Baseball 2019

The Nats are beating St. Louis up again....;)
I was at the game last night. (Blow that dough!) I almost felt sorry for the Cards after that 1st inning. Almost.

After the Nats' debacles against the Cards and the Dodgers in past NLDS, this year was sweet revenge.

I expected the Astros would win one while in NY but two already! Wow. Lot's of NY errors in game 4 and IMO, the home plate umpire called a lot balls that were really strikes last night.

I suspect the Yankees will be "throwing" everything they have left at them tonight.

I expected the Astros would win one while in NY but two already! Wow. Lot's of NY errors in game 4 and IMO, the home plate umpire called a lot balls that were really strikes last night.

I suspect the Yankees will be "throwing" everything they have left at them tonight.

The plate ump's bad calls were atrocious. Where do they get these guys?

I was surprised about the WSH/STL results. Unless the Red Sox are involved, I tend to support the NL team so good luck to the Nationals!

(... still in mourning about the loss of Joe Maddon up in beautiful Wrigley Field)

https://youtu.be/nHSRPOCpbdA

I bet a lot of STL fans are suffering from be careful what you wish for syndrome and probably had hoped to play WSH instead of the Dodgers going in. My prediction was STL in 7. Good thing I don't gamble.

Will miss Maddon and I think the demise of the Cubs started even before the season started by the front office pretty much doing nothing during the off season in 2018. Maddon does have problems handling relief pitchers, but he wasn't the sole reason why they took a dive. I blame the front office more.

Maddon will have a field day having Ohtani field and pitch. Plus, now is the big chance for Maddon to have Mike Trout lead off :LOL:.

Last edited:
I hope he makes Yankee fans cry.:D

Even though I'd like V to win tonight, I'd rather see a tight game and loss for the Astros just so we can get them back in Houston to trash them in front of the home crowd and also watch Cole strike out Judge 4 times. :D

Even though I'd like V to win tonight, I'd rather see a tight game and loss for the Astros just so we can get them back in Houston to trash them in front of the home crowd and also watch Cole strike out Judge 4 times. :D

I'd like to watch another game this weekend lol :LOL:

I'd like to watch another game this weekend lol :LOL:
And you can bet the TV networks, advertisers, ticket/concession sales, bookies, etc, would love to see a game 6 and 7. Big bucks to be made...

The plate ump's bad calls were atrocious. Where do they get these guys?

I was screaming at my tv. I couldn’t believe how bad a lot of those calls were. NY got almost every marginal call. And, worst of all was a pitch to Judge right down the middle of the plate that was called a ball. I expected AJ to come argue that call, but he didn’t. Oh well, hopefully JV will end this series tonite.

Be careful what you wish for.

Well, glad the Yankees could
give you the win over Verlander you were hoping for.

verlander is pitching tonight
Well that didn't work.... Maybe he was thinking more about getting to "second base" with Kate instead of winning game 5.

OTH, he did pretty good if you don't count the first inning. Just one hit just 6" more to the right and it would have been an entirely different game.

Last edited:
Well that didn't work.... Maybe he was thinking more about getting to "second base" with Kate instead of winning game 5.

OTH, he did pretty good if you don't count the first inning. Just one hit just 6" more to the right and it would have been an entirely different game.

Agreed.
But luckily Hicks' homer was NOT six more inches to the right.

Bullpen game tonite.
Should b close.

Last edited:
Saving Cole for game 7 or the start of the World Series.
I'd rather see them use Cole tonight and hopefully win the series and then rest everyone up for the WS start on Tuesday.... But then, what do I know.

I'd rather see them use Cole tonight and hopefully win the series and then rest everyone up for the WS start on Tuesday.... But then, what do I know.
That would push him up a day early, wouldn't it? That often doesn't work well. Better to keep him on schedule if needed for game 7, and if not needed he'll be ready for game 1 of the WS.

That would push him up a day early, wouldn't it? That often doesn't work well. Better to keep him on schedule if needed for game 7, and if not needed he'll be ready for game 1 of the WS.
That's true enough, I just want to see this put away!

Well my Nationals are playing TBD in the World Series. Not sure if I hope for the Stros or Yankees. As a Texan, favor the Stros I guess.

As much as I would love to go to a game, tickets seem totally not worth it. I know, Blow That Dough etc. But for game 3 for example prices now are $600 (SRO, not even a seat)-5000 each.

Makes my big screen in basement easily the best seat in the "house"! Beer selection better also.

I've been rounding up my Yankees friends here in NJ to chat with since they seem to be in short supply in early retirementland.

Well my Nationals are playing TBD in the World Series. Not sure if I hope for the Stros or Yankees. As a Texan, favor the Stros I guess.

As much as I would love to go to a game, tickets seem totally not worth it. I know, Blow That Dough etc. But for game 3 for example prices now are $600 (SRO, not even a seat)-5000 each.

Makes my big screen in basement easily the best seat in the "house"! Beer selection better also.
Ticket prices for WS games 3 & 4 in DC are currently about 10X what a friend & I paid for our tickets to game 4 of the NLCS this past Tuesday. We bought our tickets on StubHub a few hours before game time. Prices were dropping slowly throughout the day. When we saw decent seats at a decent price, we grabbed them. My friend had seen the Nats lose game 5 against the Cards in 2012, and I saw them lose game 5 in 2016 against the Dodgers. We were very happy to have finally seen them win in person this year, but like you, are not willing to pay the exorbitant WS prices.

As for the ALCS, I hope it goes 7 games, and I hope the 7th game goes extra innings. Burn out those pitchers! And if the Nats are going to lose the WS, I'd rather see them lose to the Astros. But if they're going to win the WS, I'd love to see them defeat the Damn Yankees!

Back
Top Bottom