Smartwatch recommendation wanted

FIYes

Full time employment: Posting here.
I have a Moto G6. I also have a Fitbit Versa. They have compatibility issues. My Versa will not consistently receive call and text notifications from my phone.

I am looking for a smart watch recommendation that will work consistently with the Moto G6. I also need step counting function. Hey, I want get my 10,000 steps each day. The Versa is very good at step counting.

Does anyone have a smart watch that they use with a Moto G6 and would recommend?

I have a Moto G6. I also have a Fitbit Versa. They have compatibility issues. My Versa will not consistently receive call and text notifications from my phone.

I am looking for a smart watch recommendation that will work consistently with the Moto G6. I also need step counting function. Hey, I want get my 10,000 steps each day. The Versa is very good at step counting.

Does anyone have a smart watch that they use with a Moto G6 and would recommend?

I have the Fitbit Versa and once I switched from a Moto G to a Samsung S7, the compatibility issues went away. No problems with notifications or syncing once the Samsung was connected.

Well that would be another way to go...switch the phone not the watch. I do like my G6. It is a good phone.

My Moto G6 is still working well. I bought it last November...Black Friday sale. It is just too good to replace at this time. I am frustrated with the syncing and notification problems, but will probably keep the Moto for now.

Not what you wanted but:

I have an iPhone and an Apple Watch. Great combo.

I love my Apple watch. My wife has an google device and has had good luck with Garmin's fitness watch. Seems very accurate. Right on par with my Apple.

I love my Apple watch. My wife has an google device and has had good luck with Garmin's fitness watch. Seems very accurate. Right on par with my Apple.

You need GPS to get accurate numbers when you are hiking or running in terrain. I imagine the non-GPS work OK for flat city streets.

Yes, Apple/iPhone or Samsung/Samsung would be the best combo but probably not in my budget at this time.

Are you thinking of replacing the Versa or the Moto? I use my Versa with an older iPhone and it seems to work well.

I have about a year of experience with the Versa and like it very much except for the fact that it has to be paired with the iPhone for accurate GPS.

I’ll stay with it for now but I’d probably consider the Fitbit Ionic with built-in GPS (or whatever current model does) in the future.

I’m addicted to the Fitbit sleep stage analysis.

Apparently there are apps for phones which will use the phone GPS to give accurate results. Maybe that is all you need? I looked this up and Google Fit is one app that is free.

I would prefer to keep the Moto. It is my first non absolute bottom of the barrel smartphone (my previous phone cost $30 new ....but on sale). I have only had this phone since the end of November and I am still happy with it.

A phone app to count steps will not work for me. I don’t have my phone with me at all times. One of the reasons that I want text and call notifications to work consistently is that often the phone is in one room and I am in another.

A phone app to count steps will not work for me. I don’t have my phone with me at all times. One of the reasons that I want text and call notifications to work consistently is that often the phone is in one room and I am in another.

I tried a free phone app for activity tracking and researched several but they were all deficient in some way and/or used ads. After a couple of months I bought the Versa. From comments here on e-r.org it seems others also like competitors (Garmin comes to mind).

Not right now, but I expect the Apple Watch will be available untethered from an iPhone in the next year or so.

Apple is introducing an App Store on the watch when they release the new WatchOS this fall. Also, developers will also be able to write apps for the watch that are independent of an iPhone (not possible today).

So I predict(!) that Apple will start selling Apple Watches that don't require an iPhone in the fall of 2020.

One of the Garmin watches would probably be a good choice. I have a Moto G5 Plus and a Garmin Vivoactive 3 and notifications seem to work well. It will track daily steps and notify you when you reached your goal, also has a built in heart rate monitor. I like using the GPS function of the Garmin when out for a run or hike to get accurate distances.

I would prefer to keep the Moto. It is my first non absolute bottom of the barrel smartphone (my previous phone cost $30 new ....but on sale). I have only had this phone since the end of November and I am still happy with it.

I recently purchased a Fitbit Charge 3 and it is syncing well with my Moto g5s. The Charge 3's are on sale at Costco for $109.99 ($30 off).

Both I mentioned are GPS.

That’s good. For some years I used a Garmin Vivofit. When I switched to the Apple Watch I was dismayed to find that a 5.6 mile run in the hills was really 4.4 miles. But then I am a bit of a data junky.

That’s good. For some years I used a Garmin Vivofit. When I switched to the Apple Watch I was dismayed to find that a 5.6 mile run in the hills was really 4.4 miles. But then I am a bit of a data junky.

Interesting. Accuracy of both the Garmin and the Apple seem to be excellent when calibrated against other devices like our bike computers.

Interesting. Accuracy of both the Garmin and the Apple seem to be excellent when calibrated against other devices like our bike computers.

The Vivofit does not have GPS. If u you compare a down hill walk against the up hilll return you will get different numbers.

Hmm, really like my Moto G6, but my Internet research is not turning up any compatible smart watches. I have only had the phone for six months. My frugal nature is not going to let me replace it at this time. I appreciate hearing that Versa works with the Samsung Galaxy S7.

I like my Garmin 235. Its going on 4 years old and just keeps on working. It has GPS - I use it for hiking, biking and running. And I monitor activities through Garmin Connect. Logs steps and shows current and resting heart rate. Shows incoming call and text info on the watch face (if I have my phone with me)

OP - have you contacted Fitbit about the problem ?
Is the Fitbit app up to date on the Moto G6 ?

Back
Top Bottom