Do You Remember this Song

Yes I do. That song reminds me of the musical Hair. In 1969 I was a Psych Aide at the Illinois Psychiatric Institute. We took a group to see a Hair matinee. The actors would run around in the audience trying to get them to sing and dance along with the show troupe. Needless to say, they quickly learned to stay away from my section :)

I loved their music. :D
The 5th Dimension was played a lot of the NYC AM stations I could tune in on my little handheld transistor radio. :blush:
Anybody remember Cousin Brucie?

I think it's, like, the original form that the Beatles' White CD came out in.
:LOL: Oh, yeah ... got it. The PDA (pre-digital age). Did they have electricity back then?

I remember it well. In fact, I remember seeing them perform it on TV. Only thing is, it was probably a b&w TV I watched it on!

Thanks chinaco -- even though posts like this always cost me an hour or two on youtube :)

Coach

Thanks chinaco -- even though posts like this always cost me an hour or two on youtube :)

Coach

I saw Hair about 1969 or '70 when I was living at Venice Beach, in the outdoor pavilion that was about halfway between the Santa Monica Pier and the Washington Boulevard Pier on the beach. Typical wonderfully cool California summer night, excellent community theater group and and enough grass in the air to keep you stoned even if you weren't breathing. I was already a little too experienced in life to believe any of that Aquarian stuff, but I sure loved the way it made us mellow. Groovy man! Outtasight!

Ha

Yep, saw them do it live at Purdue Univ. Victory Varieties ca 1970. Excellent performance by a great group. Speaking of "albums" - still have about 800 of the antiques in storage on the mainland. Keep intending to transfer them to more current technology, but I seem to have too many things to do when I'm near my stash. Figure at my age, I'll probably never get the job done. Sad in some ways, but liberating in other ways. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom