"I Ate Your Halloween Candy" from Kimmel

I was thinking a sequel to these videos would be for parents to tell their high school seniors that they spent all the college savings money.

I haven't raised children (yet). But what I can appreciate (from my personal past) is how even sometimes just a single incident in the very early formative years can indeed create lasting events later on. It's most likely entirely different if you play a practical joke on a teenager, who at least has developed the understanding of humor and joking around. A 3 or 4 year old does not have this development or understanding.

You might not see the similarities, but it would be like if a parent held their young child suspended over a cliff and teased the child that they will let the child go and drop them down. The parent knows the child is in no danger, as they will not let go, but the child is screaming their head off because they don't want their parent to drop them.

While a single instance like that could have lasting implications, I'm also willing to bet that if a parent is willing to do this to their child this time, it possibly isn't the first time, and probably won't be the last time.

Some people see no harm in joking around with people who do not have a strong cognitive development and understanding; I, however, will not subject my future children to tricks and treatment like this.

That was really funny ! No self respecting parent would eat all the candy (nobody wants skittles ) but reese's peanut butter cups are fair play .

At least you had candies. And you did get to eat a piece or two, yes? If it's any consolation to you, I never did have any. Nothing for anybody to take from me.

I warned you to bring a decoy ketchup sandwich but would you listen? Nooooooo.

NW-B, no, I didn't even get to eat one piece of candy. It was all taken from me. Darn it, I had a big pillow case full of candy treats. A lot of skittles. But, I guess everybody loves skittles. Anyhow, back in high school, there was this chick, Ame Thyst, at least that's what I think her name was. As I remember her, she was an experienced embroider, even back then. But, what I really recall was her suggestion that I bring a decoy ketchup sandwich to school to protect myself from kids taking my lunch. I didn't listen to her, and I've regretted it every day of my life for not paying attention to her suggestion. So, this Halloween I put a couple of decoy ketchup sandwiches in my pockets. Sure enough, when my candy and pillow case were taken from me, the decoy ketchup sandwiches were overlooked and I got to eat the them walking back home. It was the best Halloween ever!!! I often wonder what ever happened to Ame Thyst. This is sort of embarrassing, but I think about her almost every day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom