Duty-free shops ?

Duty free shops always have "deals" like two-for-one bottles of liquor. However, two bottles may exceed the exemption for the country you are travelling to, in which case you will end up paying the duties when you arrive. Ask me how I know.......:facepalm:

Bottom line: I don't bother with duty free any more, unless I have a few foreign currency bills to dispose of. Which reminds me, I have a jar of truffles from Croatia that I bought with my last remaining kuna.....

I have a jar of truffles from Croatia that I bought with my last remaining kuna.....

Leaving Yugoslavia in the late 1980s we had a few dinars left.....all the duty free shop had was booze.......our flight was to Riyadh.

Bottom line: I don't bother with duty free any more, unless I have a few foreign currency bills to dispose of. Which reminds me, I have a jar of truffles from Croatia that I bought with my last remaining kuna.....

That's what I use duty-frees for also. I discovered that there is nothing in the Beijing airport stores that you can't find for less in San Francisco's Chinatown, but I'd rather carry a few ounces of tea across the ocean than end up with a a bunch of yuan in my desk drawer. I still have some pre-euro currencies that aren't ever going to be spendable now, so I do my best to get rid of cash in the duty-frees and donation boxes before leaving foreign soil.

Duty free shops always have "deals" like two-for-one bottles of liquor. However, two bottles may exceed the exemption for the country you are travelling to, in which case you will end up paying the duties when you arrive. Ask me how I know.......:facepalm:

I should read up on US customs booze limits before my next cruise, as Carnival does have a good deal on the last night of the cruise, but it is the 2 for 1 thing.

I like to take a tiny amount of foreign currency back, like a souvenir.

Back
Top Bottom