Found Old Minolta Camera

rk911

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
While cleaning out my late BIL's home we found a Minolta Maxxum 3xi 35mm SLR camera. Minolta stopped making/selling 35mm film cameras 10-12 years ago. This camera is physically flawless so I'm guessing it was purchased new. The camera has a battery (2CR5R) but it's dead. No surprise since the camera has likely been sitting for years. I can find replacement batteries (2CR5, not 2CR5R) but not a charger. I'm hoping someone here has or is familiar with this camera and can point me to a charger or tell me if that battery can even be recharged. I've done what I think is a pretty thorough search on eBay, Amazon and Google with no results.

Also..are the 2CR5 batteries a direct replacement for the 2CR5R batteries?

Hoping to get this camera working in order to sell or possibly donate it to a film student.

It looks to me like you can buy one for $20-25 on ebay. I am not sure that I would buy a new battery

Don’t spend too much on it. I looked up sold ones like your model on eBay. Most sell around $35 with exceptions higher and lower. Used SLRs aren’t worth as much as people think.

Don’t spend too much on it. I looked up sold ones like your model on eBay. Most sell around $35 with exceptions higher and lower. Used SLRs aren’t worth as much as people think.

True, but if he has any of the additional lenses, they may be worth something.

i get that but if we don't sell it we may give it away to a student. we did that with my old 35mm Canon. as for rechargeable or not...this may explain why i cant find a charger.

i thought i'd update this thread.

the batteries and chargers for the cams arrived a a few days ago. all of the cams (except the ancient polaroid) are working. trying to figure out how the JVC camcorder works without the manual took a few minutes and the resolution on the CoolPix cams leaves a lot to be desired compared to my iPhone 7. i don't have any film for the Minolta but the built-in flash and shutter operates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom