Martha

Moderator Emeritus
dollar_origami_by_won_park_yatzer7.jpg
one_dollar_koi_new_ver__side_by_oru.jpg

won-park_dollar-origami_msp11.jpg

By the best, Won Park.
imgres

Wow, those are great!

I do the basic crane and learned how to do the dollar heart fold for the "tooth fairy" visit last year on youtube! i heart youtube - can learn practically anything on there...video's are waaaay better than books. I have a couple of origami books that are pretty useless because the instructions are sooo hard to follow on the 1000 step things....

I think that that top one is a trick. Probably just a real camera wrapped in cash. As a matter of fact, that second one could also be a butterfly wrapped up too. I'm just sayin...

I have seen videos of this guy folding dollar bills and no tricks. He is an amazing designer and patient folder.

did it take anyone else a while to figure out what the first one was?

This is like those spring loaded nylon laundry bags. Once you get them out of the zipper bag, you have to know the trick to getting them back in!

MP1 ($175)
MP2 ($100)
MP3 ($100)
CO ($148.25)
Hero (Button) ($174.50)
SB ($94.35)
BB ($100)
UTG ($128.55)
UTG+1 ($100)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q
heart.gif
, A
club.gif

5 folds, CO bets $2, Hero raises $10, 2 folds, CO calls $8

Flop: ($21.50) J
spade.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $13, CO raises $32, Hero ?

MP1 ($175)
MP2 ($100)
MP3 ($100)
CO ($148.25)
Hero (Button) ($174.50)
SB ($94.35)
BB ($100)
UTG ($128.55)
UTG+1 ($100)

heart.gif
, A
club.gif

spade.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(2 players)

AQo sux

On the button it's a good starting hand.

Dominates most unpaired hands and is only slightly worse than a coinflip against all pocket pairs except AA, KK, and QQ.

MP1 ($175)
MP2 ($100)
MP3 ($100)
CO ($148.25)
Hero (Button) ($174.50)
SB ($94.35)
BB ($100)
UTG ($128.55)
UTG+1 ($100)

heart.gif
, A
club.gif

spade.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(2 players)

That's not a big raise. Looks like Hero would have to call $19 with a pot of ~ $76. He'd be getting 4/1 on his $. Not an automatic call, CO could already have a made straight, but i'd probably make the call.

That's not a big raise. Looks like Hero would have to call $19 with a pot of ~ $76. He'd be getting 4/1 on his $. Not an automatic call, CO could already have a made straight, but i'd probably make the call.

I agree. Make the call . . .

Straight seems unlikely considering he'd have to have lead in with pocket 9, Queen or 9, 7. Not impossible but why open with a $2 bet with such crap. Either go big or go home with a hand like that.

If he's got a big hand its probably more likely that he slow played pocket jacks . . . but you still have a couple of outs for that.

I am absolutely in awe! I watched this four times. It looks so easy but doing it is so far beyond my capabilities it's not even funny. I can fold t-shirts, but not as well as that woman has demonstrated.

I think I'll go off and watch it another 17,000 times, now...

Well, I watched it four times, then went upstairs, got a shirt, and folded it perfectly. I must be a natural. Do NOT tell my wife!

Edit: Shoot -- she just woke up from her nap, saw me do it, and said "I guess we have a new person to put away laundry."

Well, I watched it four times, then went upstairs, got a shirt, and folded it perfectly. I must be a natural. Do NOT tell my wife!

Edit: Shoot -- she just woke up from her nap, saw me do it, and said "I guess we have a new person to put away laundry."

OK, I can do it too, but it doesn't look as neat. I think it might be the ratty old stretched out tshirt I used. But it is an easy way to fold.

I agree. Make the call . . .

Straight seems unlikely considering he'd have to have lead in with pocket 9, Queen or 9, 7. Not impossible but why open with a $2 bet with such crap. Either go big or go home with a hand like that.

If he's got a big hand its probably more likely that he slow played pocket jacks . . . but you still have a couple of outs for that.

Actually, you have more than a couple of outs, even against a set of jacks. You have a double gut. With the two spades on the board, maybe on average seven outs. And, if he just has a pair, maybe another ace might help you (although it might cost you a lot of money if he has JJ, AJ, or AT).

I am positive NEV with a lot of starting hands -- but I think not with AQo, and definitely not not after a check raise. Without the two spades on the board, maybe I would call, given the relatively deep stacks.

So how did it play out, Mr. Hero?

Maybe we should start a poker thread . . .

OhSoClose

Back
Top Bottom