40th High School Reunion

Three elementary (K-8) schools feed my alma mater. This means that even though we did not sit in classes together for the first nine years, we attended CCD, played little league, learned to swim at community pool, danced at 6-8 grade dances, etc together...so, many of the 42 of my classmates have known me all my life. Living across the country keeps me out of the planning loop (whew) but I always look forward to the reunions. Will have a mini one with the folks who live around Sacramento when I get home for Thanksgiving this year - wish we had Facebook before our 20 year - found lots of folks afterwards!

45th coming up in March of 2010. I have never been to one. I am planning on going this time. Not really sure why but I will go. I never liked school. :D

I must admit that I don´t remember any of my schoolmates and few of my University ones. Must be on account of not having had a particular good time... Or maybe because I never was the gregarious sort...
Anyway, it embarrasses me to talk about those years.

I had a very good time at my gal's reunion last year - much better than at the few reunions for my high school or even for college. Think it was because she was in the same small grade school and high school with most of her classmates since she was in 5th grade. She's also very gregarious and well liked, so I was the recipient of a fair amount of good feeling overflow. For their 40th they had a weekend in a Palm Springs hotel - the 30th was an even better venue - a 3 day Carnival cruise. 40th was more fun though - by that time people had made it or not and were pretty comfortable with themselves. It is to be noted that the crowd at the reunion was probably not a perfect cross-section - it took a certain amount of financial success - or bravado with plastic - to attend.

My 45th reunion is in June 2010, and I plan to attend. Having retired one year ago and returned to my "home" state, I now live in the same state at least. I went to the 10th, 30th, and 40th and mostly enjoyed myself. What struck me most at the last one was how much older (worse?) the men looked than the women, not something I really anticipated.

Did not go to High school. Got a GED while in the Army, one day of test taking. Still amazed that I got qualifying results, my English was still pretty bad. Was part time student in my late thirties while working full time took 5 yrs to get BS.

Got an invite once for the graduating year's class reunion, did not go, likely would not have known anyone there.

I just attended my 45th HS reunion in New Orleans. It's nice to reconnect with old friends from hs and swap lies. I would say about half of those attending now live outside of the NO area.
We have a cocktail party on Fri. night followed by a picnic on Sat.

Question - Do I really look as old as some of these people?
Answer - Probably

I didn't enjoy high school, can't remember anyone, and can't see spending time with people I don't know and don't care about.

ta,
mew

I would have to agree. I just received my 45th year invite (class of '65) and I threw it in the trash, as I have done with all the others I received over the years.

HS was a bad time for me (family wise), and a period of time I would rather forget.

But hey - for those of you that it truly was the "best of times", great.

My "best of times" is today :rolleyes: ....

high school reunion

I just had my 45th this last weekend! I went to the dinner/dance Sat. night. I went to school with some from the 6th grade to hs graduation.

I had a great time. I did find that the "click" people were pretty boring; after hs graduation, I moved to California as soon as I could, so have had a very "interesting" life. California in the 60's was the happening place. I did connect with a girlfriend with whom I giggled LOTS in junior high. It was great to re-connect with her, as we found that we still had the capacity for sheer silliness.

This was my first re-union; it took 45 years to let go of the "less than" or desire to brag adolescent feelings.

I am looking forward to the 50th!

Back
Top Bottom