Eating too FEW calories makes you fat!

What was your objective. I don't get the point.

Hey..... I was just making a conversation about my wife's diet and what it did for here. An informational point. Everything doesn't have an objective.

OK..... I did have an objective: just conversation!

Well, the paint is peeling on MY deck, too! :LOL:

Back in the 1970's, I decided to just stop eating in order to lose the 20 pounds that were bothering me. I did so for a week - - just lay on the sofa because I felt too weak to do anything at all. I ate absolutely nothing whatsoever. I took a few sips of water but that was about all.

After a week, I found I had GAINED two pounds. :rolleyes:

Weight Watchers, on the other hand, works for me (when I follow it correctly).

I recommend just eating fruit veggies salad lemon water and baked beans..watch what happens!

I do believe that eating less calories may make some people gain weight, but there are a lot of anorexic young women out there who didn't get that way by eating too many calories. If you google "starvation mode" you will find references to it, including I think on Weight Watchers, that it is a phenomenom that happens at extremely low calorie levels, like in concentration camps--i.e., truly starvation mode.

However, I personally am looking for that diet that lets you lose weight by eating more, however :) .

I do believe that eating less calories may make some people gain weight, but there are a lot of anorexic young women out there who didn't get that way by eating too many calories. If you google "starvation mode" you will find references to it, including I think on Weight Watchers, that it is a phenomenom that happens at extremely low calorie levels, like in concentration camps--i.e., truly starvation mode.

However, I personally am looking for that diet that lets you lose weight by eating more, however :) .

Well.... that's what I thought too. But my wife's data has proved it different. And the research of the Healthy Diet trainer has also shown it to b e different than total starvation. Apparently it doesn't take much to send one into conservation mode. Maybe it takes a lot more when you are only 22 years old. Again, wifey is 58 and I'm almost 61.

Z

pawienerschnitzelchilidogdiet.jpg

Whenever I go on a strict diet like that I have learned--thru the school of hard knocks--to take ONE day a week and eat around 2,400 calories vs. the normal 1,200+. That kicks my metabolism into gear, and I never plateau then. Has anyone else ever done this and had success doing this like I have:confused:?
Believe it or not, it gets to be trying to eat that much after a few months of eating little....but I manage...I manage...:rolleyes:

48 ounces of water is only 6 glasses and not much at all. Jeepers, I drink around 12 glasses of water a day every day = 96 ounces.
Water is good for hydration, your skin, your kidneys and colon, etc.; plus, if you do any sort of exercise at all you need the water in those muscles so you don't get leg cramps, and, take it from me, they are no fun at all--especially if they come in the middle of the night when you're sleeping.

I'm going to do some homework on the Rotation Diet mentioned. Never heard of it, but sounds logical from what I know about losing weight.

Hey..... I was just making a conversation about my wife's diet and what it did for here. An informational point. Everything doesn't have an objective.

OK..... I did have an objective: just conversation!

You didn't answer the question.
What did you want to get out of the conversation/talk (goal, result, hope, desire, etc)?

Whenever I go on a strict diet like that I have learned--thru the school of hard knocks--to take ONE day a week and eat around 2,400 calories vs. the normal 1,200+. That kicks my metabolism into gear, and I never plateau then. Has anyone else ever done this and had success doing this like I have:confused:?
Believe it or not, it gets to be trying to eat that much after a few months of eating little....but I manage...I manage...:rolleyes:

48 ounces of water is only 6 glasses and not much at all. Jeepers, I drink around 12 glasses of water a day every day = 96 ounces.
Water is good for hydration, your skin, your kidneys and colon, etc.; plus, if you do any sort of exercise at all you need the water in those muscles so you don't get leg cramps, and, take it from me, they are no fun at all--especially if they come in the middle of the night when you're sleeping.

I LOVE to eat. That's why I workout, so I can eat more. :D Come winter, when I'm cutting fat, I drink huge amounts of water and eat little (for me) during the week. "Little" for me is still more than many people eat. On the weekends I lighten up a bit and eat some of my favorites. If I tried to stay on the strict diet I maintain during the week all of the time, I'd go off theregimene within a couple weeks and pig out. I'm not trying to compete in any competitions, so I don't worry too much about 3-5 lbs. Since summer is coming and I will be in the swim suit, I cut as much fat as I can without going to extremes. Besides the lady (DW) likes it. I also gocompletelyy off the eatingregimene in the fall, which coincides with changing the focus of my workouts. I noticed this helps keep me strict during the winter.

You didn't answer the question.
What did you want to get out of the conversation/talk (goal, result, hope, desire, etc)?

Someone with more than 3800 posts here has to ask me what I got out of conversation? You're funny. :cool:

Surely you jest! Conversation is an end in itself.

The Twinkies avatar isn't helping.

