NFL: 2017 Season

QB lineup next Sunday is Keenum v Foles (6:40pm EST), Bortles vs Brady (3:05pm EST). Could have two QB's in Super Bowl who have never been there. Eagles are underdogs again. Jags look very good.

On top of that - 3 of the 4 remaining teams have never won the Super Bowl

And as long as any of the three who haven't won it *do* win it instead of the Evil Empire, I'm happy. Problem is, that's a longshot.

Odd's may be against it, but is it really a "long shot"?
The playoffs have been full of good teams, but not invulnerable ones.

As for the Vikes, as a lifelong Vikings fan, it was so incredible to be on the winning side of one of those phenomenal plays rather than the loosing side:)
Both teams made a number of errors in the game, and both teams had shining moments in the game. I thought it was over when Case threw that ball up for grabs which lead to the Saints second touchdown.
Glad to see I was wrong:)

Odd's may be against it, but is it really a "long shot"?
The playoffs have been full of good teams, but not invulnerable ones.

As for the Vikes, as a lifelong Vikings fan, it was so incredible to be on the winning side of one of those phenomenal plays rather than the loosing side:)
Both teams made a number of errors in the game, and both teams had shining moments in the game. I thought it was over when Case threw that ball up for grabs which lead to the Saints second touchdown.
Glad to see I was wrong:)

I think both teams could have done a better job milking the clock down. The Vikings could have not given the Saints that much time left and the Saints could have kept the ball in their hands, do or die and not given the Vikings a chance at all. But I guess, in the heat of the battle and clock ticking, you just want to score.

Last edited:
We’re Pats fans, but this is not their best year lineup ever by a long shot, not even equal to last year IMO. But you never know, the Pats were lucky to win their last two SB’s (Falcons & Seahawks) and unlucky to lose the two before to the Giants. Any given Sunday is very real - no team is ever a lock.

Last edited:
Too early for predictions, just for fun? I'll try anyhow.

Pats have to be heavily favored to go all the way again. But if the Vikings make the SB and with the home crowd, could knock off the Pats.

My predictions as to who wins rest of the way is Pats beat Jaguars, Eagles beat Vikings. Pats beat Eagles for SB.

But as last night proved, anything can happen.

The odds makers have the Pats as favorites followed by the Vikings, Eagles and Jaguars in that order. It's tough to bet against them with the other 3 teams lacking playoff experience.

But they also favored the Falcons and Steelers this past weekend. That's why they play the games.

As a Pats fan, as much as I like them to win another SB, it won't be a heart breaker if they don't. We've won our fair share and it will be good to see a team that never won it hoist the trophy.

Yes, anything can happen.

An example is Foles over-throwing his targeted receiver, ball sails over head, Falcons d-back has ball bounce off his knee for 10 yards, and it arrives in the hands of Eagle's Torrey Smith. Looked like something from "Angels in the Outfield" movie.

The play is in these highlights:

Reports that Brady has hand injury.

But I'd think come Sunday, he should be fine.

If not, then Jimmy G, where for art thou?

Reports that Brady has hand injury.

But I'd think come Sunday, he should be fine.

If not, then Jimmy G, where for art thou?

He will play on Sunday. X-rays did not show any structural damage so a bruised hand will not keep him out.

Besides, the NFL is praying that he plays and wins this weekend so they don't end up with a Blake Bortles against Case Keenum or Nick Foles in the SB. Will not be good for the ratings.

The majority of people outside NE want to see NE lose this weekend but the NFL would rather see them lose in the SB.....

Last edited:
As a Pats fan, as much as I like them to win another SB, it won't be a heart breaker if they don't. We've won our fair share and it will be good to see a team that never won it hoist the trophy.
+1. I don’t “expect” the Pats to win from here on out. But if they do, I’ll graciously accept...

Cakewalk for Pats. Easiest playoff ever for the best sports franchise of all time.
:LOL:

Cakewalk for Pats. Easiest playoff ever for the best sports franchise of all time.
If Brady plays like he did against Miami, they won’t beat anyone. Any given Sunday...

While I am an ardent Patriots fan, I don't see the Jags as a cakewalk but I hope you are right. On any given Sunday anything can happen.

I am just praying that Brady can go because I have little confidence in Brian Hoyer.

I almost feel the SB won't be worth it . Patriots will probably win easily . So much for the Steelers going against NE . My worthless prediction
Vikings VS Patriots , This might Jinx them both !
Patriots win SB by 9

I don't see the Jags nor either the Eagles or the Vikings as being easy wins for the Patriots... all of the remaining teams are very good and I think the games will be good too.

It all starts at the top. The administration, management, coaching. Every player is solid and on the same page and of course the greatest QB of all time. No way they lose just based on the fact the other QB's couldn't carry Brady's jockstrap.

The Jags have a real defense BUT if they get close to Brady flags will fly and frustration will set in . Tom Coughlin the GM of Jax. was the last HC to beat the Pats in a SB. Blake Bortles just doesn't seem that good .
Vikings are a really good team and Case Keenum has come a long way , but he still forces a lot . Philly with Foles is better than average but they are playing in their element . Outside in cooler weather . Vikings are a dome team.

Patriots will have a easier game , playing at home gives them a tremendous advantage. clocks stop , ref's miss calls , communication systems fail, footballs lose air, tuck rule , Snow Plow man , illegal videoing . LOL
Vikings defense will have to do it this weekend , and they can. This game will be real close .

So much for the Steelers going against NE .

With all the talented players the Steelers have they lack coaching talent. Their defense gave up 38 points to the Jags (the other TD was a fumble recovery) so they fire the offensive coordinator when the offense scored 42 points :confused:

The head coach announced that they will play the Pats in the AFC championship with 6 games left in the regular season...Another head scratcher.

A dysfunctional team that lacks discipline.

Last edited:
Not to start any hard feeling but I would like to see a new champion this year. One of the three that have not won a SB. I follow college ball mostly and love that kid Carson Wentz for Philly if he was playing and not injured I would want them to win it all. I believe I will pull for the vikes this year. If there is any team that's had no luck or can catch a break it is MN so maybe it is their year >>>> but I doubt it. LOL

Would have loved to see Eagles win this year but without starting QB the odds are stacked against them. Also nice to see Vikings in the mix. They are 0 for 4 in SB's. One of the posters said earlier how odds are stacked against Jags because game at Pat's because of deflated footballs and such. I think that is a bunch of crap. They are just superior from the top down and could beat most teams with spitballs or whatever.
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom