Dry hands during winter.

bongo2 said:
Zim's Crack Cream. I don't know what the heck it is, but it sort of dissolves the hard calluses that tend to crack.
Crack Cream? Do you rub it in or free base it? :D :D :D

Martha said:
Do what the farmers do. Don't use lotion. Lotion is for pussies. Use bag balm. Put it on after washing your hands when your hands are a bit damp.

Like the lady says, bag balm works. Try to keep it off your willy though.

Somthing less pungent which also works before the cracks have started is coconut oil. At normal room temp it is more a grease than oil, but it has a mild pleasant smell, and won't sting body parts.
But once there are cracks or redness, head for the Bag Balm.

Martha said:
Don't use lotion. Lotion is for pussies.

Not needed if 'ol Mikey is on the job. :)

Ha

Bob_Smith said:
bongo2, where did you buy it? I'd like to try it. If people are actually going to the cash register and buying a product called "Crack Cream" it must be good... I'll have to wear a disguise when I buy it though.

Not sure if you're serious, but around here you can get it at any drug store.

I use the liquid spray stuff (rather than the creme).

http://www.crackcreme.com/products/skincare/originalformula/index.html

BarbaraAnne said:
My son has the same problem with his hands, C-T. They get dry and crack and bleed in the cold. We use Aquaphor, which is usually available from the pharmacist without a prescription, but behind the counter. It is petroleum jelly based but has additional ingredients that seem to make it more effective.

We have tried other products, but this is the only one that seems to work for him.

Update on the dry hand problem. Picked up some Aquaphor at Costo last week (In a twin pack of course) - Just outside the Pharmacy. Used it for a week at night, and my hands are completely healed and soft as a baby's bottom. :) I have tried cornhuskers in the past, but this Aquaphor stuff is better! Not for day use however, too greasy, could not hold on to anything!

Of course having the weather warm up here to the 40-50 degree range didn't hurt either! 8)

Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom