Done with your taxes yet?

I picked up a copy of turbo tax last week and ran the numbers. I was also hit by the AMT issue and spent all evening playing around with estimates to see what are tax hit is this year. Because of the AMT issue, I actually had to fill out the forms myself with the correct exemption to see if we'll have to pay AMT. Fortunately, it looks like we won't.

I'll be happy when I'm done with taxes this year. It's been a bit of a nightmare, since both of us are now working and I did a bunch of selling to rebuild our portfolio. Fortunately, future tax years should be much simpler.

I'll have to wait until March when I get the W2's, K-1's, 1099's, etc. Then I'll give to our accountant to do. I may get turbotax or something else first to get a rough idea where I stand.

I hate tax time. Fed and state returns for both biz and personal... I'll go through 1 or 2 ink cartridges, couple hundred sheets of paper and gallons of coffee before I call it quits.

All done, just waiting for the final version of Tax Act and, of course, all the 1099's. Nice to see most banks and brokerages now have provided on-line downloads of the forms. Of course not all have but it is a step in the right direction. Usually, have the withholding figured so that I owe them some money, but near end of year puttering almost always makes a refund -- this year close but still a $306 refund. Also, I want to be accurate and punctual as one Son works for IRS.

Back
Top Bottom