Baseball 2019

ticket prices for ws games 3 & 4 in dc are currently about 10x what a friend & i paid for our tickets to game 4 of the nlcs this past tuesday. We bought our tickets on stubhub a few hours before game time. Prices were dropping slowly throughout the day. When we saw decent seats at a decent price, we grabbed them. My friend had seen the nats lose game 5 against the cards in 2012, and i saw them lose game 5 in 2016 against the dodgers. We were very happy to have finally seen them win in person this year, but like you, are not willing to pay the exorbitant ws prices.

As for the alcs, i hope it goes 7 games, and i hope the 7th game goes extra innings. Burn out those pitchers! And if the nats are going to lose the ws, i'd rather see them lose to the astros. But if they're going to win the ws, i'd love to see them defeat the damn yankees!

+1. Go nats!!!!

That ninth inning was about as exciting as baseball gets. Top of the ninth after that 2 run homer, I thought to myself, well there they (the Astros) go again. And then in the bottom of the ninth, the little guy saved the day.... Again... Wow, what a game. :dance:

+1 exciting game... I only caught the last inning.... was it me or did it look like Springer misjudged the homer in the bottom of the 9th that tied the game?

+1 exciting game... I only caught the last inning.... was it me or did it look like Springer misjudged the homer in the bottom of the 9th that tied the game?
I haven't watched the replays but it looked to me like he gave it his best shot and it was close... It was so close, I'm sure he would have liked to try that one again.

.... was it me or did it look like Springer misjudged the homer in the bottom of the 9th that tied the game?

Yes, the replay looked like he should have been a foot or so to his left before jumping for the ball. Of course it worked out OK. Had he caught it Altuve would have missed out on his walk off home run and MVP trophy.

Didn't watch the game but saw the replay of Altuve's walk off.

Looks like Chapman served up an 84 mph breaking ball, outer strike zone that Altuve hit over the wall. Was Chapman worn out, running on fumes, not throwing a fast fastball, like in 2016 against the Indians? Or did he just choose to not throw the heater.

Gotta give Altuve credit too as that guy can hit!

Astros gotta be favored in the WS, but don't count the Nats out.

Big Dreams - The Jose Altuve Story

If you haven't seen it, check out the story of Jose Altuve - very inspirational story. It is in English.

Didn't watch the game but saw the replay of Altuve's walk off.

Looks like Chapman served up an 84 mph breaking ball, outer strike zone that Altuve hit over the wall. Was Chapman worn out, running on fumes, not throwing a fast fastball, like in 2016 against the Indians? Or did he just choose to not throw the heater.

It was a slider that was elevated in the zone, and slightly outside. Altuve is death on those types of pitches. Altuve had 18 HRs on elevated pitches in the regular season, most in MLB. Altuve has 4 HRs on elevated pitches in the playoffs.

What was up with Chapman smiling as Altuve rounded the bases? I thought that was odd.

Great come-from-behind win for the Nats on the road last night. Quite a statement given how overpowering Cole has been.

Sherzer did not have his great stuff but he battled and the Nats bullpen had just enough.

I soto liked it.

By the 6th inning is was clear to me the Astro's were not going to win this one. They just didn't seem to be playing well last night. Not bad but not world series caliber... The Nationals didn't seem to be playing great either but certainly better than the Stros. Hopefully the team will play better tonight. If they don't win tonight "at home" and with Verlander pitching, then they are in serious trouble.

Très Bien!

I think they should play one game in Stade Parc Jarry.

Great come-from-behind win for the Nats on the road last night. Quite a statement given how overpowering Cole has been.

Sherzer did not have his great stuff but he battled and the Nats bullpen had just enough.

I soto liked it.

Cole was not on his game last night. I've watched almost all his starts this year and he wasn't sharp with pitch placement and his slider and curve were not moving that well. Just a bad day, I guess.

Oh well, Houston lost the first one to the Yanks a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they just got a wakeup call?

Cole was not on his game last night. I've watched almost all his starts this year and he wasn't sharp with pitch placement and his slider and curve were not moving that well. Just a bad day, I guess.

Oh well, Houston lost the first one to the Yanks a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they just got a wakeup call?

idk the nats looked pretty good last night - i just hope we don't get swept :(

Anybody else get extremely bothered when batters stand near home plate admiring their fly balls that turn out NOT to be HRs? Like Springer did last night?

Man, that bugs me.

He should have had a triple, been on third base with one out. When subsequently Altuve flew out to RF Springer would have tagged up and scored the tying run, but no, got to admire that fly ball.

Anybody else get extremely bothered when batters stand near home plate admiring their fly balls that turn out NOT to be HRs? Like Springer did last night?

Man, that bugs me.

He should have had a triple, been on third base with one out. When subsequently Altuve flew out to RF Springer would have tagged up and scored the tying run, but no, got to admire that fly ball.

Do that with, say, Bob Gibson or Don Drysdale on the mound...

Same with football; dance and prance for the camera, even after a routine play.

Do that with, say, Bob Gibson or Don Drysdale on the mound...

Same with football; dance and prance for the camera, even after a routine play.
You're missing his point. This isn't celebrating a home run. This is stopping to celebrate a ball that turns out NOT to be a home run. It's like stopping to do your dance on the 5 yard line, and getting tackled before scoring a TD.

You're playing in the world series. Go full speed until the ball actually clears the fence. Yes, it bugs the hell out of me.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OK, that one's from the wrong region. In Game 2 Astros issued their first intentional walk of the year, Nats then cashed in.

Arrrrrgh, not looking good for the Home team. Go Astros!

Back
Top Bottom