What do you drive?

2010 Corolla - x2 - One is "Classic Silver Metallic" and other is "Desert Sand Mica" - both purchased on the same day - both with about 70,000 miles.

2017 Ford Expedition Platinum
2014 Ford F250 Platinum
2014 Corvette convertible

2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Just rented one on vacation. Cool car, but NOT made for a 61yo with hip problems! Had to trade it in for an Impala.

Current ride is a 2015 Nissan Altima. Simple, basic, roomy and reliable transportation and still under $20k. If I sound like a commercial, its because this is the 3rd Altima I have owned. happy customer.

2013 BMW 328i bought used certified one year ago when I retired. DW has a 2015 Volvo XC60 T6 bought used certified a few months ago.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 115,000 miles
2003 Nissan 350Z 145,000

I occasionally look at replacing the Nissan with a used Porsche Cayman but can't bring myself to pull the trigger. You know, that whole LBYM thing.

2012 Honda Accord, 20,000 miles. At this rate this car should last me forever.

The Nissan has been a lot of fun. Last week we upgraded the stereo with new speakers and a new android/apple play stereo. :dance:

Not only to mention that the maintenance on a Nissan is most likely going to be much more reasonable than the Cayman!

I have an Infiniti that just went over 100k miles and surprisingly to some folks, it has been a very cheap car to own and very dependable.

2010 Corolla - x2 - One is "Classic Silver Metallic" and other is "Desert Sand Mica" - both purchased on the same day - both with about 70,000 miles.

I love the colors that cars that manufactures use. I mean, can't it just be "silver" or "light brown"?

We were leaving a concert a couple of weeks ago and a rather inebriated gal was getting very annoyed at her friend for saying the color of her Ford Explorer was "white". She DEMANDED she call it whatever stupid color the manufacturer chose. I am not sure why people think that "their" car is so much more special than the 3,000,000 of the same make/model that has been produced.... :confused:

2007 Ridgeline 130,000 miles
2008 Kia Optima DW 120,000 miles

2012 Yamaha FZ6R
2013 Kawasaki DW Ninja

Love the Ridgeline , I really believe this is one of the most enjoyable vehicle we ever owned .

DW's Optima has been a super car , nobody wants KIA we bought it 5 years ago for 10,000 and bought a maintenance plan and have never got to use it . Firm Believer in ( Hyundai Kia )

We have 2 Toyota Camry's.

2002 - 270,000 miles on it
1997 - 180,000 miles on it

I love them both and will drive them into the ground!

I drive a BMW 528, vintage 1999. It's an oldie, but a goodie.....just like me !!

It recently turned 124K miles, and I've been putting about 8K miles per year on it. I picked it up on a trade-in about 5 years ago. I had to fix a few vacuum leaks to get it running

I drive a five also. I sold my 97 528 that I had for almost 20 years and replaced it with a 2003 530i. love it so far. has about 97k miles.

DW drives a 2007 Camry which she loves. 125k miles.

DS drives my 2010 Outlander which has been super reliable. 85k miles.

2015 Mazda Miata MX-5 GT PRHT
2015 SCION XB 686 Parklan

also both purchased on the same day

and for backup, or hauling big stuff, we couldn't part with our 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab. (65k mi)

I love the colors that cars that manufactures use. I mean, can't it just be "silver" or "light brown"?

We were leaving a concert a couple of weeks ago and a rather inebriated gal was getting very annoyed at her friend for saying the color of her Ford Explorer was "white". She DEMANDED she call it whatever stupid color the manufacturer chose. I am not sure why people think that "their" car is so much more special than the 3,000,000 of the same make/model that has been produced.... :confused:

Yeah - I wanted to say, "Gray" and "Tan" - but thought I'd throw in the BS "color" for fun! I had to look them up online.

Not only to mention that the maintenance on a Nissan is most likely going to be much more reasonable than the Cayman!

I have an Infiniti that just went over 100k miles and surprisingly to some folks, it has been a very cheap car to own and very dependable.

You are correct about the Nissan. We replaced the air conditioner compressor earlier this year. That is the only significant repair in 15 years and 145k miles. It runs like a top. We considered the G35 when we bought the Nissan. At the time, I think the 350z and the G35 had the same frame and engine.

Yeah - I wanted to say, "Gray" and "Tan" - but thought I'd throw in the BS "color" for fun! I had to look them up online.
After many, many conversations with the young wife about whether something is "pink" (according to me) or actually "rose, coral, blush or salmon" (as she chooses), I have come to the conclusion that I am simply color deficient.

After many, many conversations with the young wife about whether something is "pink" (according to me) or actually "rose, coral, blush or salmon" (as she chooses), I have come to the conclusion that I am simply color deficient.

I avoid all that by classifying everything as 'purple'. :LOL:

I drove this Peugeot 308SW recently for 5,800 km in my road trip through Europe. It was spanking new with 2 km on the odometer when I took possession of it. It was reasonably big by European standard, but the smallest one that could haul luggage for 4 people in the trunk.

Never had driven a French car before, and I was quite impressed. Only a few days before returning it, I discovered it had parallel parking assist, and did not have time to play with it to see how it worked.

6LVoAGN.jpg

Primary Car - 2012 Ford Explorer
Second Car (driven by DH when he is alone mostly, occasionally I drive it or we go somewhere together in it - 2013 Hyundai Veloster

We have been really happy with both of these cars. They are both in good shape but we may replace one or both of them in a year or two. We need an SUV because we have large dogs and need at least one vehicle where we can put a large dog crate in it. That said, we don't really need a vehicle as large as the Explorer any more so it is sort of overkill in terms of size. It has been a great vehicle though.

The Veloster is fun to drive and we like how it looks and it gets better gas mileage than the Explorer. However, I feel safer in the SUV than the Veloster so I usually elect to go in the Explorer. We will probably eventually replace the Explorer with a somewhat smaller SUV. May keep the Veloster for quite a while since it isn't driven all that much.

2007 Ridgeline 130,000 miles
2008 Kia Optima DW 120,000 miles

2012 Yamaha FZ6R
2013 Kawasaki DW Ninja

Love the Ridgeline , I really believe this is one of the most enjoyable vehicle we ever owned .

DW's Optima has been a super car , nobody wants KIA we bought it 5 years ago for 10,000 and bought a maintenance plan and have never got to use it . Firm Believer in ( Hyundai Kia )

Good choice :)

Back
Top Bottom