About 1 in 3 American adults have so-called pre-diabetes

Finally, IMO, the upside of this is that maybe doctors, patients, and even the ADA itself will recognize that an A1c of 7% (EAG = 154) is really pretty lousy blood glucose control. Think about what range of blood glucose values would likely lead to an average of 154. Someone whose blood sugar averaged 154 is probably experiencing dangerous levels of blood sugar much of the time.

Plus, there are other issues that can influence A1c numbers. I'm not positive what the cause is, but I've never scored higher than 5.9 on an A1c, but I've also never registered under 100 on a regular meter check. Usually closer to 150, and often fasting is over 200. This is all without medication. And I'm actually pretty consistant BGL wise. Not good, but consistant. So something is causing me to register normal on the A1c, even though I'm definitely diabetic. My personal guess is that my slight anemia is the cause, but my doc and endo don't have an explanation. So it is very important (assuming yoy are diabetic or even pre) to do the at home testing. A1cs can be misleading.

The dirty little secret the medical community is keeping from you is that more than nine out of ten North Americans currently suffer from senescence.

Don't just sit there; call your Congresscritter right now and demand that something be done about this scourge.

Hmmm, I see some confusion here, at least regarding health care economics. Recall that obese people, smokers, and especially obese smokers use less lifetime health care than healthy people.

Didn't we have recently a long thread on SS funding running out?

Heck, I say we call Congresscritters to ask them to incentivize people by providing earlier and/or higher SS to people who smoke and have high BMIs. Remember that Medicare is a bigger drain to the country coffer than SS. Better give 'em more SS earlier than lots of Medicare later. It would be a good exchange, I believe.

We cannot afford too many Jack Lalannes. Oops! I forgot that Jack Lalanne types can be put to w*rk until their 90s. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom