what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. If the thought doesn't stop one from going skinny-dipping, I don't know what would.
Actually, what is more scary is the tiny candiru of the Amazon that can eat you from inside out. It is arguably more fearsome than the piranha.
I am telling you, I will never venture into the rain forests of South/Central America. Call me chicken, but I will not go to to the forests of Africa either.
I will NOT think about catfish teeth when I am swimming this summer. :nonono:

Save room for me in the chicken coop. bluck Bluck BLUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK

Thanks Khan that is exactly who I meant . She advised women to wrap themselves in saran wrap and surprise their husbands at the door .
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Don't give me any ideas, ladies!
I thought it was some strange weight loss thing. Remember those all silver fabric sweat suits that came out in the 70s (I think) ?

Save room for me in the chicken coop. bluck Bluck BLUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK

That is better than swimming in the gulf where it's I will not think about sharks while I'm swimming ! I have no interest in being eaten . Please sharks don't bite me .

Today, I read this thread.

Tomorrow, I won't.

I applaud you all for 'not going to work' but the rest is kinda dull.

When I brought up the candiru tiny fish that burrows itself into human orifices, and talked about the danger of tropical forests, I was thinking of various horrific parasitic worms in those places.

The Travel or Discover Channel had a hair-raising episode showing American visitors who frequented these places (in South America and Africa) and were infected. There was a worm that multiplied and burrowed right under your skin that you could see with naked eyes. There was another that ate a man's brain, which showed up on X-ray like Swiss cheese. Then, there was one that circulated through the human body, including the eyes. In fact the victims often learn they are infected when seeing them swimming in their vision.

And then, there are bacterias in seemingly clean water. In Kauai, I was about to wade through a clear water pond in front of a cave to enter it, when I saw a posted sign warning of bacteria. I would not take that seriously, if I did not beforehand learn of a story of a local AZ man who, on his honeymoon trip, fell ill and died after a hike.

Call me chicken, but these tropical paradises seem to be teeming with parasites and bacterias, while colder climates appear more sterile. Tell me if I am wrong, please.

these tropical paradises seem to be teeming with parasites and bacterias, while colder climates appear more sterile. Tell me if I am wrong, please.

I don't know if you are right or wrong. If you really want to live in a sterile environment, I'll sell you my house. For six or seven months of the year it's below freezing but don't worry, it's never been colder than 65 below.

Got up at 6:30 am. I had forgotten there WAS a 6:30 am.

Got dressed, walked the dogs, went to court in fabulous Fairfax County VA. DD was being sued by her ex-boyfriend (father of DGD) for rent she supposedly never paid while they were living together and she was preggo. He never said a word about it until he was $5600 behind in child support, then it was, oh yeah! You owe me $5575. So we get to court (DW and I were witnesses), and he gives his story to the judge. She paid one month rent, got pregnant and never paid another cent. When it was her turn, she pulls out a check register of his, in his handwriting, showing deposits for 1/2 the rent from her for many of the months he's claiming she didn't pay. It was in a box of her stuff, when she was looking for records. The judge basically tells him he's an idiot, and finds for DD. :D:D

We haven't had too much luck or fun with the legal system recently, so this was a breath of fresh air. DW even got to testify as to what an a-hole he is, which didn't matter in the case, but makes her feel a whole lot better. :ROFLMAO:

Almost worth getting up at such an ungodly hour. ;)

Went out for a pretty challenging sail. Brisk winds, six foot seas, strong current. But everyone had a good time and was safe, which are my two goals. I'm really beat. I wonder how much longer I'll be able to do this kind of stuff.

Slept like a rock until 8:15 this morning. Cool last night so good sleeping weather. Played golf at 10:00 and had a good day.:) Then went to a discount shoe store and bought a nice pair of leather sandals. These buggers sure feel good. Bought a new pair of Reebok running shoes too.(I only run to the refrig for a cold med) So spent a little money, but both were on sale.

About time to go get the mutt at mom's house. Take her for a walk and come home for a light dinner. Probably just a slim fast shake.

Went out for a pretty challenging sail. Brisk winds, six foot seas, strong current. But everyone had a good time and was safe, which are my two goals. I'm really beat. I wonder how much longer I'll be able to do this kind of stuff.

Congrats on your 1,000th post! You win nothing.

Congrats on your 1,000th post! You win nothing.

Hey, wow! I had no idea. I should at least have one of those obnoxious popups telling me I'm the millionth visitor. And winning nothing still outperforms the market.

Tried to keep up with the young folks and exercise my brain by learning to use twitter. Crap, I'm old.

I had all good intentions of getting outside to prep a flower box for painting and maybe rake a few flat plastered down oak leaves up, but 30 degree temps and wind brought that to a screeching halt.
Tomorrow is forecasts in the 40s, then mid 50s on Wed. :cool: Look out yardw*rk, here I come. I have to lose a few pounds to offset the inevitable 5 lbs I will put on when...<segue>
I went online to Princess and printed out the shore excursions brochure. So many choices. It's starting to get real. Less than 120 days til the big cruise! :clap:

Went on an interview to Massage Envy.....had a great conversation with the owner....but nothing can be done until I have 500 hours.
Came home, kinda bummed.
Had school....review for mega test next Monday.

Midday report...:LOL:
Laundry, making pot roast, researched grapevine support and bird/rodent protection systems, blew off reminder to do final data check for tax returns :D, listening to tunes from digital cable stations...whew I'm tired.
I better take it easy all afternoon. :whistle:

The housekeeper was here. Spent two hours making the place look more like a house and less like a bear cave.

Drove up to the city of Würzburg and poked around for the afternoon. It's about a 35 minute drive from where we are staying in Germany this year. Very cool town. Wonderful architecture and full of great shops.

Würzburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are a couple shots I took. Photo 1 was taken from the hilltop fortress seen in photo 2.

img_799621_0_a76d70e5646b37ae89aae40dc77af6cc.jpg

img_799621_1_5227130ee24032807e7c4edb0118eeb4.jpg

praktikum.html

Yesterday......I pulled out an old putter I bought back in the early 80's, got the pro to change the grip and went out and played 27 holes of golf. Putted better than I had in a long time. Funny how a change like that can affect a person's game when in reality, it's just the stroke itself that makes the difference. Not the club. The old confidence factor. It will probably feel like a shovel next time I play.

And who knows when I will get to play again. Suppose to rain the rest of the week.:'(

Great bike ride yesterday. I'll post more pictures somewhere else.

img_799947_0_2d9969c6a03aa5ce807e594274f8d6ab.jpg

img_799947_1_23d841a9a57a40e759476db7269c862d.jpg

img_799947_2_bf26f1e88cd5865ecb44b4e9e140cfe2.jpg

Worked my contract job for six hours today. Eight days down, two to go. *sigh*

Watched Oprah about housewives who discover
they are Lesbians. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom