Christian the Lion

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My mother sent this to me and I just had to share it with all of you. Having shared my life with animals for many years I know they are capable of love. I have worked with many rescued cats and kittens who were terrified, traumatized, ill or neglected and each one has touched me and made me a better person. Honestly, at times, I really think they know what it means to be rescued. I know there are many animal lovers in this group and I hope you enjoy this. Please feel free to share any stories you have about how animals have shown you love.

YouTube - Christian the Lion - the full story (in HQ)

Aawwh! I saw this on the Today show this morning. So touching!

We rescued 2 cats one summer. They were feral and petrified of us. We kept them in a small room and slowly kept introducing human contact. We did this for months, and eventually they let us pet them, etc. Eventually, we decided to let them back out into the back yard, as we knew they loved being outside. They took off...

For a day or two we didn't see them:( My husband would go out back, calling their names out over and over again. Finally, he heard a little "meow" and out popped Pretu from the tall grass. His brother Cosa was not far behind. What a great reunion!

They stayed with us for several years in PA. They loved to play in the yard. They even loved to play in the snow; here you can see them playing in a tunnel we made after a blizzard one year.

Cosa has since passed, but we still have our Pretu. He's moved with us across the country and now is a very happy, spoiled, fat cat.

My mother sent this to me and I just had to share it with all of you. Having shared my life with animals for many years I know they are capable of love. I have worked with many rescued cats and kittens who were terrified, traumatized, ill or neglected and each one has touched me and made me a better person. Honestly, at times, I really think they know what it means to be rescued. I know there are many animal lovers in this group and I hope you enjoy this. Please feel free to share any stories you have about how animals have shown you love.

YouTube - Christian the Lion - the full story (in HQ)

Very touching story, though that big cat could maul the hell out of you, even just being "playful". One swipe of a claw, and you'd be picking up intestines. Not recommended... :rolleyes:

Wow that is a great story, but I must admit I was tense the whole time wondering if Christian was going to attack every time he jumped on one of them.

We have two ferals, SG, that we trapped at the gas station about 3 years ago as kittens. Did the same thing you did, but I still have a pawprint on the ceiling of our bathroom from the first time we tried to pet them! :)
Nowadays they are happy, sassy girls that sleep with us and chat with DH over coffee every morning. Jinx and Minx are their real names, but one we call the sausage for her shape (she's a black/white like yours), and the other is mostly called the Tabby-nation. Wish I had some pics, yours are adorable, Simple Girl. Good job on the rescue.

Wonderful stories--about Christian and the two little feral cats. We have two rescue cats that we got as kittens--too small to be weaned, but we kept at it. They are now eight years old and the best pets in the world.

Here are pics of Coventry and Paddington. Two "bottle babies" my DH and I recently cared for. They are both in new homes now:)

Sarah and Simple Girl - I love your stories about the feral kitties!

Attachments

• Coventry.JPG
    Coventry.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Paddington.JPG
    Paddington.JPG
    407.5 KB · Views: 4
Here are pics of Coventry and Paddington. Two "bottle babies" my DH and I recently cared for. They are both in new homes now:)

Sarah and Simple Girl - I love your stories about the feral kitties!

Oh my goodness, how sweet are those little ones! :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom