What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the San Diego wild animal park today and walked about 6 miles according to my phone. Saw the very adorable baby tigers. IMG_20171013_103320491.jpg

Paid $600 to have my aerobic septic system pumped. Parting words from the owner/operator as he took my payment: "That might smell like sh!t to you but it smells like money to me!"

That doesn't sound like any fun at all! :yuk: Sometimes I am so glad that my house is hooked up to city water and sewers.

Had a nice afternoon doing a lot of things around the house that were more fun than smelling sewage.... :D

Angel Flight

We flew a breast cancer survivor home after her appointments. She was a very sweet lady, and gave us a beautiful "Thank You" note which I have attached. It brought tears to my eyes and DW's

Attachments

• holly.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 50
DW went out to dinner with a friend so I took the opportunity to relocate my treadmill to the basement for the winter. It is heavy dangerous work (the stairs down are steep) and I like doing it when I am alone (she, bless her, hovers around me if I do it when she is home and that distracts me).

I rigged up a couple of 2x4@8' with duct tape to act as runners and slid it down the stairs. At the bottom I used my movers dolly again to move it into place. Of course, the *^*&* thing wouldn't work when I got it set up and plugged in but I have been down that road before. Taking off the motor hood (8 screws) revealed two of the electrical connectors had come loose. Pushed them back on and then put the hood and the 8 screws back in place.

Cleaned up all the bits and pieces and swept up and was finished about 10 minutes before she got home. She hasn't noticed yet that I did it and there will be some pointed fingers and angry-ish words when she does. Still, better to be safe doing it and then get forgiveness than go the other route.

2 rounds of pour-over coffee after breakfast. Absolutely delicious. Just recently became a coffee drinker. Didn't touch the stuff while w*rking. Now have the time to prepare and enjoy. I find the prep process of weighing beans, grinding and the pour-over process itself engaging yet relaxing.

Eating out, probably ethnic & spicy. Church in the evening.

I woke up when my tooth exploded in a burst of pain! The other day the dentist asked multiple times if I hot/cold sensitivity; I didn't. Till now. Breathing is causing it to feel like a raw nerve is exposed to ice!

Called the emergency number and suggested anything stronger than 800mg ibuprofen. Never got a call back! I'm dying.

I finally went a pick up some mmj that cancer patients use. It's 1:1 thc to cbd and isn't supposed to be mind altering. I used enough to dose a small pony; the only thing I could feel was my tooth throbbing!

Finally got a phone call around 2pm. Docs out of town doesn't know what he can call in. I finally got a script for tramadol, DW picked it up. I don't feel any pain.

Nine AM Monday I'm in his chair. I assume the cold reaction means my very first root canal. Guess that includes a new crown too.

Turned 20 lb of plum tomatoes, six heads of garlic and a big bunch of fresh rosemary and thyme from the garden into 12 one-pint Ball jars full of roasted tomato sauce.

Turned 20 lb of plum tomatoes, six heads of garlic and a big bunch of fresh rosemary and thyme from the garden into 12 one-pint Ball jars full of roasted tomato sauce.

dinner at Gumby's house!!!!

Last edited:
It was over 90 F with high humidity here today.

I hand washed my car, changed the oil & filter in granddaughter's car, took my second shower of the day then settled in to watch the Astros beat the Yankees in the second game of the AL playoff.

dinner at Gumby's house!!!!

Woo-hoo!!! :dance: :D
I woke up when my tooth exploded in a burst of pain! The other day the dentist asked multiple times if I hot/cold sensitivity; I didn't. Till now. Breathing is causing it to feel like a raw nerve is exposed to ice!

Called the emergency number and suggested anything stronger than 800mg ibuprofen. Never got a call back! I'm dying.

I finally went a pick up some mmj that cancer patients use. It's 1:1 thc to cbd and isn't supposed to be mind altering. I used enough to dose a small pony; the only thing I could feel was my tooth throbbing!

Finally got a phone call around 2pm. Docs out of town doesn't know what he can call in. I finally got a script for tramadol, DW picked it up. I don't feel any pain.

Nine AM Monday I'm in his chair. I assume the cold reaction means my very first root canal. Guess that includes a new crown too.
Oh wow - - that is the worst pain ever!

I broke a corner off my front tooth somehow on Wednesday night. Thursday morning I called my dentist, who is on vacation so I can't see him until Monday either. Luckily, in my case there is no pain. At least not so far. I'll be a lot less nervous about any possible future pain, when the weekend is over.

