in military jargon) but this one (the LAST!!!) is the sweetest!!!

Attachments

• Departing.jpg
    Departing.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 178
Woo hoo! Congratulations!

Congratulations! Welcome to retirement and the rest of your wonderful new life. :dance::dance::dance:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :dance: :clap: :dance:

It just gets better and better from here on out. Hope you enjoy these first moments of retirement.

Congratulations - and the photo of work in the rear-view mirror would make a great avatar!

Nice.
The rear view mirror photo brings back a lot of memories (retired military here).

I'll be in Atlanta next month and will try to remember to raise a glass in a toast to your new life. Sounds like you've earned it.

Congrats sir. Love the rearview. Time for new beginnings.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

You will be as busy as you make up your mind to be. Plenty of time to savor the holidays. Even if you 're "busy". It's a happy kind of busy. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

... I wanted to experience the "misery" of traffic just one more time and I bet there are many folks out there that were wondering why in the world I was grinning ear to ear during the crappy traffic. ...
:LOL:
Having my last few years working remotely, traffic is one thing I abandoned a few years before I abandoned work. I used to get steamed when people would fly into town and we had a physical meeting I needed to attend (you mean I gotta find a pair of socks!!!)

Congratulations! This will be a very special holiday season for you.

Back
Top Bottom