I'm On Peanut Watch

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've developed a peanut habit where I love peanuts.

Now I order them from Sam's Club. Two 5 lb bags at a time.

I ran out about two weeks ago and have been trying to reorder but out of stock.

I started to wonder, is peanuts the new eggs or toilet paper? Then I realized ... the shortage must be from all these football parties and the big game party on Sunday.

At least now I know :popcorn:.

We haven't notice it and we buy several cans of mixed nuts every time we go shopping. The mixed nuts we buy (Planters) is about 50% peanuts. Price is up, like just about everything, but the stores seem fully stocked.

We haven't notice it and we buy several cans of mixed nuts every time we go shopping. The mixed nuts we buy (Planters) is about 50% peanuts. Price is up, like just about everything, but the stores seem fully stocked.

You must be my good luck charm as I just checked Sam's Club again. Still low in supply but I was able to order.

Peanuts should arrive tomorrow. In time for me to much on during the game :cool:.

We buy the 1.99 dry roasted ones at WallyMart. Good, cheap snack.

Haven't noticed any widespread, persistent peanut shortages around here, but certain types of peanuts are frequently either very low stock or out of stock at my local supermarket. I buy the "low sodium with sea salt" cocktail peanuts, and unfortunately for me, this is the only specific variety of cocktail peanuts that's ever out of stock. All the other varieties (full salt, no salt, honey roasted, dry roasted, Spanish, etc. etc.) are always very plentiful. In a pinch, I just buy the full salt and unsalted varieties and mix them together.

There are much worse things to have as snacks. I say eat all you want and enjoy.

I spoke too soon. My Sam's Club order got cancelled. Unsalted peanuts out of stock :mad:.

I'm going back to the Super Bowl theory and back to peanut watch.

Last edited:
Costco has peanuts and other nuts in HUGE quantities. :cool:

+1 We are regular eaters of the Sachs shelled unsalted peanuts at Costco. I cannot ever remembering them being out or even low stock in our area.

The dry roasted peanuts from Aldi are good.

In my teaching days, I did a lesson on finding the amount of energy in a peanut. A single, dry roasted peanut will produce quite a flame and enough heat to bring 50mL of water nearly to the boil. :D

I had a co-w*rker from Georgia (the one next to Florida - not Russia.) He would always return from his trip back home with boiled peanuts. Only he called them "bowled" peanuts. Never cared for them.

A couple of our guys in the lab would eat salted-in-the-shell, unshelled peanuts - with the shells still on. Whoa!

Another guy loved to add (shelled) salted peanuts to his bottle of coke. Huh?

Lots of interesting rituals around eating peanuts, I guess though YMMV.

Another guy loved to add (shelled) salted peanuts to his bottle of coke. Huh?

Lots of interesting rituals around eating peanuts, I guess though YMMV.
This was fairly common among the country folk where I grew up. I tried it but was not a fan.

Peanut butter is becoming expensive and rare here. I am also wandering why this is. Natural, Stir and no sugar, is often >$4.50 for a jar. I am hunting for good bargains where I can find them; but many stores are out.

This was fairly common among the country folk where I grew up. I tried it but was not a fan.

Heh, heh, yeah, this guy was "country folk." In fact, during the growing season, on the week end, he would go home to his mom's farm (maybe 100 miles south) and load up his truck with melons and sell them to everyone in the parking lot. Definitely country folk in the best of ways! We all loved that guy. He passed just a year ago.

Peanut butter is becoming expensive and rare here. I am also wandering why this is. Natural, Stir and no sugar, is often >$4.50 for a jar. I am hunting for good bargains where I can find them; but many stores are out.

We buy the Kroger brand natural, no sugar added and it runs $1.99 here in Colorado.

Peanuts in my Coke was a staple when I was a kid playing in the vacant lot just down the road. Not a care in the world! Now days we get the large can of dry roasted from Costco.

Picture from our local Walmart yesterday. I think the "Peanuts only" are on the bottom shelf.

Attachments

• p1.jpeg
    p1.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The unsalted peanuts shortage must be a Sam's Club thing.

I just did another search at their website, still out of stock. Then I did a search using private mode just to make sure not a local thing. Still not in stock.

I dunno :blush:.

If you need an emergency "fix" I can send you a can of them. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I had a co-w*rker from Georgia (the one next to Florida - not Russia.) He would always return from his trip back home with boiled peanuts. Only he called them "bowled" peanuts. Never cared for them.

Traveling through Ga, SC, and Virginia you will often see roadside stands selling boiled peanuts. Occasionally it will also be spelled "Bald" peanuts. :D

They can be quite good but unless you know your supplier you have to take a chance. Always ask for a few to taste test first before you decide to buy.

Cheers!

I just did another search at their website, still out of stock. Then I did a search using private mode just to make sure not a local thing. Still not in stock.

Just plain Peanuts... Sorry, not for me after reviewing the link below. I would have posted this link in the funny joke thread but it's been posted there before I think, and anyway, it's more appropriate here at this time. (My joke for the day!) After reading this, you may never eat plain Peanuts again. :)

The Preacher and the Peanuts | Jokes of the day (51541)

Last edited:

Sams isn't as bad as COSTCO. If I find something I really like at COSTCO, they either stop carrying it or run out for weeks at a time. Very frustrating though YMMV.

Traveling through Ga, SC, and Virginia you will often see roadside stands selling boiled peanuts. Occasionally it will also be spelled "Bald" peanuts. :D

They can be quite good but unless you know your supplier you have to take a chance. Always ask for a few to taste test first before you decide to buy.

Boiled peanuts are delicious, but they are so intensely salty you have to be careful. Eat too many in one sitting, especially on a hot summer day, and watch out! :sick:

Back
Top Bottom