ING...CapOne360....Any problems w/ Automated Phone?

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone having problems with ING's automated phone system? I enter all my
info normally but then it routes me to a human. While waiting for the human it asks if I want to use the automated system but again routes me to a human.
This is a recent problem. In the past it has been fine.

I get the sense that it's not a general problem so perhaps they think it's a crank call or it's my phone system.

From another viewpoint, I don't have problems using any other company's automated system.

Perhaps it's an interactive problem and requires both my phone/phone system
and their automated phone system. Any idea what that problem could be?
And why wouldn't that be a problem with any other company and my phone?

I vaguely remember some problem in the past when my landline had problems but the cell phone worked fine but then the company did something ? and then the landline was fine too.

The current problem is w/ the landline. Haven't tried the cell yet.

I've had an account for years, but I don't think I've ever used the phones system. I use the internet to read balances, transfer money (very convenient; my kids also have ING accounts and transfers are "instant"), and write electronic checks. I use the smartphone app to deposit checks I get (maybe 1 or so every month to two months). I'm curious what you use the phone system for.

Most likely somebody(on their side) changed something software, configuration.... I'd contact them and let them know about the problem you're having.

I've had an account for years, but I don't think I've ever used the phones system. I use the internet to read balances, transfer money (very convenient; my kids also have ING accounts and transfers are "instant"), and write electronic checks. I use the smartphone app to deposit checks I get (maybe 1 or so every month to two months). I'm curious what you use the phone system for.

Thanks, MRG and fosterscik, for your input. Greatly appreciated.
I use the IVR to check balances and transfer funds. I try to avoid doing financial stuff on the internet unless absolutely necessary as I am sure the Russian, Chinese, etc. hackers are smarter than me.

Back
Top Bottom