In Thailand, don't mess with the locals...

Makes sense to me. Would you go into some bar in South LA or East LA and start drinking and dancing with the local women? In fact, you had better go carefully and politely even in Santa Monica. ;)

Sometimes it amazes me how much tourists do get away with. :)

Even many of the locals who are directly benefitting from tourist dollars are not impressed by tourist habits.

Ha

HaHa said:
Makes sense to me. Would you go into some bar in South LA or East LA and start drinking and dancing with the local women? In fact, you had better go carefully and politely even in Santa Monica. ;)

Agreed

HaHa said:

I hear ya :D

HaHa said:

That would certainly apply to the full moon parties on Ko Phangan, where this incident happenned. I attended one while I was travelling through there and never had I seen such hedonism. Well, that is until I went to Burning Man a year later.

<<<from the story>>>>He was lying on the floor of Drop In Bar on Rin beach when police reached the scene at about 2am. Police were told the tourist and four Israeli friends had arrived on the island for a full moon party.

Two thoughts: lying on the floor of Drop In Bar===there's something about that combination of words :eek:

So maybe their full moon party is not the same as the ones we had at ye ol frat :confused:

And don't ask an Estonian to pay a large bar tab either.............

"An Estonian man has been charged with beating a waiter to death after being presented with a large bill. The man, identified as 26-year old Aivar Paphose, was arrested on the island of Cyprus and remains in prison awaiting court proceedings. Police allege Paphose had been drinking at a nightclub and became violent when asked to pay a bill of 150 Cypriot pounds (258 euro)."

http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/17634/

Back
Top Bottom