do you weigh your high school weight?

At 132, I'm about 3 pounds lighter than I weighed in HS, but the same as I weighed in college. Like Athena, I'm trying to keep my weight up.

Last edited:
I am too old to remember my high school weight :D

Actually, unless you were in a sport that had a weigh in, how often did you weigh yourself at 17-18?

Many girls weighed themselves fairly regularly, I suspect. I weighed myself whenever I took a shower at home.

Actually, unless you were in a sport that had a weigh in, how often did you weigh yourself at 17-18?

Football--I remember the inflated number that was put on the roster/PR stuff. (Still nowhere near as much as I hit in college when working out .... HS days were before serious weight training was a thing in my part of the midwest.)

E.T.A.--my part of the midwest was the very town noted in CardsFan's location!

Last edited:

Fair enough. How about the guys?

I never weighed myself in high school. I don't think we had a scale at home. We had annual physical exams for high school and I just went by that weight until the next year.

I would look sick if I weighed the same weight I did when I was in high school. I was probably barely 100 lbs then (5'5"). I was skinny all my life. and I think I was still about 104lbs in my 20s. I didn't look bad then (although I looked very thin), but I think I would look gaunt now at that weight. I weigh 126lbs now.

About 20 lbs more than in high school. About 10 lbs more than when first married at 25.

I am 5ft 7in, weighed 95 lbs in high school. I just could not put on weight back then. Started to put on weight in my 30s, now I am 138 lbs, and trying to get it down to 128 lbs. No way I want to be at my high school weight.

No. But on the other hand, I had to put rocks in my pockets (seriously) to pass the weigh-in to be allowed to donate blood.

Was around 165-175 lbs. I dont exactly remember. Was pretty lean and athletic.

I’m about 20 lbs over that now. Was about 50 pounds over it 2 years ago.

Lord,no! I was so skinny in high school and beyond (135# or so) that the Navy judged me unfit for service, but "medically repairable". That meant I could stay in if I, apparently, thought I might gain weight at some point. Gained a few pounds over the next four years, and within the next five decades got all the way up to 178#. at 6'4". Fat Boy.

Now I'm shrinking back again, down to 158 or so. Yeesh.

Nope, was sick in HS. For the past 7 years I’ve been around my healthy college weight/DL weight. I fit fine in nostalgic items that survived wardrobe weedouts. During stressful career times, I was up +10 lbs.

However, shoe size has increased since HS and there’s no going back.

I don't remember my weight in high school, but I remember my height. I graduated at 5'10", and I grew to 6'3" by the end of grad school. I'm still 6'3" on the button, so I'm sure I weigh a lot more now than I did in HS.

In HS I was 6' 150 -155 pounds or so. My brother and I tried Weight On to beef up. It didn't help. We should have lifted weights instead of running cross country but that wasn't a thing. Over the decades I gained a pound a year like most of my compatriots until I was 195. In 2014, I knocked it back to 162 (my target) and have remained there until today.

I think this is an anomalous, self-selected group of skinny or health-conscious outliers. Most Americans are way over their HS weight, and way over their weight at 30.

Age 16 5'10" 160 (first driver's license)
Age 57 5'10" 164 (today for this thread)

I am right at my 190 lbs HS football weight. But I do have to admit that the weight has shifted a bit. At 62 and fairly active, I am OK with that.

HA HA HA HA-nope not even close! I was 5'11'' 150 lbs.size 11 shoes. I grew to 6'6" &190lbs.size 12shoes over the next year. I stayed pretty steady at those for a few years. Wore 34x34 pants and L shirts. Then in my 40s weight started creeping up to around 225 and size 36x34 pants. Now I am 6'4" 255lbs. size 42x34 and size 13 shoe. Have copd can't walk from my back yard up the incline to the front yard 100 yards to mailbox without giving out of breath and I hate it. My DW on the otherhand is still within 6 lbs. of her high school weight, which is too low but, I know enough to just leave that alone!!!

I think this is an anomalous, self-selected group of skinny or health-conscious outliers. Most Americans are way over their HS weight, and way over their weight at 30.

Totally agree. Those of us who are already retired have the luxury of time to take walks, go to the gym, etc. and don't have mental or physical job-related stress. A healthy diet takes time and money. So do decent medical and dental care.

Fairly close, high school 6' 170 and now 6'2" 175. Have always been active -- still run/exercise regularly. For a couple of years in my 40s, I did creep up to 185 or so but have never really had an issue with weight (except when I wanted to gain weight but had little success).

Am I supposed to? I saw this being discussed elsewhere by someone who said their doctor had said it. It was possibly/probably nonsense but made me wonder how common it was.

I currently weigh 10 lbs over high school weight but I am not sure that good/bad/indifferent fwiw. I was just curious.

3 months ago I weighed 24 lbs more than high school - no doc has ever mentioned to me one way or the other but I have always fallen somewhere in "normal" bmi - just higher or lower so it isn't hugely different I guess. I'd like to lose another 7 lbs but not sure how realistic it is with my motivation and activity levels. Trying but it is at the point of being more difficult now.

Do you have as much hair on your head as you did in HS? I do. I have waaaay more money. I'm actually 1/2 inch taller than I was in HS. Weight? We're not going to talk about that. :LOL:

As a freshman I was 4 foot 8 inches and weighed 110 pounds. I'm a lot different now.

I'm the same as my college weight. I was too skinny in high school.

Back
Top Bottom