Barely Use Cell Phone

Why a remote lot? O'Hare has an hourly garage adjacent to the terminals, doesn't it?

True. It's a little more money and might involve quite a bit of walking depending on where you wind up parking within that lot and which terminal/door you're going to. Either, IMHO, is much more of a hassle than staging yourself in the cell phone lot or just outside the airport (along Mannheim Road) and driving to the terminal when called. DW, DIL, DS and I have it down to a science..........

I'm no expert at actually parking and leaving the car at OHare since I haven't done it in years.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember back when cell phones were just getting popular and you'd occasionally get a big charge because you happened to hit a cell tower that wasn't in your roaming plan? It seems lots of these towers were auctioned off and bought by individuals.

Does anyone remember back when cell phones were just getting popular and you'd occasionally get a big charge because you happened to hit a cell tower that wasn't in your roaming plan? It seems lots of these towers were auctioned off and bought by individuals.

Yes, roaming charges used to be a thing before there were broad nationwide networks. I’ve had a mobile phone since 1991 so I definitely remember that.

Back
Top Bottom