Someone with more than 3800 posts here has to ask me what I got out of conversation? You're funny. :cool:

It can be. But when someone starts a thread with all sorts of specific numbers and also appears to come to some debatable conclusions, and adds all caps to statements claiming they are unbelievable, when some of us consider them believable, I don't think the OP should be surprised that analysis, suggestions and debate follows. Examples:

CONVERSATION AS AN END TO ITSELF:

Z) Nice weather we are having, eh? ( a general comment)
Z's neighbor) Yeah, nice, maybe I'll take a bike ride.

CONVERSATION LIKELY TO RESULT IN DEBATE:

Z) We had 9" of snow yesterday! ( a specific, verifiable statement)
Z's neighbor) No we didn't, it was 80 and sunny, are you on something?

Discuss ;)

-ERD50

Very often, the feeling of hunger actually means you are thirsty. DW learned and passed that little trick to me a few years ago. Often now when I feel hungry I'll have a drink instead, and it delays the need to eat.

I'm imaginging feeling hungry at 10 am and thinking, hey, I'll have a drink instead.... Yessir, eight of these a day and I'll never be hungry! :)

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 67
Yes, I noticed that too.
The word "Twinkies" ("case of Twinkies" and "The Twinkie Institute") slipped into two of my posts at other threads. :LOL:
Subliminal suggestion still w*rks on us...:nonono:

You were just helping Twinkie celebrate its 80th birthday on 4/7/10! No ER for this snack cake.

Twinkies and beer--now there's a diet that won't put me into starvation mode (the beer will supply all the nutrients). Plus of course the occasional chili dog to keep the calorie count up.

Well.... that's what I thought too. But my wife's data has proved it different. And the research of the Healthy Diet trainer has also shown it to b e different than total starvation. Apparently it doesn't take much to send one into conservation mode. Maybe it takes a lot more when you are only 22 years old. Again, wifey is 58 and I'm almost 61.

Z

Is "Healthy Diet" the name of a program? And where is the research of the Healthy Diet trainer and how was it conducted?

If one could be skinny by knowing about diets I would be Kate Moss :) and I don't think I know a program called Healthy Diet.

You were just helping Twinkie celebrate its 80th birthday on 4/7/10! No ER for this snack cake.

Twinkies and beer--now there's a diet that won't put me into starvation mode (the beer will supply all the nutrients). Plus of course the occasional chili dog to keep the calorie count up.
Beer, chili dogs, and Twinkies. Can we devise a food pyramid for that? :cool:

It can be. But when someone starts a thread with all sorts of specific numbers and also appears to come to some debatable conclusions, and adds all caps to statements claiming they are unbelievable, when some of us consider them believable, I don't think the OP should be surprised that analysis, suggestions and debate follows. Examples:

CONVERSATION AS AN END TO ITSELF:

Z) Nice weather we are having, eh? ( a general comment)
Z's neighbor) Yeah, nice, maybe I'll take a bike ride.

CONVERSATION LIKELY TO RESULT IN DEBATE:

Z) We had 9" of snow yesterday! ( a specific, verifiable statement)
Z's neighbor) No we didn't, it was 80 and sunny, are you on something?

Discuss ;)

-ERD50

Not a clue what you are talking about. I've been enjoying the varied responses to my post, all 43 of them so far. Don't understand your goal oriented approach to everything. I'm sorry but I cannot help it if some of you feel that things I think are unbelievable, are actually believable. Nothin' I can do about that, unless I contact you first to ask if my post is OK. And guess what? I'm not going to get your permissions about whether I'm posting right.

You should probably avoid responding to my posts, since you have over and again completely misconstrued them here and other places on ER.

Zarathu

Is "Healthy Diet" the name of a program? And where is the research of the Healthy Diet trainer and how was it conducted?

If one could be skinny by knowing about diets I would be Kate Moss :) and I don't think I know a program called Healthy Diet.

My wife says that its called "LIVING HEALTHY, LIVING WELL". The author is Phyllis Bullins. She has a book out:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Living-Healthy-Living-Well/Phyllis-Bullins/e/9780741449122

Apparently she just happens to live around Philadelphia and is running the course at my wife's school.

Z

Take a look at the stats - on a daily basis you post 2x+ more than I do.

I was just interested to see if your answer was good enough not to add you to my ignore list. It wasn't

Thanks for the link. FWIW, I've found the discussion generated by this thread you started quite interesting.

I agree...... when a whole lot of people have a lot of varying opinions and comments, I get to learn all kinds of new things. If everyone believed the same about everything, then there wouldn't be any excitement about anything!

Since I've increased my fluid intake, I've begin to dislike coffee, and prefer just water. And I'm a REAL COFFEE DRINKER!

Z

Since I've increased my fluid intake, I've begin to dislike coffee, and prefer just water. And I'm a REAL COFFEE DRINKER!

Z

Interesting - I'm a big coffee drinker also but the increased fluid intake hasn't altered that. However, lots of other tastes have changed. For example, we used to LOVE Popeyes fried chicken, and their biscuits and beans. When we moved back to Louisiana a couple of years ago we went to our favorite Popeyes for old times sake and were surprised to find that we did not like it at all !! (and I could list loads of other examples).

Back
Top Bottom