Lost a good friend today...........

Oh, Dawg, that puppy sounds wonderful. "Fluffy" was a lunch hour purchase from the SPCA the week after we lost BW who had the same markings as Fluffy. I found BW in the basement and she stayed with us for four years. Still keep a photo out of the kitten Fluffy in front of a shrine for BW. Many people say you should wait but the puppy needs you. No regrets here, Fluffy is a great cat from a fostering system.

Just re-read all the condolences. Very nice and I appreciate it. I still feel like Mike Tyson hit me in the stomach and bit off my ear, but doing OK.

An old work buddy called and told me he was fostering a rescued golden retriever mix, about 8 months old. I might go take a look next week. Not sure I'm ready to jump back in this quick, but giving a home to a dog in need could be rewarding too. We will see.

Go for it Dawg! She would have wanted you to help a colleague of hers. Wouldn´t be jealous at all, being just 8 months old.

You love dogs, this 8 month old doggie needs a home. No rocket science there. Go at your own speed.

When my 13 yo Shepherd Husky mix Jake passed, I waited about 2 months before I went to the Humane Society "just to see".
Uh huh. :rolleyes:
There was Rocket Dog was all by herself in a large area. No other littermates. She had been found in a grocery store parking lot.
All it took was one look at those puppy dog eyes...:blush:
She was not meant to replace Jake, but she was just the medicine I needed. She still cracks me up at 10 years old. :D

Dawg, Four months after our Golden died (at 14 1/2 years), we lost our 15 year old mixed breed dog. Our plan was to be sad and pathetic for awhile, but a co-worker had a dog coming into rescue from a neglect situation and could we just foster her? Well, we did and ended up adopting her. She's a delight and doesn't take anything away from the memory of the ones we lost, they are all such individuals. No one can say what's best for anyone else, but this was the right thing for us.

When our 18 year old cat died 2 years ago, we were devastated. It took several months before we could even think about adopting another loving fur ball again. Then we heard of kittens needing a home and we went to take a look at them. DW didn't feel ready to jump right back in. But as soon as we saw those adorable kittens there was no turning back. The "girls" actually chose us. One climbed on my shoe and wouldn't come off. The other one hid in DW's pant leg. They both came home with us and we never regretted our decision. We still think fondly about our 18 year old cat. She was special and will live forever in our hearts and minds. But life must go on, and so many pets need a good home... We can't deny them that opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom