NFL: 2021 Season

No idea. Sure there’s been some starters out but they have just been beat, plain and simple. So many missed tackles, blown assignments, and miscommunications. Add in the turnovers and it’s been rough. Hope they get it together but Chargers are looking like a lock on AFC west.

Coach Gruden of the Raiders stepping down after more emails turned up.
I’m sorry, but his was 10 years ago and the Raiders are undefeated.

Raiders Lost to Da Bears on Sunday.

No idea. Sure there’s been some starters out but they have just been beat, plain and simple. So many missed tackles, blown assignments, and miscommunications. Add in the turnovers and it’s been rough. Hope they get it together but Chargers are looking like a lock on AFC west.
Mahomes didn't play that well against Buff either, but I doubt that will continue.

Is it too early to start considering the draft?

If I was KC, I would be looking for some new defensive players after what I saw today (actually, all season).

Last edited:
Go Pack Go! Not sure about the man-bun / surfer dude look, but still the same #12! Love the atmosphere of Lambeau.

What on earth is going on with the Chiefs? Surely they’ll get it together again soon.

Another good performance by Joe Burrow.

I feel sorry for that fan who gave the Tom Brady 600th TD pass ball back. Yes, he did get other things (a different ball, plus I saw in news, bitcoin :confused:worth about $60K).

He was just being a good sport (I probably would have done the same) but folks are calling him a chump.

I feel sorry for that fan who gave the Tom Brady 600th TD pass ball back. Yes, he did get other things (a different ball, plus I saw in news, bitcoin :confused:worth about $60K).

He was just being a good sport (I probably would have done the same) but folks are calling him a chump.

I can't say confidently that I would have given it back not knowing they were going to give me a bunch of stuff for it. Luckily the guy will get a season and a half of tickets to every home game, several signed items from Brady and $1000 credit for the pro shop. Even without the $60K bitcoin it was a good deal but with that it was an amazingly god deal. Sounds like a good deal to.

Last edited:
I can't say confidently that I would have given it back not knowing they were going to give me a bunch of stuff for it. Luckily the guy will get a season and a half of tickets to every home game, several signed items from Brady and $1000 credit for the pro shop. Even without the $60K bitcoin it was a good deal but with that it was an amazingly god deal. Sounds like a good deal to.
Sound like it could be an interesting tax issue for Byron Kennedy.

Someone posted on Twitter that "Tony Romo suggested they'll give the fan a date with Gisel." :) That may not be taxable.

Last edited:
So much for Mahomes vs Rodgers matchup this Sunday. Will be Mahomes vs Love. Rodgers out for game, covid related.

So much for Aaron Rodgers vs. Patrick Mahomes.
The Green Bay quarterback is the latest member of the Packers to test positive for COVID-19, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported. As a result, Rodgers will not play against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
The NFL has considered Rodgers as unvaccinated since the start of the season, according to NFL Network.
Under league protocol, if Rodgers tests positive and is unvaccinated, he must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days and cannot return until Nov. 13 if he remains asymptomatic

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2021/1...-will-miss-showdown-with-patrick-mahomes.html

It is a no-win situation in terms of the opinion of others :). If he had kept it and held out for a big payout, likely just as many folks (even those who are now calling him a chump) would call him greedy.

Packer fans have been spoiled the last 25+ years with Favre and Rodgers. Now it's time for a dose of what to expect when Rodgers leaves. Not likely we get to have another HOF quarterback, I just hope he isn't too horrible.

May add some clarity one way or another.

Congrats to Cooper Rush, winning his first game as a starting QB.

Cowboys are rolling!

My biggest question about the latest Rodgers situation that I haven't seen talked about (probably because kept in secret) is what's his health status? In other words, does he have active symptoms? If so, he may be out longer than until 1 day before the Seattle game regardless of everything else going on like how will the NFL come down (if at all) about potential rule violations.

Congrats to Cooper Rush, winning his first game as a starting QB.

Cowboys are rolling!

I had my doubts about him, but he rose to the occasion. Hope injuries do not get out of hand and they keep rolling.

Wow I thought Rodgers was a pretty smart dude, but apparently that's only for football.

+1 Yeah, we were talking about this with some friends at dinner last night.

Knowing that you are the star of the team and that playing every game is so critical to the team's success for the season, it is totally boneheaded for Rogers to refuse to get vaccinated... you're risking your team's success for the season and letting down all of your teammates. Dumb-ass.

And I really like the guy.

+1 Yeah, we were talking about this with some friends at dinner last night.

Knowing that you are the star of the team and that playing every game is so critical to the team's success for the season, it is totally boneheaded for Rogers to refuse to get vaccinated... you're risking your team's success for the season and letting down all of your teammates. Dumb-ass.

And I really like the guy.

That was my initial reaction but Rodgers claims he is allergic to an ingredient in mRNA vaccines and concerned about the blood clot risk from the J&J shot so maybe he has a legit reason for seeking alternative treatments. He definitely has said some very stupid things and taking advice from Joe Rogan is as bad of a decision as a person can make but if he is legit allergic to the main vaccine then maybe I won't condemn the guy completely just yet.

Rodgers claims he is allergic to an ingredient in mRNA vaccines and concerned about the blood clot risk from the J&J shot so maybe he has a legit reason for seeking alternative treatments.
+1

That was my initial reaction but Rodgers claims he is allergic to an ingredient in mRNA vaccines and concerned about the blood clot risk from the J&J shot so maybe he has a legit reason for seeking alternative treatments. He definitely has said some very stupid things and taking advice from Joe Rogan is as bad of a decision as a person can make but if he is legit allergic to the main vaccine then maybe I won't condemn the guy completely just yet.

Concerned about blood clot risk from the J&J shot? Sounds more like a rationalization by Mr. Rogers than a legitimate excuse.

The blood clot risk was 1) very rare and 2) mostly older women. I'm sure that he could arrange to be well monitored for blood clots after taking the vaccine.

• On April 23, CDC and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommended use of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) COVID-19 Vaccine resume in the United States after a temporary pause.
  • Reports after the use of J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine suggested an increased risk of a rare adverse event called thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS). Most reports of this serious condition, which involves blood clots with low platelets, have been in adult women younger than 50 years old.
  • A review of available data showed that the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine’s known and potential benefits outweigh its known and potential risks.
  • However, women younger than 50 years old especially should be aware of the rare but increased risk of this adverse event, and they should know about other available COVID-19 vaccine options for which this risk has not been seen.

My biggest question about the latest Rodgers situation that I haven't seen talked about (probably because kept in secret) is what's his health status? In other words, does he have active symptoms? If so, he may be out longer than until 1 day before the Seattle game regardless of everything else going on like how will the NFL come down (if at all) about potential rule violations.

According to him (his full video interview is on YouTube where he provides all of the details surrounding this situation, in his words), is that he had active symptoms for a day or to but now feels much better. "If this was the flu, I'd be playing Sunday" (his quote).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom