Am I a loner because I enjoy solitude and is that okay?

ENFJ here. I used to think I was an introvert but I think something happened when I was maybe 20 or 21, and now I am a strong extrovert.

Are there any other folks out there that just enjoy life on their one lane road?
I don't see anything wrong with that...so long as you're happy. I still work, so I don't have a good sense for what that would be like, but I can reflect on vacations and other periods when I'm not around others. I enjoy woodworking, which is a lone hobby for the most part. I get a lot of peace working away on Saturdays in the shop. HOwever, if I don't go out about 2-3x a month with friends or my wife, I do get a bit lonely.

When we go to restaurants, we often sit and eat at the bar (our city is non smoking, and we're not smokers). This allows us to talk to other patrons, we meet lots of interesting people and don't have to form any long-term relationships if we don't want to (although we have made a couple friendships this way).

Do what works for you.

Dave

ENFJ here. I used to think I was an introvert but I think something happened when I was maybe 20 or 21, and now I am a strong extrovert.
-
Do you know what happened? Is that what they call, "coming out of your shell"?

I think it can be situational. My first roommate laughed in someone's face, "Ha!" when they described me as quiet.

Introvert? what's that mean? is that kinda like shy? :duh:

EXTROVERT all the way here. wooohoooooooooooooo :D

DW and I are both ISTJs, but I'm sometimes borderline ESTJ depending on the phase of the moon and stars or something, or variables in the wording of the quiz.

Introverted can be perceived as being shy, but it just means they don't want or need a lot of crowds/noise and excitement going on.

Back
Top Bottom