Beware - Traveling in New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping that county and police force are in for a well deserved law suit.

I am hoping that county and police force are in for a well deserved law suit.

Also the doctors that performed the 3 enemas and the colonoscopy without permission based on a warrant issued in a different jurisdiction. Not to mention the two sets of x-rays. None of which found any narcotics. All because he "appeared" to be clenching his buttocks. First, do no harm.

The descriptions in this story are fairly disturbing, just a warning. 4 On Your Side investigates traffic stop nightmare | KOB.com

Wow….and then they had the gall to bill him for the procedures! IANAL but IMHO doing all this without consent is truly assault and battery from a medical ethical point of view. Colonoscopy is not only an unpleasant procedure, but in rare cases may have serious side effects (like a perforated bowel, for example).

Perhaps they thought they would find Heisenberg…..

Well, I might have expected anal probes in Roswell, but it does seem a little excessive in the rest of the state..... :LOL:

This story is so hard to believe. I do hope the so called "medical professionals" and police officers are prosecuted and given long sentences. The victim may end up with a significant settlement, but it will probably be a long process getting there. Then there could be more to this story that may come out later.

This sounds like something out of Breaking Bad . . . except we would all have said the plot was not realistic, that this couldn't happen in real life . . .

This story is simply horrific. I hope the police and doctors involved understand who the true criminals were in this incident.

Why would someone pulling out of a Walmart parking lot be suspected of anal cavity stuffing? How about hiding it under the seat instead?

They only do that at border crossings, mostly on flights.

Did they give him a ticket for rolling through the stop sign? It would seem like anything else without a court order would be an "unreasonable search and seizure."

Wow. About the only good thing to come out of this is that he will be able to RE, and live well, when the respective agencies and medical facilities settle on the suit.

Police brutality is an old story, but pulling in medical personnel to assist is a new twist.

We may need to dig a little deeper to get to the truth.

Wonder if they snipped any polyps they might have spotted while they were in there ?

Wonder if they snipped any polyps they might have spotted while they were in there ?
Yeah, and I guess the guy can skip his next scheduled colonoscopy, since it's already been done.

The authorities said they would get to the bottom of this complaint without delay.

Did they give him a ticket for rolling through the stop sign? It would seem like anything else without a court order would be an "unreasonable search and seizure."

They stopped him on the basis of the roll through, then held him until they could get the search warrant. Then they took him out of the warrant's jurisdiction before doing the unreasonable. I do give props though to the doctor at the Deming hospital emergency room, who refused to do the cavity searches stating that it was unethical.

Wow. About the only good thing to come out of this is that he will be able to RE, and live well, when the respective agencies and medical facilities settle on the suit.

Yeah, but then the taxpayers who were not a part of this incident will still be losers. That said, maybe it has to happen in this case to get their attention to not tolerate this. And yes, criminal assault charges on these officers should probably be brought forth (especially since these searches were done outside the scope of the warrant's jurisdiction).

Yeah, but then the taxpayers who were not a part of this incident will still be losers. That said, maybe it has to happen in this case to get their attention to not tolerate this. And yes, criminal assault charges on these officers should probably be brought forth (especially since these searches were done outside the scope of the warrant's jurisdiction).

FIFY...

These types of abuses happen all the time, and very seldom are the culprits punished the way they would be if they weren't LEOs. So I'm not expecting much. But I do hope they go after the doctors as well as the police. It was a team effort.

Just for more fun reading, Houston Officer Cleared Of Wrongdoing In Killing Of Brian Claunch, Double Amputee. They couldn't control this wheelchair bound mentally disabled double amputee who was threatening them with a ball point pen without shooting him in the head. Just following procedures.

These types of abuses happen all the time, and very seldom are the culprits punished the way they would be if they weren't LEOs. So I'm not expecting much. But I do hope they go after the doctors as well as the police. It was a team effort.
The doctors share some blame, but I put this mostly on the LEOs. It's pretty intimidating to be approached by police with guns and handcuffs, and refuse to do what they are asking you. Not every doc is going to have the principles and the courage of the first one who refused to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom