Lost a good friend today...........

It's been 6 years since my much loved 17 y.o.cat went off to die, and I had to put Mom's 15 y.o. miniature poodle down in June and am still not over either death. It's such a drag that we have to lose our unconditionally loving pets isn't it? And I'm soooo sorry to read of your loss as I remember seeing your doggie's photos before, and know what a pal you had there.
You're not a wuss, but a caring human. Lucky doggie and lucky owner both.

That's tough man, really tough. We lost a seven year old dog to cancer, had the mobile vet come and put him to sleep on his favorite spot on the bed, hardest thing I've ever done.

Make yourself a nice little shrine with some pictures and maybe an old food dish. Sounds stupid but we've got one and there is something strangely comforting about it.

Best wishes, have a beer or eight.

Dawg, so sorry for your loss. Been there, done that. Almost made me cry just reading all the condolences. Best wishes.

Sad, I'm very sorry about your loss. I know how it feels to put your best friend to sleep. Sorry!

What a beautiful picture....

With sympathy,
spncity

I'm so sorry to hear this and will miss hearing stories about your walks- so sorry.

I'm sorry for your loss. She was a good dog, with a well-trained human!

ta,
mew

So sorry Dawg !!!
May the sadness fade and something (maybe a pup) takes it place.
Sorry man,
Steve

Oh Dawg, I'm so sad to hear this. ((((Huggs)))))

Didn't read all the posts in this thread 'cuz it would have made me sad.

The best little dog we ever had was put down on 7/1 of this year. Got him from a shelter - goofy little spaniel who was well behaved and loved to walk and hike on our VT hills. Developed kidney disease and we just watched him go until we had to end it.

The little rascals tug at your heart. We're just at the point where we're considering another one.

Thanks all. A good 8 1/2 years. But such is life. Whenever you get a pet, you know this day will come. But it's worth it.

I'm very sorry. It's one of the hardest things we have to face. With other humans it's out of our control. But as a loving and responsible pet owner you have to make the call. I've done it several times, and each time was devastating. Only love could make us go through with it. Take care.

Sorry for your loss. I like your posts with pictures and stories of your pup. I'm sure you'll cherish the fond memories of your time together.

Sorry Dawg. She looks just like my oldest (I have two Goldens and provide doggie day-care for my son's). I will face the same thing soon with Bridie and am not looking forward to it.

Only time can heal the pain of the loss of a loved one. Then you will be left with the great memories you two shared. My deepest sympathies.

I'm still thinking about you Dawg. Hang in there bud.

So very, very sorry for your great loss. What a beautiful picture you shared. The pain dulls, but never really goes away...best to you...

I've been through this more times than I care to count, and each time is as hard as the times before. My deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved friend...and remember that all dogs go to Heaven (cats, too!)

My deepest condolences on the loss of your friend, Dawg. :(

It is so very painful, and they will always be in your heart. We had to have our Golden put down almost a year ago and still talk about her almost every day. To get through it I had to remind myself that she had a very good life, and that with her health problems it would have been selfish to make her suffer any longer. It sounds like you gave your girl the best life a dog could hope for. My deepest sympathy, JanF

Just re-read all the condolences. Very nice and I appreciate it. I still feel like Mike Tyson hit me in the stomach and bit off my ear, but doing OK.

An old work buddy called and told me he was fostering a rescued golden retriever mix, about 8 months old. I might go take a look next week. Not sure I'm ready to jump back in this quick, but giving a home to a dog in need could be rewarding too. We will see.

Back
Top Bottom