NFL: 2017 Season

One of the posters said earlier how odds are stacked against Jags because game at Pat's because of deflated footballs and such. I think that is a bunch of crap.
:cool:

+1.

Heck they only won two SBs and on their way for a possible third playing with fully inflated balls. Talk about competitive advantage:rolleyes:

Bring it home! It's the Vikes year! I will be watching on the 115" Had tix to last week's playoff game! :D

They are playing like incredibly closely and are very close off the field. Plus they are just incredibly athletic.

Rhodes, Smith, Griffin, Thielen, Diggs, Murray, McKinnon, and Keenum! YES YES YES!

Would have loved to see Eagles win this year but without starting QB the odds are stacked against them.
Oh my, no starting QB!
Hut Hut Hut. Vikings D gets every hike, and score like 194 points?
:dance:

Its been a bit entertaining watching the press scrutinize Brady's hand situation.... sometimes I wonder if he and Belichick sit in the office and say...

I wonder what we can do this week to yank the press' chain. How about this? How about that? No, this would be even better!

We have more details....It's his thumb.

I'm willing to bet 100% he'll play. Now, 100% effective, that may be a different story. Who knows.

Its been a bit entertaining watching the press scrutinize Brady's hand situation.... sometimes I wonder if he and Belichick sit in the office and say...
My first thought when I heard about Brady's hand injury was that this was just another Belicheat tactic to gain an advantage or headlines, or both. Maybe Brady will be able to throw better if he let's a little of Belicheat's hot air out of the ball.:hide:

Last edited:
Even at 50% efficiency Brady is better than Brian Hoyer.

As far as backups around the league, I don't think Hoyer is that bad.

Still would rather have Jimmy G as a backup though if I was a Pats fan.

As far as backups around the league, I don't think Hoyer is that bad.

Still would rather have Jimmy G as a backup though if I was a Pats fan.

I agree with you on Jimmy G but it's too late for that.

As for Hoyer he may be a serviceable replacement temporarily but his stats in his only post season appearance with Houston:

44% completions
0 TD
4 INT
with a QB rating of 15.9 Ouch....

Last edited:
My first thought when I heard about Brady's hand injury was that this was just another Belicheat tactic to gain an advantage or headlines, or both. Maybe Brady will be able to throw better if he let's a little of Belicheat's hot air out of the ball.:hide:

If the Pats win the SB they would have won 3 SB with deflated footballs and 3 SB with fully inflated balls:LOL:

Last edited:
I agree with you on Jimmy G but it's too late for that.

As for Hoyer he may be a serviceable replacement temporarily but his stats in his only post season appearance with Houston:

44% completions
0 TD
4 INT
with a QB rating of 15.9 Ouch....

I do kinda remember the 4 INT now. Yes, ouch!

But on backup QBs, are there any star backups out there that comes to mind (besides Foles and Keenum :)). I'm drawing a blank.

I do kinda remember the 4 INT now. Yes, ouch!

But on backup QBs, are there any star backups out there that comes to mind (besides Foles and Keenum :)). I'm drawing a blank.

I do not... and even tough all went to him, was it his throws or tips or great defense...

Also, was he throwing more to catch up which leads to bad throws:confused:

I do not... and even tough all went to him, was it his throws or tips or great defense...

Also, was he throwing more to catch up which leads to bad throws:confused:

Don't remember the details. But to seem to remember he had 4 picks and a really bad game.

Last year, 2016 season, when Hoyer was in the Bears (began season as backup for Cutler), IMO, he did show some good ability reading defenses. But when he got is arm broken, that ended his season.

All of my favorite teams are out of the running at this point. But I still have an interest in the playoffs and SB. I'm holding out hope that the Pat's get beat badly. Personally I hope they make it to the SB and then get beat. Whatever gets the most embarrassment for them. Unfortunately they are pretty darn good football team and are going to be hard to beat.

You might suspect that I'm not a Pats fan, not even close.

What a game, the Pats were lucky to win that one. It looked like the Jaguars were going to own them at 14-3, but the mo turned...whew.

What a game, the Pats were lucky to win that one. It looked like the Jaguars were going to own them at 14-3, but the mo turned...whew.

Good game all around. Good thing Brady has a good team all around him. He played well but he needed help today against a tough Jacksonville team.

.... No way they lose just based on the fact the other QB's couldn't carry Brady's jockstrap.

Well, they could carry Brady's jockstrap, but probably not while Brady was still wearing it.

Good game all around. Good thing Brady has a good team all around him. He played well but he needed help today against a tough Jacksonville team.

Agree.... NE was bailed out by the two long pass interference calls... both were correct calls but I am not sure they would have been completions without them...

And that defensive play at the end by NE... just needed a bit more air on that ball and it is complete and maybe for a touchdown...

SOOOO close....

Hope the next one is just as exciting...

A play here or there and game could've been different. On that fumble where the ball got ripped out of the Pats' RB's hands. Looks like the defender wasn't down and could have returned the recovery for a TD? He had a clear field.

I think the Jaguars went away from a time of possession game, where they did so well in the 1st half.

Brady is like cat burglar on those comebacks. Gotta hand it to the Pats. All with the Gronk zonked out of the 2nd half.

I'm curious how you determine Gronk is "out of it". Isn't that his normal state?

NFL has become a football exhibition . Only to support NE 100 yds of penalties on JAX and 5 on NE . The second half was a schooling in holding by NE.\\\

NE will win the SB in a real close one to keep fans in suspense like this game and last years SB

OK, too much pain. I've decided to root for the Patriots--and I'm making it retroactive up to the time the Steelers won their last Super Bowl.
Corporateburnout, how about passing the chips over here....

Last edited:
OK, too much pain. I've decided to root for the Patriots--and I'm making it retroactive up to the time the Steelers won their last Super Bowl.
Corporateburnout, how about passing the chip over here....
Done. If you can't beat them join them

Jags played a heck of game and were good on both sides of the ball. I think they'll be back in the playoffs next year.

Back
Top Bottom