5% Withdrawal Rate Portfolio

I subscribe to Value Line Investment company and read each report of each company on the Value Line Investment Survey, there is about 120 a week to review, I review each of 1700 companies, and if the earnings, dividends and past growth look interesting I review the 10K of the company, play back an earnings call to get a sense of the company and put a price on where I would find the company interesting, then have a watch list of the companies and current prices and review each week for potentials.

But isn't that the same thing that Simply Wall St. offers -- computer generated data? SWS recommends (strongly) to do your own due diligence showing how and where for each ticker. (Well, for those few I looked at.) The biggest difference being interactive dynamic information.

FWIW, I would quickly become lost trying to cull the best of a 1,700 item list manually.

In looking that over, I see I need to quickly add that I have no vested interest in Simply Wall St. whatsoever.

1st Quarter 2021 Update -

For the real RunningMan portfolio I proposed as a 5% withdrawal portfolio with someone of very minor savings ($36,375.90):

Payments Began March 15, 2015 $150.00/mo
Current Distribution:-- 03/31/2020 $168.00/mo
Total Distributions:———————$10,691.00

Portfolio Value @ 03/31/21: $42,473.30
DNP : $26,952.64 --- 2,728 Shares
SDOG: $7,720.50 ----- 150 Shares
RVT : $ 7,606.20 ------- 420 Shares
MMKT : $193.96

Distributions received in 1st Qtr:$697.35 Payments made $498.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wellington Portfolio for Comparison @ 03/31/2021: $44,874.11

VWLEX $43,026.11 942.73 Shares
MMKT: $1,848.00

Distributions reinvested since last report: $267.27 +5.92 Shares @ 45.11

A nice quarter for all involved and Wellington outperformed as DNP underperformed but that was offset by continued strong performance of RVT and SDOG. Current payout is around 4.7% annually and is heading into the 7th year for this portfolio. Will be interesting to see the effect on portfolio if inflation picks up in the coming years as appears likely.

Thanks for doing this. Makes me glad that I just have Wellington. It's my "Buy and forget" portfolio.

But isn't that the same thing that Simply Wall St. offers -- computer generated data? SWS recommends (strongly) to do your own due diligence showing how and where for each ticker. (Well, for those few I looked at.) The biggest difference being interactive dynamic information.

FWIW, I would quickly become lost trying to cull the best of a 1,700 item list manually.

In looking that over, I see I need to quickly add that I have no vested interest in Simply Wall St. whatsoever.

Each stock report on Value Line is not computer generated data, an analyst is assigned to every report and creates the report. The rankings on value line are computer generated and I use for a minor reference point, I do not use a single Value Line reccomended method of stock selection, I have different criterea that I personally find necessary for investing in a company.

Thanks for doing this. Makes me glad that I just have Wellington. It's my "Buy and forget" portfolio.

Wellington portfolio was a good selection for comparison. Certainly is an excellent fund especially for the Buy and forget type of portfolio.

Each stock report on Value Line is not computer generated data, an analyst is assigned to every report and creates the report. The rankings on value line are computer generated and I use for a minor reference point, I do not use a single Value Line reccomended method of stock selection, I have different criterea that I personally find necessary for investing in a company.

SWS may use a computer for analysis but it is pretty thorough -- see this document for a very detailed description of each facet of the process. Granted a on-the-ground inspection is important (a single one, however?) but that is part of the due diligence apart from SWS.

https://github.com/SimplyWallSt/Com...b/master/MODEL.markdown#overview-of-the-model
Simply Wall St Company Analysis Model Contents

Overview of the model
The Snowflake
Value Analysis
Future Performance analysis
Past Performance analysis
Financial Health analysis
Dividends analysis
Management analysis

https://support.simplywall.st/hc/en...re-estimates-for-companies-on-Simply-Wall-St-
Which brokers/analysts provide future estimates for companies on Simply Wall St?

Our data provider, S&P Global Market Intelligence, sources future earnings estimates from more than 2,000 institutions. These are some of the most reputable financial institutions in the world, including:

JP Morgan
Bank of Merrill Lynch
Moodys
Citi Group
Goldman Sachs
Wells Fargo
UBS
Morningstar
Credit Suisse
Barclays
Thomson Reuters

For a full list of contributors to the S&P Global Market Intelligence data platform, you can view the spreadsheet below.

*please note that analyst coverage varies from company to company. If there is analyst coverage for a company on Simply Wall St (i.e. future growth estimates), it would include only a very small portion of this list.

Back
Top Bottom