I'm On Peanut Watch

I'm digging further in the unsalted peanuts mystery.

Normally, I buy from Sams Club at about $6.50 for a 5 lb bag. As of today, still out of stock. But I see salted available.

Then I go to Walmart's site since Sams Club/Walmart part of some company. At Walmart's site unsalted is available but at about $25 a 5 lb bag. Too expensive for my blood. So, I keep waiting.

I pretty much just use dry roasted unsalted peanuts for Thai food cooking.

However, I do occasionally eat boiled peanuts, and I’ve made them very successfully myself in a crockpot. You have to start with green peanuts, not dried, and they are only available in season unless frozen. I’ve only ever seen them in the southeast. In the small town near DF’s place on of the area big peanut farms sell them roadside most of the year, and I find they are to my taste (rather than over salty or overcooked as many are). Very different flavor and texture from the roasted nuts but quite tasty IMO.

Now I'm thinking I may have ordered four 5 lb bags of peanuts from Sam's Club :LOL:.

I got up early in the morning and placed an order. They are only sold by 2 bags at a time. Within about an hour I got an email saying order is cancelled.

Darn, so I try again, this time also adding some paper towels as I'm almost out. Expecting another cancelled message, I don't get one.

I check in the order history and now status shows two active orders which includes the one that was supposedly cancelled.

Think I'll just squirrel away the peanuts for the winter of 2023.

Peanuts are a high fat/high calorie food. Also the salt content on some can be very high.

I don't think they are an "eat all you want" food at any age. Especially if weight/age risk factors are high. As an occasional "handful" snack, they are good.

But, people gonna do what they do.

Peanuts are a high fat/high calorie food. Also the salt content on some can be very high.

I don't think they are an "eat all you want" food at any age. Especially if weight/age risk factors are high. As an occasional "handful" snack, they are good.

But, people gonna do what they do.

I can "eat all I want" - of Romaine lettuce and broccoli :LOL:

DH is seven inches taller, and a lot more muscular (heavier) than I am. He doesn't have a problem with nuts or peanuts (a legume). Life is not fair!

I can "eat all I want" - of Romaine lettuce and broccoli :LOL:

DH is seven inches taller, and a lot more muscular (heavier) than I am. He doesn't have a problem with nuts or peanuts (a legume). Life is not fair!

Yes. Life isn't fair. If only, we could "see" health inside the arteries and body. If only, being thin or thinner was a sign of health. It is a jungle out there.:mad:

Yes. Life isn't fair. If only, we could "see" health inside the arteries and body. If only, being thin or thinner was a sign of health. It is a jungle out there.:mad:

Talk about unfair. No matter how healthy we eat or how much we exercise - none of us gets out of here alive.:(

Now I'm thinking I may have ordered four 5 lb bags of peanuts from Sam's Club :LOL:.

I check in the order history and now status shows two active orders which includes the one that was supposedly cancelled.

Think I'll just squirrel away the peanuts for the winter of 2023.

I see what you did.... :LOL:

My dad grew up on a peanut farm in NC. He ate lots of peanuts every day of his life. He lived to be almost 96 yo with no health issues until his last year of life. I love peanuts and eat them every day (and I'm not overweight). I mostly buy them from Costco but if we take a trip to NC we buy the raw ones in 5 lb. bags and roast them ourselves. Hot roasted peanuts are the best.

Here at last!

I'm the proud owner :dance: of two 5 lb bags of unsalted peanuts from Sam's Club with 2 more bags arriving tomorrow.

This should last awhile I think.

Attachments

• nuts.JPG
    nuts.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom