Informed Delivery No Longer Working

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We have had Informed Delivery for years and it worked fine until a few weeks ago we quit getting any emails from Informed Delivery. We check our USPS account and there is nothing there either. But we are receiving mail, we are just not getting notifications. We have not changed our address or email. We have checked junk mail and there is no notifications there either. Any one else having problems with Informed delivery? Any suggestions?

Sorry, mine still works, daily emails that match my actual mail.

Are you saying that when you go into your "my usps" there's nothing there either? Is it possible you've been opted out and have to re-enroll?

I have been receiving my daily Informed Delivery email, so from my perspective it is working.

I don't use any notification feature for Informed Delivery, however.

Perhaps if you re-enrolled it may fix it? Just speculating.

-gauss

Mine still works but I don't get an email every day... just sporatically. But often there are no images so the email is a bit useless. The service is only slightly better than nothing and worth evey penny that I pay for it.

Mine also still works.

As a former data security guy, I am suspicious that somebody may have hijacked your account to snoop into your private life. Make certain the email listed is accurate. Check for things like a 0 replacing an O, etc. Change the password.

Working for me... Got mine for today's mail a couple of hours ago. Really a great service... It has saved me a lot of 30 mile round trips to the PO in the past year or so. If I'm waiting on something, I know if it's come in or not before deciding to make the trip.

Another benefit, our postmaster tends to forget to put a notice in our box to pick up something at the PO... I have lost count at how many times I've shown them on my smartphone that "it has come in". Then they will go in the back office and "find it". Without the smartphone "proof" they don't really seem to try to find anything.

Last edited:
Mine has worked relatively flawlessly since I started it a few years ago. I love the service. Sorry the OP is having issues. I would double check your settings in your online account. Email notifications may have been turned off by some USPS processing by mistake.

About a year ago mine stopped working, and I started this thread:
https://www.early-retirement.org/fo...very-rarely-shows-anything-lately-110522.html
No change since then.

My theory is that some sorting facilities got too backed up and they just stopped scanning most mail. I haven't thought too much of it, but it's too bad, I liked getting a heads up on what mail is coming since my box is 2 miles away from my house.

Thanks everyone. I have checked everything on my online account and all is OK. Good idea about changing the password, will do, never hurts to do that. I think the problem may be with my local post office (or whichever post office does the scanning). I saw on Nextdoor that other people on my neighborhood are no longer getting informed delivery notices. Maybe the camera that takes the picture for informed delivery is broken. :)

Mine also still works.

As a former data security guy, I am suspicious that somebody may have hijacked your account to snoop into your private life. Make certain the email listed is accurate. Check for things like a 0 replacing an O, etc. Change the password.

Yes, this could be trouble, they may be waiting for something that looks valuable.

Thanks everyone. I have checked everything on my online account and all is OK. Good idea about changing the password, will do, never hurts to do that. I think the problem may be with my local post office (or whichever post office does the scanning). I saw on Nextdoor that other people on my neighborhood are no longer getting informed delivery notices. Maybe the camera that takes the picture for informed delivery is broken. :)

Considering the potential for bad things, why not just call the local PO to find out? I've found "people on NextDoor" to often be terribly misinformed (yet act as if they know for sure).

-ERD50

...We check our USPS account and there is nothing there either. But we are receiving mail, we are just not getting notifications...

If there are no images in your online account and no messages like "There is a mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image that is included in Monday's mail", and you have received letter sized mail in the past week, that means that your mail is no longer being scanned at the sorting center. This could be an equipment problem, or they might have turned off scanning for some reason.

You won't get a daily email unless there's some incoming mail for them to tell you about. If they're not scanning, they don't have anything to tell you, so there will be no email.

Yes, this could be trouble, they may be waiting for something that looks valuable.

Considering the potential for bad things, why not just call the local PO to find out? I've found "people on NextDoor" to often be terribly misinformed (yet act as if they know for sure).

-ERD50

How do you get anyone at the Post Office to answer the phone? I have asked at the local Post Office, they tell me all the scanning is done at the Raleigh Post Office and the local people don't know anything about it. I have called the Raleigh Post Office and no one ever answers the phone.

We get a daily email, even on Sundays, if we have mail or not.

This. I had a similar issue a few months ago. I swung by the post office and indeed it was a local issue. The scanner that was used needed some part that was on backorder. About a week later, it started working just fine. As far as getting hold of the PO (or more accurately the destination sort center) that does the scanning could be difficult (as mentioned) but folks here are pretty friendly and getting the info wasn't difficult.

As an aside, a few years ago, I was getting my Dad's mailbox moved up to the front door because of his disability. It took almost 6 months to get it done. During the ordeal, I sent a register/certified mail/signature required letter (with the required doc letter) to the post master who approves it. I mailed it AT THE COUNTER at the very same PO where the post master worked and guess what? It was NEVER delivered. Honest to God. You can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
How do you get anyone at the Post Office to answer the phone? I have asked at the local Post Office, they tell me all the scanning is done at the Raleigh Post Office and the local people don't know anything about it. I have called the Raleigh Post Office and no one ever answers the phone.

Your local PO where you go to send stuff may not be the hub that your delivery carrier operates from. In my case, they are across the street, but often, there are 3 or more satellite PO's that link to a hub.

Mine has a back door service desk that I can go to if needed, but better yet, ask your carrier. She likely works out of that location and can give you the scoop.

But yes, either way, a local issue is the most likely culprit.

Mine also still works.

+1
Changing the password is a great idea.

Mine works fine too. I really like this service & always expect that USPS will start charging for it one day.

How do you get anyone at the Post Office to answer the phone?

I have called the Raleigh Post Office and no one ever answers the phone.
They are practicing for their next job at the IRS or SSA. I think it's a prerequisite to demonstrate your ability to not answer the phones to get such jobs.

Last edited:
Y I've found "people on NextDoor" to often be terribly misinformed (yet act as if they know for sure).

-ERD50

There are a lot of people suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect on social media sites like NextDoor.

I have been known to exhibit symptoms myself. Including here. :blush:

Your local PO where you go to send stuff may not be the hub that your delivery carrier operates from. In my case, they are across the street, but often, there are 3 or more satellite PO's that link to a hub.

Mine has a back door service desk that I can go to if needed, but better yet, ask your carrier. She likely works out of that location and can give you the scoop.

But yes, either way, a local issue is the most likely culprit.

I have no mail carrier, my mail comes to a Post Office box. I asked the employee at the Post Office where I have the box and they say they don't do the scanning and had no idea about it. The referred me to a Post Office in a town about 45 minutes away and gave me a phone number but no one ever answers the number.

We have had Informed Delivery for years and it worked fine until a few weeks ago we quit getting any emails from Informed Delivery. We check our USPS account and there is nothing there either. But we are receiving mail, we are just not getting notifications. We have not changed our address or email. We have checked junk mail and there is no notifications there either. Any one else having problems with Informed delivery? Any suggestions?

spam bucket?

Back
Top Bottom