Other activities - - Frank helped me to put air in the tires on my Venza. They are pretty new, but all four of them were at 25 pounds instead of 32. I'd attribute some of that to cooling weather, except the weather is still hot here (90F). Guess I should check them more often. Also he brought me a pint of my favorite Blue Bell ice cream, because he felt sorry for me with my broken tooth. Then later he brought me a very tender and delicious steak for dinner. We stayed up until 3 talking and having fun last night. I slept for 7 hours, awakened, and checked my portfolio which is at a new all time high.

For me, life has improved by leaps and bounds, each decade since birth.

Woo-hoo!!! :dance: :D

Oh wow - - that is the worst pain ever!

I broke a corner off my front tooth somehow on Wednesday night. Thursday morning I called my dentist, who is on vacation so I can't see him until Monday either. Luckily, in my case there is no pain. At least not so far. I'll be a lot less nervous about any possible future pain, when the weekend is over.

Wow. I didn't need to be reminded of my recent tooth blowout. It felt like I had lost the whole tooth. Luckily I got it fixed within 3 hours of it breaking off. Dentist thinks it's a temporary fix and I'll need a crown soon. But I'm chewing on the opposite side to avoid another blowout.

Hope you 2 survive Monday with little or no problems.

Wow. I didn't need to be reminded of my recent tooth blowout. It felt like I had lost the whole tooth. Luckily I got it fixed within 3 hours of it breaking off. Dentist thinks it's a temporary fix and I'll need a crown soon. But I'm chewing on the opposite side to avoid another blowout.

Sure has been a week for dental problems! I am so glad yours is fixed, at least temporarily.

Thanks.

I'm new to my dentist but I've been impressed. I spoke to a RN and she smiled when I told her my dentist's name.

I'm babying my one side right now.

^ I've found that there is less chance to break a tooth if I eat donuts instead of anything hard on the teeth.

Sounds great, where can I sign up for that diet? :LOL: Let's add vanilla ice cream to it. :D

The day I broke my tooth, all I ate was a grilled chicken salad and a Quest protein bar which doesn't appear to be very hard on the teeth either. I guess it was just destined to break.

After coffee and some computer time, I went to yoga at our downtown YMCA which is one of my favorite Saturday morning things to do. Visited my mom and dad and when I got home my DH wanted bacon and eggs, which was very tasty.

We had a rainy day here with t-storms. I visited with a friend in town and made dinner at home. We went for a walk after the rain stopped. I just finished watching Autopsy on TV. Another typical exciting day!

Gave my bike and chain a good clean & lube. I took out a small trip on Monday and it rained all day. By the end of the day the bike and I were coated in trail grit. I didn't have the energy to clean the bike after the trip, then we left Tuesday to go to the other house for a couple of days. I got her cleaned up nicely today.

Afterwards I helped DH with leaves, the first of many rounds to come. Then I took the kayak out on the lake while DH watched TV.

It is heavy dangerous work (the stairs down are steep) and I like doing it when I am alone (she, bless her, hovers around me if I do it when she is home and that distracts me).
You will appreciate her oversight when you get to my age! Even climbing ladders could use a supervisor!

Went on a date to a nice Italian place with the wifey. We are usually so busy taking care of the grand-kids for 4 days a week that we don't often take the time for "just us time".

All Apple Weekend

On Fri/Sat, I purchased, received, set up, and handed over an iphone 7 to the spouse.
What with so many photos, accounts, cable change, etc., it took quite a bit of time to make sure things moved as planned from old phone (4s!) to the newer 7.

Later today I am handing over two computers to the son of an honored client of 20 years. Seems there very old all-in-1 iMac was going flakey for a long time. They had no recent backup (who needs them?). Computer had maybe 4-5 years of videos of their children.

I determined the hard drive was not bad, as apple genius told them in NYC. There was an odd video thing happening, causing it to crash. Computer is too sealed up to even attempt opening and looking inside. Used recovery mode to boot, and made a block copy to USB external. Took computer to local Apple store, where a new macbook they purchased was waiting. Had several discussions with various geniuses, and eventually an experienced tech agreed that the way to migrate was through Target Disk Mode. All succeeded, and I am sure the couple will be happy with the experience, and not mind the bill I present.

birthday brunch with DD and SIL, then shopping and home for shoulder PT exercises. Beautiful sunny fall day here, will head out for a walk soon.

Yesterday afternoon was a bunch of flights with the R/C UMX Waco biplane in the back yard, today will be either the J-3 Cub or the UMX Radian powered glider.

Interestingly, the J-3 and the Pitts S-1 are the only R/C airplanes I have that will enter into and maintain a true spin.

Drove down the mountain to a trailhead a couple miles from town and rode our bikes into town to wander around the fall festival. It's easier (and cheaper) to park remotely. We enjoyed some live music and window shopped. I really wanted some funnel cake, but no one was selling it. How can there be a fall festival without funnel cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom