Gas engine powered water pump help

Got the pitman arms done for my pump project. Nothing fancy but will do the job. I'm not in any big hurry just putz at it when I have time or feel like working on it. The one hanging on the fence is what I made to duplicate the set on existing pump

Attachments

• IMG_9744.jpg
    IMG_9744.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9659.jpg
    IMG_9659.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 9
Have you looked into a solar powered pump? I have a neighbor who has one, very simple arrangement but it's not fast, pumps to a storage tank that he can then run to a pressurizing system for household use. I don't think he spent more than $500 or so on it and that was probably 15 years ago. Probably cheaper these days.
I recommend Googling Solar Well Pump and see if there's something that would work for you.

Amazon has a small unit for under $400
Here's a link with 5 options:
https://www.amazon.com/ECO-WORTHY-Deep-Well-Water-System/dp/B09D7QMRJK?th=1

Last edited:
Are ya going to use bearings or bushings on the bell crank to pitman arm connection? I could imagine wear and wood splitting on the up stroke.

Are ya going to use bearings or bushings on the bell crank to pitman arm connection? I could imagine wear and wood splitting on the up stroke.
Very good question! The ones here I see in use in remote pastures that have old arms don't have any bushing or bearings. You would think that they would be made with a bushings but they aren't.

I did split a 1" thin wall pvc pipe and installed around the shaft and that would work. On the original arms just, grease was used with hard wood and that was it. Very little wear that I could on the arms and I'm sure that those old arms are 40 to 50 years old easily.
I will just grease and not use the pvc plastic bushings I made and see what happens. I have hard wood glued and inlayed on the arms where there is holes for attaching the piston and gears box.

skipro33 >>> I have, and the systems seem really interesting and would work fine. I'm trying to go old school and not sure the solar setup would survive the thieves. This will be at a remote area at ranch, and I do get trespassers and this would be easier to carry off than my heavy old system.

Back
Top Bottom